Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
hmmm....La Mer!..is this it? for everything?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lela
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I picked up a sample of the lotion a while back Very Happy - it lasted me a few days...and I have to say that my skin transformed in those few days. It was less oily and it had a very nice glow...I considered getting a product or two from La Mer - but it is so expensive - and I had just recently ordered the products to complete my IS Clinical regime. I am thinking that I may save for the La Mer whitening complex (I have hyper pigmentation) and the oil absorbling lotion and the classic cream...I may be buying into the hype..but! I was so impressed with my sample - and I have never been that impressed with the results of IS Clinical(after 2 months)....can anybody offer opions here...???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I bought the famous miracle cream and it doesn't seem to have made any difference to my skin. I'm also a bit dubious as it's absolutely pumped full of chemicals. My personal opinion, save your money.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lela,

I don't know anything about LaMer products ... but did you take a look at the ingredients of the product you used to see what it was that made it so remarkable?

Sometimes it's just one or two of the ingredients that make the difference ... and sometimes you can see from the ingredients that either a high price is warranted or it isn't.

If you were to check out the price of the individual ingredients on, say, thepersonalformulator.com, you can get a good idea of how much you're really paying for the product ... and how much you're paying for the advertising/marketing, head office, CEO salaries etc.

If, however, the product works wonders for you ... and there's nothing similar on the market for less ... and you don't mind paying for the company's overhead costs ... I say "Go for it!" It's hard enough finding products that actually do what they claim to do.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Here are some other La Mer threads... Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8098&highlight=mer.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8720&highlight=mer

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I bought into the LaMer hype some years ago... I tried the creme, but that was just too heavy. I switched to the Oil Absorbing Lotion and also purchased the LaMer Eye Cream and the LaMer Facial.

It's alot like my experience with Cellcosmet - feels absolutely luxurious and does very close to absolutely nothing, despite the fact that I really slathered it all over myself cause it felt so good.

I'm an avid IS Clinical user, so I clearly don't mind paying for a decent product - BUT, it's gotta work! This stuff didn't, at least, not for me. Different strokes, I guess....
Lela
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the thoughts/advice! I think I may order some samples on e-bay one of these days...I do have a hard time believing this whole "miracle cream" thing...but I really liked it when I tried it...hmmmm...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
La mer is a good creme however for the price i would expect it to totally transform my skin and it didnt.
I got the miracle moisturizer creme and at first when i tried it on it made my face look very nice with a beautiful glow. But after a while of using it, i would say its the same like any other good moisturizer. The texture feels the same as Dr. H Rose day creme, the only difference would be the price.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Lela: I really love several of the La Mer products, but you are right they are darned expensive. I use a few on a regular to semi regular basis. I haven't yet bought any of it from ebay, but I have looked and am seriously thinking of ordering something small to try it out. A good idea if you are buying from a department store like Saks for instance is to buy only when they are having an event. The gifts you get can be pretty darned great especially when you consider the price of the stuff. And if you also happen to meet and get the card of a sales rep and let her know when the events are you would like a call. Mine mails me my order and gift at no charge so I don't even have to go in. A plus of that also is that if you want samples that aren't in the gift, having a relationship with the sales person, she will almost certainly put you in extra things that you want to try and it can be in very generous amounts.
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:48 am      Reply with quote
You know I never knew that LaMer products and Aveda were owned by the Estee Lauder company...I stumbled upon this info the other day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Lela wrote:
I picked up a sample of the lotion a while back Very Happy - it lasted me a few days...and I have to say that my skin transformed in those few days. It was less oily and it had a very nice glow...I considered getting a product or two from La Mer - but it is so expensive - and I had just recently ordered the products to complete my IS Clinical regime. I am thinking that I may save for the La Mer whitening complex (I have hyper pigmentation) and the oil absorbling lotion and the classic cream...I may be buying into the hype..but! I was so impressed with my sample - and I have never been that impressed with the results of IS Clinical(after 2 months)....can anybody offer opions here...???

The cream and the oil-absorbing lotion are not the same; the cream gives a glow, the lotion does not. Semi-interesting note: The inventor of the cream (Max Huber) did not create the lotion. The scientists at Lauder tried to copy his experiments, and they came up with the lotion. One scientist even admitted that they did not understand why the cream works (astro-scientist Huber made the concoction in his garage using limes, phases of the moon, music, and who knows what else, to heal his skin. Seriously.)
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder owns ALOT of beauty companies.

As for La mer, it looks like the secret ingredients are sea kelp, algae....and minerals of gold? hmm didnt know gold would do anything for your skin

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
Estee Lauder owns ALOT of beauty companies.

As for La mer, it looks like the secret ingredients are sea kelp, algae....and minerals of gold? hmm didnt know gold would do anything for your skin

don't forget the secret "lime thing" they talk about

Maybe gold only works on your skin if you play it music underneath the moonlight (smirk)? (see my post above)
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |