Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

~ FOUND !!! a Phytomer devotee
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime and Leiladao asked for it a little while ago so here's my review on a few of the products from the Phytomer range! Very Happy

To begin with, I have Normal/ Dry combination skin (ie. Oilier around the T-zone, dry on the cheeks). It's similar to Mabsy's, my fellow Aussie, in that it's not sensitive. It's quite resilient and doesn't flare up easily, probably because we've gotten used to contending with the Australian climate like having to be extra sun-aware. I never leave the house without wearing sunscreen, even if it's a cloudy over-cast day, or if it's a 5 minutes walk across a car park.....The fact that these Phytomer products are based on marine algology, where certain algae were found to be "perfectly resistent to the aggressions of the sun and also devoured toxins" appealed to me in more ways than one. I work in an air-conditioned environment which can dry my skin so it's having to keep myself hydrated from the outside and in... using Phytomer creates that perfect "barrier" to lock in moisture and my skin remains comfortable throughout the day.

Coming across Phytomer has been my best disovery this year !!! SurprisedSurprised I was on holidays in France and wanted to find a good quality product to try, especially something that I couldn't buy from home in Australia. I'm so thankful I didn't succumb to the larger, widely advertised brands and asked about products that had "proven" themselves. I was pointed to Phytomer. From what appeared to be an extensive range to choose from, targeting all types of skin, I chose 5 products to put to the test and I cannot say that they have let me down. WinkWinkWink

I chose the Phytomer Doux Nettoyant Gentle Cleansing Cream, Hydration Reinforcee (day moisturiser), Extended Youth Night cream, Contour Lift Eye cream and (of course the ever essential!!!) sunscreen from their Soleil range, Protective Cellular Anti-Aging cream SPF30. I love these products and in terms of seeing results they are right on the mark Very HappyVery Happy . These 5 "essentials" have become my secret weapon to great skin, my morning and evening "ritual"... because they are a serious pleasure to use.

I have been using Phytomer now for 2 months and have well-and-truly become a die-hard fan. I have always loved beauty products but this range surpasses any that I have tried.
I've noticed that my skin has become more luminous, it is even-toned and smooth in texture. It's the complexion that you love seeing look back at you after a beautiful and restful night's sleep!!! You know the kind of glowing skin you have when you are on holidays on those balmy nights - that's how I can best describe the condition of my skin now.
Another thing, using Phytomer makes you want to keep up your skincare regime !! Not once after a long night of heavy partying have I been tempted to skip the cleansing and moisturising before crashing out. The make up has to come off but I don't reach for the de-makeup wipes anymore. :P

I found the cream cleanser works best when my skin doesn't have water on it. I warm up it up in my hands to emulsify it and then massage it all over into the contours of my face and neck until the whiteness of the cream disappears into my skin. I love this cleanser so much, I spend up to 4 minutes massaging my face. Very HappyVery Happy It is souffle rich and has a very subtle fragrance. You can feel a slight tingly sensation as opposed to the noticeable "minty" sensation that our girls on the forum love. Using it is like giving yourself a really nice facial. I usually add a bit of water to lubricate it again and massage some more Very Happy:P before a lukewarm rinse off with a soft cotton face washer.

At the moment I'm using Evian Mineral Water as a toner. I picked up a can of it from a supermarket when I was in France and I found that it works nicely before I moisturise. I just mist my face with two layers of it and when it dries a few seconds later I moisturise with the Hydration Reinforcee. Now this is *THE* most luxurious moisturiser I have ever used! It is quite rich in texture, a pale ocean green colour and smells wonderful. I warm up the cream between my hands and then sweep it over my face, gently pressing the product in. I can't help but close my eyes and breathe it in, it is sooo indulgent! My skin just drinks this moisturiser, and leaves it with a beautiful "glow".

The Contour Lift eye cream is so nice to use, it's quite a rich gel/ cream and is light and fluffy in texture. It absorbs readily into the eye area and keeps it well moisturised. It's a perfect base for concealer.

I top off with the sunscreen -- I love this 30 SPF sunscreen from the "Ogenage" range. I found to begin with it was an oily film on top of the moisturiser but it absorbs and doesn't leave streaks like
other sunscreens when applied over the top of moisturiser. The trick is to let the moisturiser settle first for a few minutes before applying the sunscreen. The tube is quite low at the moment so I must ask Caspers Mum or Magda if they will bring this into the Phytomer line on EDS -- fingers crossed!!

The Extended Youth Night Cream is as rich and is as beautiful to use as the day cream. It is a medium-weight, pale blue cream with tiny blue flecks dispersed throughout, and contains soothing marine spring water. It sinks into your skin ready for bed. Even when I don't get a full 8 hours sleep, my skin looks great when I wake up. It's the 8-hour beauty sleep in a jar I guess !! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

To answer Thoughtcrime's question, I have only used the Vegetal Exfoliant in a sample but liked it as a mask before I gently remove it with a facecloth. It's going to be on my EDS order Very Happy

I've written quite a lot on 5 products from the Phytomer range !! I just thought I'd share my experience as it's just an incredible range. There have been a few declarations of love when one of us discovers that miracle product-- mine would have to be pure lust at first site which has turned into what can only be described as a long and enduring love affair !!! haha Very HappyVery Happy

summertimegirl xx
Mabsy

Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for a great review Summertimegirl!

Now I really want to try the Hydration Reinforcee moisturiser Very Happy Sounds *VERY* nice indeed. I'm guessing this is the French name of the Phytomer Hydration Reinforcement that's available on EDS.

You should try the Face Dew toner if you haven't yet. It smells so yummy! Smile

Mabsy.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl, I must say that your awesome review was well worth the wait! Wink Thanks to you, I am really interested in trying this line now! I also like how their website and how you described that they discovered, "certain algae to be perfectly resistant to the aggressions of the sun and other algae devoured toxins"-- wow Surprised
I think I will purchase the Phytomer cleansing milk, as the cream I believe, has beeswax which is not vegan. have you tried the cleansing milk? I am also interested in the Extended Youth Night Cream. I am 27 with combination/sensitive skin. Do you think this will work for me or is this targeted for more mature skin? I am also eyeing the Phytomer hydra continue protective moisturizing milk w/ SPF 15; have you tried this? I have been searching for a day moisturizer with sunscreen. Thanks again! Wink
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy-- the Phytomer Hydration Reinforcement IS great Very HappyVery Happy, it really has won me over! It's described as a treatment cream and is for Dry to Very Dry skin but I found it was just right for my normal/ combination skin. Usually dry-skin formulas in a moisturiser can leave an oily look on your skin but I didn't find it with this one. Trust me your skin will lap this up and love it too Very Happy and yes the "Hydration Renforcee" is the French name for the Phytomer Hydration Reinforcement moisturiser. I found out it can be used in combination with a Phytomer Oligoforce serum (there are quite a few different serums) and I'm thinking of getting one to use in winter (thinking a bit ahead of time here as we only just got to summer here in Australia, I know I know :P:P:P) but I'm thinking my skin could do with a bit of extra care especially in the winter months when you can "boost" the moisturising power of your moisturiser! Have you ever incorporated serums into your moisturising regime ? Apparently it's suppose to strenghthen the affectiveness of the product.

I think I will purchase the Face Dew on your recommendation! rosewater smells so fresh, I would love it! Thanks Very HappyVery Happy

Thoughtcrime-- Thanks for your kind words too! I'm glad that you asked me to write up a review on Phytomer because it is really worth sharing it!! I'm eagerly waiting in anticipation for someone else who's tried this product range to tell us their results !!! WinkVery Happy

I checked out the Phytomer website as well, and in the Site Map there are 4 leading active agents derived from the algae that's harvested-- that was a pretty interesting read !! You can tell Phytomer have really done their homework in terms of research!! Who would have thought that there was more to algae than meets the eye?!?! let alone going into skincare ! Surprised

I checked out the Ingredients in the Gentle Cleansing cream and found that "beeswax" is not listed there as I know how strict a vegan you are. Wink
I'm wondering if there is a chemical term for it just in case? I can list the ingredients so you can check. I'll also send a query to check if any of their products contain anything other than marine agents, and find out for you before you decide between the Milk Cleanser or the Cream Cleanser!

I haven't tried the Phytomer Cleansing Milk but I imagine it would be nice and light if you prefer liquid to cream cleansers (I love the Phytomer Gentle Cream Cleanser-- and I forgot to mention in my review that it is GREAT for makeup removal, especially mascara removal-- no harsh stinging at all!). The Cleansing Milk is also for all skin types so it would be right for you. The Extended Youth Night Cream is a quite a rich cream and IS an anti-ageing product but it's perfect for people our age; I am 29 btw. For more mature skins Phytomer have a range called the Vie collection but we have a few more years to go before we walk down that path !!! Very HappyWink
If you are wondering if the Extended Youth Night Cream will suit your sensitive/ combination skin I say yes but before you buy perhaps you could ask for a sample to try first to see if it if you like it. Very HappyWink

For sensitive skin, the Phytomer line is really worth a try as it DOES really calm and normalises the skin, but is your skin ultra-sensitive ?? Phytomer have an Accept line that specifically targets senstive or problematic skin ie. skin that flares up/reacts to heat or cold/ shows redness...if that describes what you have then it's probably worth looking into that line.

I was actually going to purchase the Phytomer Hydra Continue but went for the Phytomer Hydra Reinforcement as I liked the richer texture Smile also there happened to only be ONE left on the shelf! I didn't know that there was a Hydra Continue Moisturising Milk with 15 SPF, where did you see this Thoughtcrime? I'm applying Phytomer 30 SPF Protective Cellular cream as a sunscreen over my moisturiser at the moment but I'm also looking for one that has built-in SPF!

summertimegirl xx Smile
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Summertimegirl! I just looked at the ingredients of the cleansing cream and lo and behold, I think it's fine for me to use! I must have been thinking about another product with beeswax; thanks for pointing that out to me! I'll stop by Sephora today and get a sample. Wink I'm also eager to try the extended youth night cream. Now is your combo. skin more oily or dry? I'm concerned it might be too oily or rich for me. Then again it IS winter here and I've cranked the heater as high as it will go Surprised I'll see if I can get a sample. My skin is not ultra sensitive but it does have its moments. Just a few days ago I was visiting my parents and petting their dog who I am allergic to (I know I know, but I love animals), and I didn't wash my hands and put moisturizer on my face. Within seconds my cheeks broke out into an itchy rash Mad The only thing that relieved it was Mustela's diaper rash ointment called vitamin barrier cream! Surprised In regards to the Hydra Continue Protective Moisturising Milk with 15 SPF--I have only seen it on Sephora's website. Check it out onwww.sephora.com They don't have it at EDS and I don't remember seeing it on Phytomer's own website which makes me wonder if it's being discontinued Surprised I'll let you know my experiences when I get a chance to try this line. Wink
Hanasummer

Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Summertimegirl and Thoughtcrime

I've been using Phytomer products on and off for a while. I've tried the cleansing cream as well as the milk. Personally I like the cream much more. It smells wonderful and leaves my skin feel soft and cleaned. The milk cleanser is milder but it doesn't do a good job on removing makeups. For toner, I used the Face Dew Lotion and loved it. Soothing Cream and Hydration Moisture Base are my favorite moisturizers. Occassionally I use the Moisturizing Serum with them. It works like B5 Gel except it smell much better. I don't like the Whitening Day and Night Cream; they are too dry for my normal/dry skin/sensitive skin and they don't smell as good as other products. Vegetal Exfoliant is my favorite exfoliant! Very gentle and effective. Besides, I've also tried Revitalizing Mask, Desensitizing Mask, and Lift Contour Eye Gel. As for conclusion, Phytomer products are addictive. The smell is irresistable. I went crazy after the first try and ended up buying more and more.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Hanasummer, wSurprisedw I REALLY REALLY want to try Phytomer now. Thanks for enabling my product junkie tendencies. :P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hey Thoughtcrime! You're right the more you hear good feedback from the Phytomer range the more enticing it is to try the products!! Very Happy Hanasummer, thanks for opening up my eyes even more to the Phytomer Face Dew- Mabsy and Fio love it too so I should give it a go and experience it for myself. I needed a mask too and read up on the Phytomer Revitalising Mask that you use and I think I will get it- I love the sound of the "works from within"...
Thoughtcrime, The Extended Youth night cream is rich but it's definitely not heavy or filmy on the skin (no horror stories of a Vaselined face! Mad When you apply this moisturiser it absorbs right in, it doesn't just sit on the surface-- that's the beauty of this cream, but YES definitely trial out a sample of it first before you buy it. (You're lucky to have Sephora- I was struck with awe at the size and range of products in the Champs Elysees store in Paris-- it was like walking into a kilometre long nightclub of beauty and perfume products for men and women..!!!) SurprisedVery Happy
My skin is normal/ combo but I would say it would verge on the dry side than oily. I can tell when my skin is dehydrated when my pores are enlarged crying out for moisture, but they are invisible now.

Gosh, your skin flares up when you're in contact with your parents' dog, poor thing! Sad I used to get hives around my eyes and an itchy rash as well the second I was around a particular dog that belonged to a friend. I think my skin must have been more sensitive when I was younger compared to now, it's a lot more resilient/ tolerant. I used to get glyco peels on a bi-monthly basis to achieve the "new skin" complexion but this process totally thinned it out and made it more sensitive. The result- aggrevated skin that rewarded me with flakiness and occasionally angry, red pimples. I won't have to do that again now since I've found the Phytomer products. I've noticed that it stays consistently in good condition even when I have my monthlys or over-indulge in junk food.:P That is RARE for me. I really think the marine concentration in these products are very active in absorbing the "toxins" that your skin elliminates.
Thanx for pointing me to where I can get the Hydra Continue Protective Moisturising Milk with 15 SPF, good for summer as I usually switch to a lighter moisturiser, the cream will be too rich. As for you in the colder climes, cranking up the heater, you'll need a good, nourishing one. I still would really recommend the Extended Youth Night Cream for you SmileSmile

Hanasummer, what do you think of the Contour Lift Eye cream? Isn't it the best on eyes and lips at night?!?! I really love this little gem!
Girls, I'm know I talk a lot about the Phytomer range but words are just not enough-- you just have to try it and see it for yourself because the results will speak for themselves, it will stun you Wink Love-it !!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Summertimegirl Wink !
I just love your enthusiasm for Phytomer! I think that it's awesome that you found a product range that is perfect for your skin. As for me being a vegan, I have to read the ingredients on EVERYTHING, so there is not usually one line of skincare that I have tried where I like EVERYTHING in the product range because I can't always use everything. I think it's also just an excuse for me to try TONS of different products :P

You've pretty much sold me on the Extended youth night cream. I laughed out loud at your reassurance that it won't give me a Vasalined face! You must have read my mind. I'm kind of excited because I've never used a separate night cream before. But before I commit, I HAVE to get a sample because my skin is extra finicky. I read the ingredients and I think it is fine for me to use --looks like there is a lot of good ingredients in there Surprised

I didn't get a sample of the gentle cream cleanser because the third ingredient listed is sodium lauryl sulfate which is not from animal or anything, but a potential irritant found in everything from shampoo to car cleaners (It is THAT effective for removing grease!). I know you've had such great results with it, that I was ALMOST tempted to overlook it. But I can't even use toothpaste with sodium lauryl sulfate because it irritates my mouth and I get cankersores Surprised

Anyhoo I know I'm super picky about ingredients. Especially difficult to find a good vegan friendly automatic eye pencil (Mabsy, Clinique one wasn't vegan unfortunately Mad ) or a vegan eye shadow in the dpt. stores (sigh...) But I do think this small sacrifice I make is worth it to me :P

A query-- Which Phytomer product CAN'T YOU LIVE WITHOUT? :P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Hey Thoughtcrime ! Wink
I can understand how you have to check all the ingredients in a product-- it's good that you are super-picky and I admire you for it! I guess you've developed a feel for what is best for you and what is BAD! You would be so clued up on all those chemical names-- I had no idea what sodium lauryl sulfate was until now !! Surprised It's a shame that you had to rule out the Phytomer Gentle Cleansing Cream because I would have loved for you to try it, but better to be safe than sorry!! Is it fairly often that you've wanted to try a product but can't? I hope you haven't had to learn the hard way when something reacts badly to know that you're sensitive to it!! SadSurprised I know there are a lot of fantastic products out there and I hope you've been able to find some really good ones that you're happy with. I'm really open to trying new products as well and over the years, thankfully gravitated towards salon products as they were more effective than department store brands-- heavily perfumed and little to no results. I'm really onto a good thing with Phytomer-- I've had a good chance to test them, and when you see results that go beyond your expectations you know you've found "THE ONE" haha (can't help referring to my love affair with Phytomer again!!) Very HappyVery Happy

I still love my "staples" like the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant which I find excellent used every few days-- and I'm eyeing the Valmont Renewing Pack which I'll use as a weekly treatment.... but it's the 5 Phytomer products used everyday that I can't live without! If there was one favourite I had to name, it would be the Phytomer Extended Youth Night Cream followed smidgenly close by the Phytomer Hydration Reinforcement. I just love using them so much-- you know when you cup your hands over your nose to a point before sweeping them over your cheeks --they smell THAT good that you just have to inhale deeply. Let me know what you think when you are able to sample it !! I'm excited for you too !! Very Happy
I love hearing other people's thoughts on products from the Phytomer range, I hope more come out of the woodwork!!! Smile
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm getting ready to place a Phyomer order but wanted to ask something about the Extended Youth Night Cream. Does it have any sort of AHAs in it? Or any kind of acid type of ingredients? I really only want a night cream that will sooth and hydrate, and not anything with any kind of "smoothing" ingredients. I'm Using Vit -C 15 and Renew Overnight a couple of nights a week, and so on the off nights I really just want to get nourished and hydrated. Also, is it okay to use the Extended Youth Night without any kind of serum or treatment underneath? Or is it better to do so?

( a little ps: I must say, I recently used up a sample of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum that was floating around and I was much more impressed than I thought I would be! Very calming and nourishing. )
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zazu!

I have to say that this is an EXCELLENT night cream. I'm really happy with the results even after 6 months (and 2 jars) down the track. The Phytomer Extended Youth Night Cream doesn't have any AHAs or skin-smoothing acid type of ingredients in it, however it is concentrated in active marine agents and marine spring water (the Good stuff Wink!). I was on a glycolic system for 6 years and by comparison, like the radiance these products gave my skin a LOT more-- minus the stinging and drying effects of the acids.

You can definitely use the Extended Youth Night Cream without serums underneath, and I think it would be a perfect soothing treat for the off-nights you're not using the Skinceuticals Renew Overnight cream. One thing though, I do recommend warming the cream in your hands to make it more fluid as it glides on better (with or without your usual toner). Being quite dense in texture it's a really nourishing and hydrating night cap for your skin. I found this cream really lifts dull, tired skin-- you notice a difference in the mornings when you wake up. Very Happy

I copied the list of ingredients in the cream for you to check out:

Demineralized Water, Sea Water, Jojoba Esters, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Arachidyl Alcohol and Behenyl Alcohol and Arachidylglucoside, Tribehenin, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, PEG-100 Stearate and Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Water and Laminaria Digitata Extract, Water and Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Water and Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Methylparaben and Hexamidine Diisethionate and Dipotassium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Gardenia Florida Extract.

Summertimegirl xVery Happy

PS. I hope you can let me how this works out as I'm going to be taking up the Skinceuticals Vit-C challenge in winter as well. Very Happy
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl! Thank you so much for your sweet and swift response! Smile
This cream sounds a lot like La Mer, which I have used and liked a lot. It, too, uses marine ingredients, and its effect on my skin is also apparent first thing in the am. Based on your wonderful advice, I think I will go ahead and get the Extended Youth PM cream. I'll be happy to give a report about the well-advised routine I am crafting here! Very Happy Thanks again!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Zazu,

I wish I could compare this cream to La Mer's but I haven't used La Mer for long enough to comment on its results long term (from memory, they are similar in texture, La Mer's may JUST slightly be lighter in consistency). I read up on the La Mer history and the spectacular results some people have gotten from it, also there have been some reviews on this forum as well.... the feedback from friends who've used La Mer have also been mixed-- that you really only see a difference if your skin is in real need of a boost. Others swear by it as the miracle wrinkle eraser-- I have a friend who uses the cream as an eye cream and her crows feet have really softened in severity. It was very noticeable... I think it comes down to cost in the end and what you're willing to pay to get results..... meeh, I'm definitely happy with the Phytomer for now but would love to get a comparison too! Very HappyWink

Mabsy

Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
Hi Mabsy-- the Phytomer Hydration Reinforcement IS great Very HappyVery Happy, it really has won me over! It's described as a treatment cream and is for Dry to Very Dry skin but I found it was just right for my normal/ combination skin. Usually dry-skin formulas in a moisturiser can leave an oily look on your skin but I didn't find it with this one. Trust me your skin will lap this up and love it too Very Happy and yes the "Hydration Renforcee" is the French name for the Phytomer Hydration Reinforcement moisturiser. I found out it can be used in combination with a Phytomer Oligoforce serum (there are quite a few different serums) and I'm thinking of getting one to use in winter (thinking a bit ahead of time here as we only just got to summer here in Australia, I know I know :P:P:P) but I'm thinking my skin could do with a bit of extra care especially in the winter months when you can "boost" the moisturising power of your moisturiser! Have you ever incorporated serums into your moisturising regime ? Apparently it's suppose to strenghthen the affectiveness of the product.

I think I will purchase the Face Dew on your recommendation! rosewater smells so fresh, I would love it! Thanks Very HappyVery Happy

Hey Summertimegirl.

Sorry, I don't know how I missed this reply from you! Mad I should have asked for a sample of this in my last order, oh well, there is always next time. Sounds very promising though!

To answer your question, yes I do use serums. I actually have a few that I like. At the moment it's the Viver vitamin C, but I also have Yonka Serum (that's the name of it, they must have been lacking in the creativity department the day they named this! :P), the Clinique Repairwear Serum, and the Biotherm Age Fitness Serum. I'm a sucker for serums really Smile If anybody has any serum recommendations, bring it on! Very Happy

Mabsy.

ps. I'm sure you'll love the Face Dew Summertimegirl! As long as you like a faint rosy smell. Yum!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I don't know anything about serums. What exactly are they used for? I'm guessing it's an extra boost of treatment?
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,
Hello Summertimegirl,

I must be blind not to see this one. How could I miss it, a great source of information about Phytomer. How could it be that I was so ignorant? Am I?SadSad:(Blame it on my habit of checking "Todays Posts" first everytime I get on this forum.

On the other thread Summertimegirl also mentioned that Phytomer Body Care does have some good cream for Bust Toning that works like "natural bras". Has anyone tried this cream yet?
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtrime,

From what I know serums are used to enhance the work of the moisturizer, giving it a potent 'boost'. I'm really wanting to try the Phytomer Oligoforce Moisturizing Serum and see how it works under my moisturiser... maybe a few times a week, and as a night time treatment. It's half-aqueous and half-oil and is meant to penetrate easily. You ladies on the forum discussing Decleor oils have whet my appetite for something rich to indulge in as well!

Mabsy, I really want you to try more Phytomer!! Unless I find something EXTRAORDINARY I'm never going to be able to shut up...!! :P

Babyfish-- LOL I can understand why you would've missed it!! it was a humungus post and you probably had no time to read it haha!... Very Happy:P but I'm Trying! trying!... to get it down to size, I get so excited and babble on about the products....but you have to admit, I was in LOOVE and STILL AM! with Phytomer Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

I got the 'natural brassiere' bit off the Phytomer website where they say that the firming action of the Seatonic Toning Bust Gel works like a natural bra....:P I'm really happy that it's available on EDS as I want to try it too-- make it part of my excercising or massaging rather repertoire!Very Happy.... you're the one who's convinced me again that it's never to early (or to late) to start taking care of 'precious' things.Wink

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |