Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

xmas pressie for mum - any suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
natski

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Having had very little skin-care regimes over the years (aside from religiously cleansing and keeping out of the sun), I suddenly discovered this forum, numerous absolutely amazing products and suddenly discovered how a good face-care regime can really brighten, tighten, relax and rejuvenate the skin!

So after going on about my discoveries to mum she has expressed much interest, so I'd like to get my mum a special product for xmas she wouldn't normally buy.

She is 63, has always looked much younger than her years and has religiously used Lancome products over the years.

I was thinking of maybe getting her the valmont renewing pack or a cream by cellcosmet (I am a convert of all these products)

I was also thinking the AlphaDerma line of special anti-wrinkle treatments - but although many have claimed amazing results I'm wondering if this is really worth buying for someone her age.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a special treat you would recommend for someone this age?

Thanks in advance + merry xmas to everyone!
Natacha
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Natski,

I am a firm believer in not purchasing personal care products for someone else ... unless I know that their preferences. Something that appeals to me is probably not going to appeal to someone else.

For that reason, I would give your mother a gift certificate for, say, EDS and let your mother select the product that she would most like to try.

If that doesn't sit well with you, perhaps you could give your mother a choice of product types/lines and let her choose which one she'd like to receive.

You just never know when giving some product might insult the recipient. Laughing It's one thing if your mother decides she wants to try a product that softens wrinkles ... but it's quite another if you select a product for her that softens wrinkles. Laughing

If she selects such a product, she's being pro-active ... if you select it, you're telling her she's old. Laughing

Just my two cents.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Mary 100%. Unless your mother expressed an interest in trying another product line I would not buy her skin care for Christmas.

If your mother likes pampering a gift certificate to a salon for a facial or massage is always a wonderful treat. Smile
natski

Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
The problem with my mum is if I buy her a facial/massage treatment, she'd never go! (this has happened in the past) - she claims she never has the time.
(even though supposedly retired she still busies herself as a full-time writer)

She's fine with regards to anti-wrinkle treatments and she doesn't take offence - she told me to make sure to tell her which ones were good/worked for me. We speak about this sort of stuff all the time.

You're right about getting her to choose from a selection... Now the only problem is getting her to choose without giving the secret away...
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:33 am      Reply with quote
How very sweet of you to want to create a "customized" package for your Mum. It sounds like our moms are somewhat similar....mine is 65, young at heart, uses Lancome, along with a Mary Kay Time-Wise cream cleanser. She's not concerned or really interested in the extra anti-aging serums/routines....she just uses the basics. She absolutely loves it when I purchase something unique or special for her....an eye cream, a special moisturizer, cleanser, even foundation. And sometimes I'll visit her and we'll have a "girls night in" to watch a rented chick flick, do our nails, and I'll bring a special mask over for us to do together. But that's my mom....and I think it's the only way she would ever pamper herself, is with my assistance. And when I do purchase something specific for her skin-type, it's always a basic but reliable, product....nothing even close to Valmont Renewing Pack...which I completely adore, but she would never get the joy of using it be herself. If she would be the type of person to enjoy the daily ritual that we all love, I would go for the AlphaDerma CE, or maybe a Dr. Hauschka mask, depending on her skin type.

I think it's a lovely gesture, and you know your Mum, and your budget, best.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:53 am      Reply with quote
natski wrote:
Quote:
The problem with my mum is if I buy her a facial/massage treatment, she'd never go! (this has happened in the past) - she claims she never has the time.

Just wanted to share that you're not alone on this one! My Mom wouldn't take advantage of spa gift certificates. I can see her reluctance to book an appt for a facial, or a massage....but she wouldn't even use it to purchase products for herself. My solution.....I purchased a spa package for two. We spent half a day together getting pampered, and had so much fun. Lots of laughs, relaxation, and she had an opportunity to experience a real facial that she chose for her skin type. She was thrilled with this gift...and we still enjoy the memory of that time we spent together. I think she's the only one within her group of "girlfriends" to be extravagantly pampered at a spa!
natski

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:30 am      Reply with quote
> But that's my mom....and I think it's the only way she would ever pamper herself, is with my assistance.

Well I must say our mums are COMPLETELY alike - - your description describes my mother to a T... she never pampers herself without my initiation, she has used the same base products for years (and yet still looks 20 yrs younger - makes me wonder whether we should all really bother with skin care regimes.. Wink
...and no anti-wrinkle treatment in sight.

Thank you for making some great suggestions & comments!

I'm starting to think maybe a spa package for 2 might be the perfect trick...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |