Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone use Kelp Bioferment from SkinActives?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Is is it any good as they claim?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have been thinking of getting some of this to try, so I too am looking forward to the answers!! I love kelp products!
karmicarchitect
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use it. What questions do you have about it?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
where to begin... Laughing

- what is the texture?
- is it easily absorbed?
- what is the smell?
- how do you personally use it? alone? mixed with something?
- how long have you been using it?
- have you seen any improvements in your skin? (and what)

sorry to end up like an interrogation Embarassed
karmicarchitect
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
where to begin... Laughing

- what is the texture?
a runny gel

- is it easily absorbed?
not as well as a serum, but better than most gels. I think a lot depends on what you mix in (the "actives")

- what is the smell?
it reeks, but they send scents that you can mix in to cover the odor. The scents do a good job of masking the odor, but they (unfortunately) don't tell you what the scents are made of -- i.e., natural or synthetic, etc. Regardless, my sensitive skin didn't react to the scents.

- how do you personally use it? alone? mixed with something?
I mix in a lot of actives: green tea extract ECGC, caffeine, EGF, DMAE, Matrixyl, L-ascorbic acid,niacinamide. I tried to mix in superoxide dismutase, but I ended up with unusable glop.

- how long have you been using it?
about 2 months

- have you seen any improvements in your skin? (and what)

yes, but I can't tell you what role the kelp ferment had (if any) since I mix so much stuff into it. I can tell you that I prefer the ferment to Seamollient (another algae sold by DIY companies) -- the Seamollient forms a heavier film and makes my makeup application impossible.

sorry to end up like an interrogation :oops

No problem. Sorry I couldn't answer all of your questions. To analyze it correctly I should have tried it by itself and then added 1 ingredient, rechecked, another ingredient, recheck...ad nauseum. I'm too impatient and just toss a bunch of stuff in and hope for the best!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
why not use the back of one hand as the tester? Laughing
karmicarchitect
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have enough hands Laughing
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I made the same mistake and added all of my new actives to the Skinactive's canvase base cream + sea kelp bioferment. (4/1 ratio of those). I added about 6 powdered things, ALA, niacinamide, green tea ECGC, boswellia, some other things...

I put it on last night for the first time. Today....I have a RASH!! It's been getting worse as the day wears on and I can't wait to get home, wash my face and slather hydrocortisone cream all over it!!

Bleagghhh Sad
cajunq

Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using sea kelp bioferment and many of the other products offered by skin actives scientific for two months.Ihave been extreemly pleased with both the products and the results.Sorry you have a rash...here is the base mixture I make, then I take small half oz amounts in 1 oz jars and add other actives for the areas I want to treat.
I use canvas base (6OZ) and add 1 tube EGF, teaspoon Natural Active Peptides, 1 teaspoon coconut endosperm,disolved in 6 tablespoons
sea kelp 6 drops of the antioxidant complex with pomegranate oil,(to a consistancy you like) 1/2 tube of the new dermagem a 1/2 capfull green tea and 1/2 capfull niacinamide.[/quote]

5% products discount

Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Sea kelp by skin actives is a waste of money. Their products are OK but very overpriced. Y'all would be better going to the personal formulator or the drug store for your actives. And Cajunq you are paid to advertise for skin actives, so your view does not count. Happy emailing!
cajunq

Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
godiwantapony

I don't know where you get your faulty information but I have never been paid for an opinion from skin actives or any other company of that type, you are a sadly misinformed individual. You can think what you like of SKIN ACTIVES but I like them and use several of their products and will continue. As for costs, they are cost effective for me and the proof in the results I recieve.

Sandy

ps. make a note of my post on this site; it was just a few weeks after I first ordered from skin actives for the first time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I use it as a base for a diy eye potion I made and I love it.

Actually, I find the people who run that site to be a really great bunch. Attentive, knowledgeable, etc.

godiwantapony - don't be offended, but from the tenor of your remarks, I just have to ask: In exactly what way do you want a pony? Cool
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use the seakelp bioferment. I put it in the glycerine based body wash I use in the shower. It makes the body wash more moisturizing which my skin seems to appreciate (less mid-afternoon itches...)
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've made two great creams from skinactives!! I've never used the seakelp, but their other products are great.

And a gentle reminder: I am not sure what forum some of these new people are from, but here we like kindness and information, not insults and rudeness. Your welcome to have a different opinion but your not welcome to be rude and make off the wall accusations.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
I made the same mistake and added all of my new actives to the Skinactive's canvase base cream + sea kelp bioferment. (4/1 ratio of those). I added about 6 powdered things, ALA, niacinamide, green tea ECGC, boswellia, some other things...

I put it on last night for the first time. Today....I have a RASH!! It's been getting worse as the day wears on and I can't wait to get home, wash my face and slather hydrocortisone cream all over it!!

Bleagghhh Sad

It might be the ALA, when I first starting using that, my face reacted, and I have the skin of a rinos hinny!!! So I cut back and re-introduced it slowly. Haven't had the reaction since.
minivanmom
5% products discount

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Been using it for about a month and it is really the only moisturizer that has not broken me out totally. I mix it with HA serum every night and I wake up with very nice, soft skin and my house is extremely dry!

Donna
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Well said MelissaMaria!! You're far more diplomatic than I am Wink .
cajunq

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for posting. I enjoyed all the ways you use the SAS sea kelp. I’m always finding new ways to use it, face cleaner hair setting gel. I apologize if remarks I made 10 months ago caused any of the regulars any distress. To be the subject of unwarranted bashing is not pleasant for anyone..

Sandy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
also wanted to add, I do use their actives, but there already made stuff or at least the dmae serum isn't very good, sits on skin, u can rub it off!!!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have difficulty using any facial serum with sea kelp type stuff in it. There's a lot of them out there. I find that the product will ball up when I try to layer the next product on top of it. Doesn't seem to matter how much time I let sit first, either.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
I have difficulty using any facial serum with sea kelp type stuff in it. There's a lot of them out there. I find that the product will ball up when I try to layer the next product on top of it. Doesn't seem to matter how much time I let sit first, either.

ditto....makup after is impossible with their serums...
godiwantapony
5% products discount

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I use it as a base for a diy eye potion I made and I love it.

Actually, I find the people who run that site to be a really great bunch. Attentive, knowledgeable, etc.

godiwantapony - don't be offended, but from the tenor of your remarks, I just have to ask: In exactly what way do you want a pony? Cool

Oh meow--that was indeed a high class reply!

Skin Actives sea kelp can be manufactured by adding some fucus vesiculosus extract approximately 1% to a base of agar gum along with preservative. They actually use Fucus vesiculosus alginate,a cheaper and more cost affective formula.

It's nice to see the old gang from SAS over here, giving out advice to people which will just ultimately cost them a fortune for nothing.
SAS actives can't be totally responsible for this fountain of youth some of you have witnessed. Have we forgotten our cosmetic surgeons? Dang!

Get those claws in, they make you sound like a redneck. Bad Grin
godiwantapony
5% products discount

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
also wanted to add, I do use their actives, but there already made stuff or at least the dmae serum isn't very good, sits on skin, u can rub it off!!!

Try diluting it a little water and add a little Poly-20, lecithin or liquid crystals which act as an emulsifier. The saccharides in both the kelp and HA cause the rolling once in contact with the dermis as the dermis is lipid/hydro. SAS ready made hyrdo based serums have this tendency because there is no lipids to allow the skin to completely penetrate the serum. In the end the serum dries due to the saccharide film which cannot be readily absorbed. If you dilute with water and add an emulsifier you will not have the problem of product balling on the skin surface.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
well too much trouble for me to spend my money on a ready made product from sas, only to have to add water and dilute..thanks for the info, but in future, ur imput is welcome but you can leave ur rude comments at the door.
godiwantapony
5% products discount

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
well too much trouble for me to spend my money on a ready made product from sas, only to have to add water and dilute..thanks for the info, but in future, ur imput is welcome but you can leave ur rude comments at the door.

Excuse me love but rude comments?? I think you better look at Katee's response when she references beastiality? Rude, perverted and illegal? So if you claim my comments are rude then you really have some major ethical issues.
It looks like this forum is quite perverted.

Who are you to judge whether my comments are rude and should be left at the door? I believe that consumers have the right to know what they are spending their dollars on, and that some forum members are affiliated with certain companies.
Essential day spa stock some of the finest skin care you can buy. Why risk your dollars paying for products which more times than not have to be thrown in the trash?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |