Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Whatcha Listening To?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing to do with skincare, but since we're all pretty friendly around here, I think it's pretty cool that we share personal aspects of our lives with each other.

I'm working away on the Forum right now, at home, glass of cider in hand, and listening to a blast from the past: Jim Croce. I am 31, afterall, and this is an artist that my Dad used to listen to when I was really little. Pretty lyrics, and a very talented artist. It's a shame that he was one who died too soon.

Other stuff that I heard a lot of when I was really little: Joni Mitchell's Blue album (still a fave!), John Denver (again, pretty lyrics), lots of Motown (hey, my Mum grew-up across from Detroit!), John Lennon, and Paul McCartney (not Wings. His solo stuff, like McCartney.)

Re: Mum and Motown. She is one of five girls. She and her sisters used to dance so much in front of the radio (twistin', Monkey, etc.) ... that they wore a hole in my grandparents' carpeting! Shock

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I've been aware of musicians, and started my collection at five: Abba Greatest Hits, Vol. 2. On vinyl. Do I remember when John Lennon was shot? Yes. I was in first grade. December, 1980. Precotious kid.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've been pretty eclectic in my music listening of late.....funny, my husband was upstairs working on finishing the third floor and he had Jim Croce on the cd player - yes, a great musician, with some lovely lyrics.

I've been liking stuff I've heard from Luce, and just downloaded a couple of his songs (Buy a Dog, Good Day). I like Jamie Cullum, have also revisited John Mayer's Room For Squares - I love that cd, Temptation by Shelby Lynne - oh, but her voice is fab on this cd....

I find I don't particularly care for what's on top-40 radio these days. Even my nieces and nephews who are in their late teens/early twenties are big time into The Beatles, Led Zepplin, and some of the "older" classic stuff.
Speaking of the Beatles, RubberSoul was just re-mastered, and I have to get that - one of my all time fave. Beatles albums.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Maria - ditto on Jon Mayer's Room for Squares. I will never tire of that album. Same for many Dave Matthews Band albums.

My recent rotation ... especially when house cleaning (cuts the drudgery) ... is Alanis Morissette Unplugged, Alica Keys Unplugged, and Anna Nalik's Wreck of the Day.

And the all time favorite album (drum roll please) is called Angel in the House by a group called the Story, which I don't think is together any more. Still leaves me breathless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:31 am      Reply with quote
the main thing on my cd player the moment is the new Goldfrapp album Supernature. Just loving it!

Other stuff, Cat Stevens because I'm working on a couple of songs.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor and Ministry of Sound Funky House Sessions Embarassed Also revisiting Armin van Buuren's Universal Religion 2004 and Jack Johnson Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Landb -

Are you talking about Jonatha Brooke and the Story? If so, I love her voice....

If not, I'll have to check out the band. It sounds so familiar.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Maria - yes yes yes! Jonatha Brooke! I couldn't remember her name. I have a solo live album by her and it is breathtaking. Her voice gives me chills.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
This might make me a dinosaur but I love all the old stuff from the 70s, which I happen to think is the greatest musical decade of all time (then the 60s). I especially love all the old classic rock: Led Zeppelin, Queen, the Who, Aerosmith (until they sold out in the 90s), Peter Frampton, Elton John, David Bowie, Foreigner, Bad Company, Electric Light Orchestra, Cheap Trick, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Yes, Jethro Tull...the list goes on!

I am also an unrepentant fan of disco and the Brothers’ Gibb who believes that “Saturday Night Fever” is the greatest movie soundtrack of all time, although my all-time fave Bee Gees song is “Nights on Broadway.”

Believe it or not, I’ve actually only purchased three CDs in the past 20 years by artists who were considered “current” at the time: Guns ‘n’ Roses “Appetite for Destruction,” Alannis Morrisette’s “Jagged Little Pill” and the Darkness’ “Permission to Land.”

So great is my love and adoration for the “AM Gold” songs of my youth that I actually purchased Time-Life Music’s “Singers and Songwriters” collection, along with any other compilation disk of containing songs from that time. My first album purchase was Queen’s “Night at the Opera” when I was about 6 years old. I became obsessed with “Bohemian Rhapsody” after my brother played it for me the first time and I absolutely had to have the LP for myself so I could play it again whenever I wanted....

About 15 years ago, one of the radio station’s in Austin played a syndicated series called “the History of Rock and Roll” that looked at the significant songs and artists from the 1950s till around 1981. Each week they’d look at a different year per decade and finally when they reached the end of the series, they played what they called “the History of Rock and Roll Timeline” which was a oral montage of snippets from the #1 songs from that time frame. When they got to the decade of the 70s and played the montage of those songs, it gave me goosebumps to listen to it because I could close my eyes and remember exactly where I was and what I was doing at the time that song was #1 – talk about seeing one’s life flash before one’s very eyes!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:23 am      Reply with quote
ROBBIE WILLIAMS NEW CD,, SEXYYYYYYYYYYY AND I'VE GOT TICKETS TO GO SEE HIM NEXT YEAR........SO EXCITED! ALSO LISTENING TO WESTLIFES NEW ONE...
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have been listening to The Who Very Happy
Oh and I never miss Dave Pearce Dance Anthems on Radio 1 Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great thread! I have been so into a new band my friend turned me on to. They're called "Anthony & The Johnsons". The music is like a mix of jazz, chanteuse, rock, I can't even describe it. The lead singer's voice is HAUNTING!
I also have been playing my Fotheringay CD a lot the past few days, (love Sandy Denny), that and some hindu chants. I know, it's a wierd mix! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
you guys have awesome taste in music.. just an fyi

the beatles top everything i've ever heard.. and i'm working on getting the new Rubber Soul album! i'm also a die hard fan of Ben Folds.

here's some new guys that are pretty amazing:
Damien Rice
Ray LaMontagne
Joseph Arthur

and there's this song I'm obsessed with that I heard on the Boogie Nights album.. it's called "Brand New Key" by Melanie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I love Brand New Key!!!!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:26 am      Reply with quote
In my car, the only CDs allowed there is Sarah Brightman's cd's. In my office, it's still Sarah B, in the family room, it's mostly a compilation of different songs from different artist like Cher, Tina Turner etc. I like listening to LOUD kick ass music when I clean the house.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
...(love Sandy Denny)...
Sandy Denny – isn’t she dead? And wasn’t she the one who sang the female vocals in Led Zeppelin’s “Battle of Evermore” on Side 1 of their fourth album? I just finished reading the Zep biography “Hammer of the Gods” and that’s why the name is ringing a bell....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
yeah, she did sing with led zeplin. Don't know if she's dead or not. Love her voice though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Wow... I was certain I was the only one who knew about Anthony & the Johnsons !!! Awesome, really....

I tend to listen to alot of r&b and classic rock, but I probably listen to more classical music than anything else. Lately, I've been playing Pablo Casals conducting the Brandenburg Concertos and I'm certain there is nothing more beautiful.

For the most part, I'm not overly impressed with much of what's out there these days. I love r&b, but alot of the new female vocalists are just so into vocal acrobatics, they sound like they're yodelling.. I am impressed with Joss Stone though. I almost fainted when I found out she was only 18 !!! There's alot of depth there for someone sooooo young.

I did get to go the Cream Reunion concert in NYC (cause I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Clapton) - been listening to a download of the one they did in London. Some things really do improve with age Cool
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:35 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
For the most part, I'm not overly impressed with much of what's out there these days.
Couldn’t have worded it better myself! Cool

katee wrote:
...I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Clapton.
You and me both! I especially love that he’s returned to his blues roots. I saw him in Dallas the summer before last at his Crossroads Guitar Festival. Slowhand playing with all of my blues idols? It don’t get much better than that!

You know that I’m from Austin, but you probably don’t know that we consider the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughan to be a deity of modern rock and blues, who was – arguably – the greatest modern blues guitarist of all-time. I can’t believe it’s been almost 15 years since he was taken from us.

I’ll never forget the day that I heard the news on the radio: SRV was touring with other guitar/blues legends Clampton and Robert Cray. On the radio one morning while I was driving to work after my morning classes, the DJ said that it was reported that one of the guitarists had been killed overnight in a helicopter crash following a gig in Wisconsin, but they wouldn’t say who it was. And, God help me, I was praying that it was EC or Robert Cray and not my beloved SRV.

He’d just gotten himself clean and sober, and had just released his best album (“Instep”) in years, so how could he be struck down at that point in his life?? I was shattered. I’d just seen SRV jam at one of our local – legendary – Austin blues clubs very late one night, a couple of weeks before he was killed. He bought me a drink (a Dr. Pepper – I was only 19!!), and I told him I was a huge fan and how disappointed I was that I’d never heard him play my favorite SRV song live. He asked me which song, and when he went back on stage to finish the set, he played “Life Without You,” just for me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
i bought the new kate bush cd on the weekend, so i am having a kate bush revival. "heathcliff, it's me cathy... "
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am a happy hardcore fan Wink
I see hardcore is making a comeback, I've been listening to the Radio 1 dance residency and DJ Kutski is fantastic.
I don't know if there are any other fans out there Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Myself, I think there is some pretty good hip-hop music out there right now....Kayne West, Ying/Yang Twins etc.
But the music I really like all the time is house music Very Happy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Well at the moment I'm listening to Rob Thomas, he was the singer of MatchboxTwenty. His solo album is amazing and what a voice!

Also got Bon Jovi and Whitesnake in the car..

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:

Also got Bon Jovi and Whitesnake in the car..

Not actually them Very Happy the cd's!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Barry White. Then there is a lot of Guns n Roses, Led Zep, Bon Jovi, AC/DC a band not well known called Roadstar. Sabbath, Bowie, Tina Turner. Can I admit to Louis Armstrong. I love soul music/motown. To be honest I love most music.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |