Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

top EDS tips (mini carekate rave)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
What are the three things that you have learnt about or bought due to the EDS forums that you could not live without/would recommend to someone else yada yada.

Mine are:

i) OCM
ii) Carekates ACV Toner
iii) Carekates sooper dooper ooo la la mask

Since Carekate sent me her crammed package, my skin has never looked better and those two products are amazing. Coupled with OCM and home-made Vit C - I don't HAVE to spend tons of money on looking good. I might still choose to because I like buying new skincare but at least I know the products that gave me the most results are cheap homemade ones - and hence why they make the top of my list for overall price/effectiveness.

What's on your list?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Definately vitamin-C and Dr H CC or Jurlique Face Wash. I don't think I can live without them anymore. Smile

Edited to add in Decleor's Neroli Oil Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm this is a tough one because there are so many things Laughing

*Homemade Dr H Cleansing Cream
*Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating Face Mask
*Decleor Neroli Aromessence

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Microfoliant and Decleor Essential Balm
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
*OCM
*Dr. H Cleansing Cream
*Witchhazel as toner

I have been trying different blends of oil to perfect the OCM and I have finally found it. My mom and sister tried it this weekend and they are loving it as well.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
My "can't do without" products are:

1) Lipfusion
2) HA with Collagen
3) JB Skin Prep/Alphaderm CE/Vit. C

Anya
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
EVERY item on my list I found thru here and each one has made my skin look better than it has in years:

1) Dr. H cleansing creme
2) carekate's ACV toner (over DR H clarifying)
3) IS Clinical proheal
4) IS Clinical hydracool
5) Decleour Essential Balm (newest fave)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Well ... mine are almost the same as yusufosman's ...

1. OCM
2. Carekate's ACV toner
3. Carekate's Vitamin C serum

Olivia

So? What's your "ideal" OCM mix? Come on ... share!

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried a few but right now I am using (equal parts) CO,EVOO,Sweet Almond Oil and Grapeseed oil...then I add a little lavender oil to the mix so it dosent smell like salad dressing on your face. It has worked wonders....I love to wear eye make up and it takes it off so well....not oily film like the commercial eye makeup removers! I'm loving it! I bought Shu Uemura cleansing oil and I like mine better! LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

Do you have a mix?
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Olivia,

Well ... for quite a long time now I've used grapeseed oil and castor oil in just about equal parts ... however, I'm thinking about adding some EVOO along with the grapeseed oil.

I originally substituted grapeseed for the evoo ... because the evoo seemed "heavy" to me at the time ... which was the height of summer ... but now that it's sort-of winter here ... and we have the heat on in the house ... I think I just might need something more than the grapeseed oil.

I thought I'd go with a 30% grapeseed, 20% evoo and 50% castor oil ... see how that goes.

I also add sweet orange essential oil to mine ... because I LOVE the smell of sweet orange ... Laughing

Glad that you're enjoying OCM ... I find it very luxurious ... and tremendously relaxing as well. It means that I have to take those few minutes out of each morning and evening ... just to work on me.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure I will cut back on the EVOO in the summer because I tend to get oily but for now it is working just fine. I am in Michigan and we are already getting snow so the heat has been on for a couple of months...it is murder on my skin.

I agree about the few minutes to pamper yourself. I steam my face with a hot towel for a few minutes and I have even put lavender oil on my dryer sheets to sent my laundry so the towels smell nice when I steam.

I just bought sweet orange oil this weekend...I'm going to try it in my next batch!
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Top three out of several:
* Vitamin C serum
* Dr. Hauschka Rose Cream
* AlphaDerma CE

Vit C: will never be without. Currently using Vivier 20....love it. Based on reveiws, I may try the Cellular Skin rx next. I used Skinceuticals CE F for a few months, which is excellent, but a little drying for my skin.
Dr. H Rose Cream: I've never had a HG product until I tried this....it's divine on my dry skin. This product caused my skin to be moist and hydrated throughout the entire day....which I've never experienced with any other product. (And I've tried many) And I'm finding that I need to use less and less of this each week. Is seems that the rose cream is truly maintaining moisture in my skin....not just the surface.
ADCE: This has improved my skin's texture, tone, elasticity and diminished some fine lines. And I love the 4 oz. pump bottle, which lasts me three months.

Other winners that follow my top three include Valmont Renewing Pack, Dr. H Firming Mask, Dr. H CC. And based on the reviews here, I still have a long list of products that I'm interested in. (I need to stay away from the IS Clinical topics for a couple of months to avoid temptation!) As with the others above, I adore this forum....my skin thanks you!
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
i really want to work some is clinical products in to my routine but i don't know which ones to try! i do love decleor after using a few of their products i want to buy more in full size. i realise that at 22 i don't need anti-ageing skincare as that would be a waste of money, so i just want stuff that makes me feel good!

i love carekates sooper dooper mask because it gets rid of red marks that i could never get rid of whatever i used. this is encouraging me to make my own stuff rather than buy products as ones i make can be great. i can't thank carekate for that! i would never had thought to make my own stuff otherwise.

OCM - well what can i say. it is great. and it feels even better because you know that those 5-10mins in the day when you can calm down and make sure you don't get disturbed etc. makes all the difference!

i want to try some of the rosa y fruta stuff like the ambrosia (rose) cream. sounds very luxurious! and winter no likey my skin. i need to try that penzim too for my excema!

dratted weather. can someone recommend a good body cream? needs to be very protective! and a good hand cream while you're at it.

(i'm sitting here with the sooper dooper mask on drinking horlicks if only you could see me, well maybe not)
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Well I haven't purchased too many items, but I have sampled quite a few!! I absolutely love Cellcosmet Eye Cream. Would never have found out about it except from this forum Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy

I look forward to trying the Alpha Derma in the very near future (Xmas list). This forum and the suggestions have been great!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Don't we just love topics like this! Very Happy

What I've learnt from here is never to go without these:

(not in any particular order)
Vitamin C serum (homemade)
OCM - especially if your skin is congested
aspirin mask

I also used to use Dermalogica almost exclusively, but this forum has encouraged me to be more adventurous and try out other things, so now I'm beginning to love Decleor - the whole line is so divine!

I've also learnt that there still is hope for thin brows! And thanks to all here I've been able to grow my brows and lashes! Dancing

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am with all of you

OCM
Carekates acv
and her c serum
Decleor ylang ylang balm
Since making all of this at home my skin has never felt of looked better. EVERYONE has been complimenting me on my skin. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH CAREKATE!!!!! Very Happy She even turned me on to the ylang ylang balm when she sent me a large jar of it, because I guess she now uses the oil instead. What a gal! I also want to try the IS Clinical line. Does anyone know where I can get samples of this?

Oh, and what is the sooper dooper mask?
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
it's carekate's mask for which the recipe is on the DIY thread. It is called some really long name so i just call it the sooper dooper mask. but it is a variation on the asprin mask and it's great! I think it is on page 11/12
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I got my IS clinical samples by calling the skin care institute and talking with a lovely lady who asked lots of skin-related questions. She then sent me samples of what she recommended for my skin type. I tried them and ordered the full size from them before I gone a week. Then I ordered a set of proheal and hydra cool from her a week later for my son in college and his skin looks better too. With both orders she sent more & more IS samples to try so I have gone thru the whole line but still will stick to the proheal ,hydracool and eye complex just because of my skin type. I just love this line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently trying out some other stuff that was recommended here, but these have become definite favourites now:

Lucia, Ardells and 1000 Hour Lash Tint

Janson Beckett's Skin Prep, ADCE, Vit C Serum and Derma 7

Microdermx

Jane Iredale's Amazing Loose Base and Circle Delete Concealer

Penzim might well become another favourite, but it's still early days yet, as I'm in the "Apply 5 at least 5 times a day" stage at the moment. I'll be interested to see what the effects will be when I start decreasing that, from tomorrow, to 3 times a day and then finally twice daily.

I'm also very interested in trying some of the homemade recipes when I get time (sadly, not the aspirin ones as it exacerbates my asthma). Already bought some Epsom Salts, milk and ACV for my bath because that's an easy one!
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:05 am      Reply with quote
These are the product that I've discovered through EDS that I just love (In no particular order)
1. Aspirin Mask with Aloe or Honey
2. Vitamin C Serum
3. ACDE and Skin Prep

Thanks for all of the advice. What a great board!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Blimey, so many great things but off the top of my head

Janson Beckett ADCE. vitC D7
DDF Sulfur Mask
Lipfusion

New stuff I've found Eminence

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
The OCM -- I was doing it all wrong! I slapped the stuff on my face, rubbed it in for a few seconds, and followed by splashing some lukewarm water to rinse it. Now I know better: spend more time massaging, use a washcloth and very warm water, and don't rush!

If i had more $$ I'm sure there would be many more things; EDS forum is very enabling!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |