Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Skin Rejuvenator Product Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, first post but I have been browsing the forums for a little bit and didnt really see anything that addressed my issue as im sure its slightly unique.

I am a 21 year old white male with a decent complexion. The problem is that I used to have perfect flawless skin, but recent years it has been slowly degrading. I smoke ocassionally and I spent a summer in hawaii 2 years ago with no sunscreen, as I love a dark dark tan. I now have some slight redness on my nose and I have noticed some slight smile lines around my mouth. The left side of my mouth smile line is more noticeable than the right as I put neosporin on that area for about a month to get rid of a cut i had and didnt want it to scar. I know that it thinned the skin but i didnt think it would so quickly. I have had fine lines on my forehead for a little while now and the texture on my face is getting a little rough. Yes, i am obsessed, only becuase I LOVE perfect skin, its the most important thing to me, my skin. I am trying to decide what i should do and what i should purchase, i have looked into microdermabrasion, which isnt really what im looking for in results, and I have looked at photofacial, but dont think i have enough sundamage and extreme imperfections that would be beneficial by that treatment. I have come to the conclusion that I want to try out a cream with ingredients including l-asorcbic acid, pentapeptide-3 and hexapeptide-3 (argireline) retinol and caviar. I have done a lot of research and fuond that these are the key ingredients to what I want. My gaol is to have more firm, fix fine lines, and overall better texture of the skin.(like i guess most people). I know im 21 and my skin is still pretty good, but i want better.

I have gone to many sites and found about 4 main products based on reviews, I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with these products or know of anything better. I thought some of these "review sites" were actually created by some of the products companies themselves, so I dont have a clear way of reasoning.

These are the main sites I have gone by for reviews
http://www.wrinkle-treatment-reviews.com/product-reviews.htm
http://www.consumer-review.net/skin-care.html?GCID=S13385x001&GTKW=best%20skin%20cream
http://www.wrinklereview.com/comparisons/index.html
http://www.skincarebuyersguide.com/?cat=17

there were some more but based on most of those the one that shows up the most is avotone, but then i see ingredients in some like replexion, then I get brought in by the ingredients in AlphaDerma CE and i found it on ebay for 70 bucks. I guess im asking what people think, any advice, im in this huge market for things i really know not a thing about. Possibly even a better product that someone might know about, just any kind of guidance would be great. I realize these products are marketed for the older crowd, so im curious to know if any of these would even have any effects on my skin. I look forward to the responses, sorry the post was so random and put together so poorly, i was in a rush to get to some appointments.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:31 am      Reply with quote
bump
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:11 am      Reply with quote
First of all you probably have more product knowledge than me so I won't even attempt to try and come up with a skincare routine.

The most important thing you need is a high sunscreen to start wearing as soon as possible if you live anywhere that is sunny. All that sun exposure is the answer for your skin problems, the occasional smoking won't have made much difference (you inhale more sat in traffic).
A vitamin C serum would also help to repair some of the damage.
Look at taking some internal supplements, one of the best ways of healing the skin is from the inside with a good vitamin complex, minerals and fish oils.

I am so envious - a summer in Hawaii!! I know you say that having perfect skin is the most important thing to you but I know I'd rather have the memories and experiences of good times Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:20 am      Reply with quote
hi Jeffer,
Aren't we all on the quest for *perfect* skin... As far as C serums go, my absolute favourite is the ProHeal from IS Clinical. 15% C, 1% E, and 1% Retinol plus some other good stuff. After months of this serum, I wanted to increase the retinoid, so now alternate nights between Retin A and 15% glycolic acid cream. I still use the ProHeal in the AM. Might be a bit much to start with, but I am *very* happy with my skin now.

As for the argireline. You might be best to get a product like Relax-a-line, and just put it on the lines. A full-face treatment for someone your age would be useless in my opinion. You probably wouldn't even notice dramatic results, as there aren't that many lines to relax. TBH, I tried using this for a while, but found that my time and money were better spent on actives that were actually correcting the things I disliked, as opposed to just masking them. I have never tried a product with caviar... HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I had similar skin concerns (but don't smoke) and have done 6 microdermabrasions and 3 photofacials. The IPL's also plump up and help firm while evening out tone and I plan on at least 2 more. They also reduce pores and fine wrinkles. I also did a tiny bit of restyline on a line by my mouth corner and a little on a nasolabial line with fab results. Everything well worth it. That started the ball rolling, now comes the maintenance. ACV toner, dr H CC, Proheal and hydracool has been the top ones for me as the others seem to break me out. My skin looks so much better, but it's been a long road. Skin damage is sooo hard to reverse and I wish I had known that back then.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
IS Clinical Proheal seems to be what you need. I deeply believe in Vit-C and Retinol. I am also a smoker and Vit-C and Retinol had been amazing to me. My overall complexation is just glowing. Ever since my skin got better, counter people started checking my ID again. Surprised

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
interesting, i went ahead and bought the AlphaDerma CE, considering it was so cheap and i figured it could only help. Thanks for the other reccomendations though, Im certainly going to look into them. Im still learning, and trying out what works best. And yea, the summer there was insane, i was going to school there and it was one of the best periods of my life.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Let us know how you get on with the AlphaDerma CE

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |