Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which Hair Straightners???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi

i have read what others have posted about straightners but want a more info.

Yesterday whilst shopping in Debenhams a lady was demonstrating a new brand of straightners called CORIOLISS has anyone heard of these?? I had washed my hair the night before and went to bed with it damp - my hair is quite wavy and frizzy, anyway i had it up in a ponytail yesterday to hide the mess and was more than keen to let her try the striaghtners on me. I have to say i was really impressed, she only straightened the top section of my hair but it was even straight this morning!! They felt really smooth going through my hair, just like GHD's that i used of a friends once - i only have the crap hairtools ones. These Corioliss ones were £70 and get this they had cordless pink or black ones that heated up to over 200 degrees and had an in-car charger! oh but they were £120. I have read people talking about T3 straigtners are these made by GHD or is T3 a make of their own and are these any good or would i be best going for GHD's??

Thanks
Nic

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:10 am      Reply with quote
T3's and GHD are different brands - I have had my GHDs since they cam eout but recently upgraded to T3's which gie just as good a result with less heat, and my hair is in MUCH better condition!
Just googled 'Corioliss ' as I want some cordless ones so I can take them with me when I'm out and about - they are £114 members price on - http://www.corioliss.com/ProductReviewView.asp?P=92&C=1&RPage=

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Lucia, could u tell me if the T3's are ionic and where did u get urs and for how much??

many thanks

Nicola

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:36 am      Reply with quote
nicky1, the T3 ones are ionic and I paid $300au Surprised for mine.I bought mine on ebay. I'm not sure but HQhair might have them.
I actually just sold mine,saw all the rave reviews for the sedu on folica and got sucked in Very Happy
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carol,thanks for the reply, can u tell me if the sedu ones were better than the T3's and were the T3's better than GHD's

Thanks
Nicky1

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:15 am      Reply with quote
nicky1- I'm actually waiting on my sedu to arrive(should be here this week)so I'll let you know when I get it and use it. The t3 did make my hair soft but I noticed alot of breakage when I was using it but maybe its just my hair,I dont know.One thing I liked about t3 was it never gave me split ends even when I used it several times a week.My remington one fried my ends.I've never tried the GHD,I've heard good reviews of it but its only really slimline and I need a bit wider plate than GHD for all my hair. Very Happy
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I got my Sedu today Very Happy I tested it out just on the bottom layer of my hair as I need a hair wash and couldnt be bothered washing and drying first.My hair felt really smooth and soft and straightened well(though my bottom layer seems to be straighter than the top so its easy to straighten) so I was happy with results.The plates are really smooth and glossy and the 1 1/2 inch was perfect for my hair and its heaps light to hold. Very Happy
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carolb69

thanks for the update, i was on the folica website yesterday and read the reviews and saw great results from the pictures.

So Carol, could u say for defo than, the final question i will ask u! the Sedu ones are they better than T3's (oh and have they rounded edges so the hair doesnt catch)?? I am going to buy on ur recommendation here!!!!

Could u also tell me how much the shipping was to Austrailia - just to give me an idea, i know i am in the uk, but just so i know roughtly and how long did they take to arrive?

Thanks again

Nicky1

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:35 am      Reply with quote
edited

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi nicky1
I dont mind the questions so dont worry. I reckon I like the sedu better,the t3 and sedu both leave a soft smooth finish to the hair but I reckon the sedu straightened better.I have heard other reviewers of the T3 say they didnt think it straightened their hair very well.It glided(the sedu)through my hair easily no catching.The edges aren't rounded more square shaped.I really like the width I got,I used to have a one inch straightener that was hopeless on my hair,it pulled and didnt straighten very well so I think it pays to get the right width for your hair(mines wavy but pretty fine with lots of it)From just doing part of my hair,I'm happy with it Very Happy It cost me $32au in postage,bit pricey.Might be cheaper to the UK.They give you a tracking number for it so you can see where your parcel is every day and it took less than a week to get to me.On the folica site just type sedu uk version into search and it will show the uk versions.Good Luck and if you get it I hope you like it Very Happy
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Well i have bitten the bullet and ordered the sedu straighteners - the money back guarantee appealed to me also so i hope they live up to my expectations! I just hope customs dont stop them on the way through to the uk and charge me a packet.

Nic

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi nicky
I hate to say but since i did that review and used it again properly this time on all my hair(when i wrote the review I only did very bottom layer of my hair which is straighter and smoother than the top) I wasn't that impressed,it seemed to cause static in my hair and my hair wasn't as smooth as with the t3 so I sent it back for a refund.I now wish I had my t3 back Sad I just think it is overated and I didnt get the results the girls in those pictures did.And it felt more damaging on my hair than the t3. I could tell this would fry my ends. I still have a slight wave with t3 but I dont mind that,looks more natural i think.I hope you have better results than me but at least they have a money back guarantee. I also tested it out by doing one side of my head with the sedu and the other with my cheaper remington and just couldnt see the difference. Dont want to put a damper on it,you may have great results but just wanted to update.
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:59 am      Reply with quote
ohhh noo!! carol, hope that they work ok for me, i have a crappy pair of hairtools ones so at least i wont have the comparison of the t3's so it should at least be a definate improvement - hopefully! How much did u have to pay to ship the sedu's back and when u received them did u have to pay a customs charge - i will be gutted if i have to pay customs as well.

Thanks for the update anyway.

nicky

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nicky
It cost me $18au to send them back and i didnt get charged any customs.Folica are pretty quick to refund your money.
Good luck Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |