Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

did anyone use sheer cover before?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
key

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:01 am      Reply with quote
hi , i'm new here. i just saw the advertisment of sheer cover and bare minerals. i don't know which one is good now. i heard a lot about bare minerals, most of the people said it good but some don't like it.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I think someone did a review on sheer cover. I dont think they were impressed...try a search for the thread. I use bare minerals and I love it. It took a while for me to get used to and I acutally returned it the first time I bought the starter kit. Good luck! I recently found a site called aromaleigh.com and you can order samples really cheap so it may be worth ordering some samples to see if you like it. I know you cant sample sheer cover or BE. Good luck.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Key,

There are a lot of threads here at EDS about Mineral Makeup ... if you do a search you'll find several of 'em! Laughing

That said ... don't expect to have any of your confusion cleared up by reading them ... but you'll get a sense of what Mineral Makeups do what at the end of it.

There are many many many Mineral Makeup companies out there ... and many of 'em let you purchase sample sizes at very reasonable cost so that you can try them.

The sample sizes sound miniscule, but with mineral makeup, a very very little goes a long way. A 1/4 teaspoon of powder foundation will last a couple of weeks easy.

There is also a learning curve with minerals. These are like no other sort of makeup in terms of application ... and once you get the hang of it, you'll develop the technique that works for you and for the minerals you select.

Basically, mineral makeup falls into two major categories, those with bismuth ... and those without. Bismuth is an ingredient that bothers some people but not others. The end effect is a little different with those containing bismuth too in that it gives a "glow" to the face ... a "dewy" look. Those without bismuth tend to look more matte ... although most have a means by which you can achieve a more dewy look without bismuth as well.

Everyone has their preferences based upon their experiences with mineral makeup.

To my mind, it's the best thing to happen to makeup! If you have sensitive skin and/or are prone to oily skin and/or breakouts ... minerals are definitely the way to go. The minerals being inert don't permit the growth of bacteria ... which certainly cuts down on the breakouts. It covers well ... and by means of layering [even spot layering] you can achieve a flawless look that stays put for the entire day!

Depending upon the brushes you use and your technique, you can look like your makeup was airbrushed on ... and yet you don't feel like you're wearing makeup at all! It's truly amazing.

I do, however, caution you to read up here on EDS and to check out other bulletin boards on the subject. Research is important.

Good luck

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:43 am      Reply with quote
i tried Sheer Cover. it wasn't good at all. thick liquid makeup looks more natural than sheer cover and that doesn't say a lot.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |