Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Cellcosmet Preventive Night Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dagny
5% products discount

Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well, thanks to some of you Cellcosmet lovers (you know who you are!! Smile ) I, too, have been lured into purchasing my first Cellcosmet product. The one I used was the Preventive Night Cream .

For starters, I have very sensitive combination skin that gets congested very easily!! I have spent countless dollars on moisturizers, only to find they block my pores after a day or two. Therefore, I have always been on the quest for a good anti-aging moisturizer.

This moisturizer, has a nice creamy texture --- not too greasy, yet sinks in nicely. The scent is fruity-floral -- pleasant yet could seem overpowering to some who are very scent-sensitive.

I found no irritation, no dryness, and NO blackheads when using this cream! I find this is a nice moisturizer and hope it wards off any future signs of aging! Wink
Mabsy

Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dangy,

Sounds nice and I'm sure I will be trying this out at some stage. At the moment I have to force myself to go through what I have (or at least most of it :P). I (and I'm sure other people would too) would love to again hear your thoughts on it once you finish the entire pot (I'm assuming that you've recently started using this?). Though it's really hard to judge creams on their preventative properties isn't it? I just kinda cross my fingers and hope that 10 years later my skin will look like I've used the right stuff Smile I must admit though that I find Cellcosmet's philosophy/ingredients quite promising.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dagny,

I have used three of the Cellcosmet moisturizers and I have to say (for those of you who have read this a zillion times I am sorry for bragging-again:D) Cellcosmet is a superior product. The price is on the high side and as a result people shy away from trying/using it. I am in my mid 40's, Irish so my skin tends to be dry especially in the winter and I have tried almost ever brand sold. After 3 months of using the day & night moisturizers, my skin changed in texture, it is more supple, the fine lines were reduced and I didn't have any new lines showing Surprised. After the first year, I have a completely new youthfulness that gains me more compliments “about your gorgeous skin”. I also use the eye cream which is just a powerful. I can say at this point I can take the faint lines that I do see. I will say, I switched to the ultra Vital (still in the cellcosmet line) and choose the pump bottle that contains less. Yikes:( Sad Sad
I went thru it in less than 5 weeks! The difference in the ultra vital and the night crème is explained with percentages, 17 % vs. 24. At this point I will refer you to our Magda or Casper’s mum. (My first purchase of day and night moisturizers lasted 10 months.) Needless to say, I have decided to stay with the ultra, at least thru our New England winters, but choose the bigger bottle that isn't a pump. If you like the cellcosmet line for moisturizers, try the Valmont line for intensive treatments.........that is a slice of heaven;) I have a new product to try, the valmont Collagen-Mucopolysaccharides Complex mask(s). I hope I am not disappointed.....I will let you know the results.

On a side note, for those of you who know me well and have wondered where I have been-ill. I picked up the virus that has hit our area hard. It landed in a heart muscle and caused me to experience shortness of breath, extreme fatigue to name a couple of symptoms. BUT I am feeling better and I'm back....Very Happy. In fact, I am expecting a package from EDS to cheer me up!

Babs
Wink
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Barbara

I have been busy too, so no time to post replies or reviews. However, like Mabsy (I think) said, reading this forum is almost like an * spam alert *. So, while I am replying to boring emails at work or getting reports done, I found some time to read the posts. I must say, I have wondered about you. I thought you were busy with some house renovations. I have always especially enjoyed reading your posts cos I think we share somewhat the same skin care regime and skin issues. *(Actually, I meant same AGE group)*.

Glad that things are well now.

I am sure the EDS package will bring you cheer. Well, if it isn't enough, think about the coming holidays...Yipee!!!Very Happy
dagny
5% products discount

Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Barbara!!

There you go again, making me want MORE products!!!!!! I think I am going to have to block your posts so I can't read them anymore because they only lead me to trouble, trouble, trouble!!!! Smile You are a bad influence on me as I am ALWAYS on the lookout for bigger and better products when it comes to skincare! :P

Mabsy:

I know what you mean about preventative skin care! I think I will thank myself in 10 years for the care and attention I have given my skin --- after looking at many other women my age, I have decided that I look much younger due to my healthy lifestyle and natural aversion to the sun! Smile

Dagny

Mabsy

Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Babs!!!!

It's SO great to have you back! I've wondered what happened to you but, like Jenny, I assumed that the house renovations have consumed you Smile

I'm glad to hear that you're all better. After being sick you deserve a special EDS treat. Hopefully that will be followed by some reviews Smile Not that I need to add anything to my wish list :P Enjoy your EDS parcel and let us know what you got Very Happy

Mabsy

*Edited to say that that you deserve a treat even if you weren't sick.... that sentence just didn't come out right Smile In my defence it IS late and I didn't get much sleep last night.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Barbara,
I read up most of your reviews before deciding to join the forum a little while ago, they were an informative and an enjoyable to read! Smile I have missed your input as well! I'm glad that you've recovered well from the virus and are as good as gold now!!Very Happy

I know that you are a cellcosmet devotee who has tried and tested this product with amazing results-- I have been thinking of getting the Cellcosmet Contour Eye Cream when my little pot of Phytomer Contour Lift runs out. I feel the need to lavish more attention to this area at the moment. I work night shift so they can get really tired and strained. I'm only minutely deterred as I have been looking for one with an SPF in it.

Summertimegirl xx
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Hey summertime girl,

Boy does it feel good to say hello to you! I can never come up with fun names and now that we are in the infancy of winter
"summertime" is what I want. The power of suggestion!Very HappyVery Happy I didn't know you work the night shift....you will benefit from the cellcosmet almost immediately. Ask for a sample...that will last you 2 weeks-at least.(What type of work?) The problem with the cellcosmet is that you pay a bit more.I am still on my first pump and I purchased that last Febuary. (I use it morning and night). Have you tried the Valmont Renewing pack? That should be on everyones Christmas list!!!! Take care;)

Babs
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Hey Barbara,

I heard how cold it must be brewing up there in the northern hemisphere, I have friends living in Italy and France and they are freezing at the moment, I can almost hear their teeth chattering!! SurprisedVery Happy...Though I can't say that it's all that summery here yet in Australia--we're known to be one of the driest and hottest continents in the world but if you had been here in the last month or so you wouldn't think so!! For instance, SNOW (!?!?) Surprised at the end of our Spring(November).... I don't know if Mabsy can vouch for the same as she hails ('scuse the pun) from Brisbane, QLD where the
weather would be a bit more constant and warm, but down here in Sydney, we are getting the whole four seasons in a month!!! WHAT'S GOING ON I ask!! It's crazy! haha! I'm lucky that I haven't
been sick yet as the weather can't seem to decide one day from the next- honestly, you're wearing a singlet top one day because it's warm, and the next you're in a woollen skivvy!!
As for "summertime" when is it our turn?!Very Happy I've always told my friends I'm a summertime girl and will do anything (finance-permitting) to escape the winter whichever way I can! There are people who follow the snow season, I follow the sun haha! The cold really kills me Babs!! I feel it right to the very bone! I went to boarding school in a place called Goulburn, in N.S.W which can only be compared to Siberia-- I used to get chilblains on my fingers and toes- horrible sores which developed from lack of circulation Mad, so except for the friends I made there, I'm more than happy to be far far away from that icy, cold place! :P
Thinking of a fun name, some of the greatest times I've had were away on holidays, having fun frolicking in the sun! From island-hopping in Fiji, to exploring the Amalfi coastline. And I love nothing more than getting that nice summery, sun-kissed "glow" which looks so healthy! Wink
Did you get some nice time-out during your summer this year? Yours was filthy- hot I believe!!!

As for my job, I work in I.T (information technology) in a technical helpdesk environment that has 24*7 coverage, so I'm rostered on for 2 night shifts every 6-day cycle supporting the Asia Pacific, as well as the European and the Americas' business day. It's can be stressful at times but enjoyable as I think I'm best suited to this kind of environment- I'm always learning, and it's a job that you can't easily get bored with-- but health-wise and relationship-wise it CAN be very taxing. Sad If I don't get enough sleep to recover from the night shift (we also call it grave shift) I look like death warmed up- I could easily sleep for 11, or 12 hours to recover, so imagine the time I have left for my boy! Almost next to none-- we're like ships passing in the night sometimes. The good thing is having 4 days off after 6 days of work, but it's a small consolation-- may need to get a *LIFE* readjustment soon! Very Happy
What type of work do you do?

Since yours and Mabsy's thoughts on the Cellcosmet Contour Eye Cream I think I will get a sample to try. The pump sounds like great value since it's lasted you a while-- I won't hold back on a product so long as it works and by all accounts the Cellcosmet Contour Eye Cream has a big following! I think you're right it will be excellent for my nightshifts and on the days I'm recuperating! Zzzz ...They say all you need is a "rice grain" size of product for your eye area but give and take those days you need a little more... :P
I am also *VERY* sold on the Valmont Renewing Mask-- Leila's brief review on it this morning sounded like nothing short of a "miracle" and a quick scan back to Lisa's review of it in November and the ensuing response was also pretty convincing too!! I wonder if Lisa's thought on it have changed now that she's had a good month to try it, and whether the other ladies, like Dagny or Soki have bought themselves a "Pack" yet! Very HappyVery Happy I think I will be getting one this Xmas along with Lady Jane by the sounds of it! My poor Xmas stocking this year will be so different from the other years- it'll be brimming with beauty products from EDS!! Take care Wink

summertimegirl xx
Mabsy

Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
I don't know if Mabsy can vouch for the same as she hails ('scuse the pun) from Brisbane, QLD where the
weather would be a bit more constant and warm, but down here in Sydney, we are getting the whole four seasons in a month!!! WHAT'S GOING ON I ask!!

Crazy here too! No hail in the past week though (so no crazy storms like the ones down south last week). Just hot, followed by rather chilly at night. So no choice but to sleep with a back-up doona on the floor next to your bed 'coz you never know if the night is going to be warm or freezing. Crazy weather! Not happy!

You really should get yourself a sample of the Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream and the Valmont Renewing Pack. Both products are fab and completely worth their price! I used my Renewing Pack last night (left on overnight) and woke up looking much better (consider that I have a cold and I'm just really REALLY tired at the moment). Gotta love it!

Mabsy
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,
I am sorry you are not feeling well. I have wanted to ask about your thesis. I realize you can't read minds, but I worry and think about you. Although I haven't completed my masters, I am a friend to many who have (nursing) and (with my hand in the air) offer to do WHATEVER is necessary. You have mentioned that you are increasingly tired (indication you are working too much), not feeling well (another indication you are working too much) and the frosting on the cake is your wonderful reviews have been cut short (the last indication you are working too much!) I worry about you!!!
SmileSadVery HappyWinkSurprised:P

Babs
Mabsy

Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Babs Smile

Thank you, you're very kind Smile But not to worry, it will all be over soon and then I'll just sleep for a week or two :P I don't think I have ever been this busy yet in my life and I'd really like a bit of a break. But everybody goes through periods of higher stress levels and we all survive. The only good way that I have found to look at it is that the Xmas period will be extra special because there will be a much bigger relief once the workload is over (compared to previous years). Another good way to look at it is that I will NEVER EVER have to write another thesis again Cool

I miss being able to spend as much time on the forum as I used to. I have a few reviews that I have been meaning to post but they have been re-classified as "pending" until the whole thesis thing is over. (speaking about 'over'.... I'm so over the thesis too :P)

Mabsy.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
hey guys any update on this product? i am thinking of switching all my skin care to swiss made. Cellcosmet is on my list, how does it compare to Valmont? thanks!
Inlife
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I want to know it also.
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I also want to try this night cream, and i found sb who sell the spa size,but i dont knows if they will have the same quality?
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
It's safe way to try the normal size first and then the spa size.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in the full ingredient list of this product, but I can't find it anywhere...
qiongsh
5% products discount

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
i am very interesting in "Cellcosmet"...

5% products discount

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
this night cream is in my shopping list now...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love this cream along with the day cream. Cellcosmet has a bunch of good products. I think you won't be regret to buy any of them.
jacloo11
5% products discount

Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
How does Cellcosmet compare to Valmont? I have read posts from another thread that Valmont has mineral oil in it. I thought mineral oil is bad for your skin..
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
jacloo11 wrote:
How does Cellcosmet compare to Valmont? I have read posts from another thread that Valmont has mineral oil in it. I thought mineral oil is bad for your skin..

Personally I much prefer Cellcosmet as a whole BUT I love Valmonts serums, treatments and there exlier eye cream.
HTHS
acquas
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have not used this brand of products.
Listen to your feeling products well.
Thank you for the unselfish sharing. Laughing
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:30 am      Reply with quote
The Cellocost eye cream has got to be the best in the world IMO!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 am      Reply with quote
1 month and i havent seen anything. cream isn't moisturizing enough... same for the eye cream. i cant wait to finish this so i can go back to using my Sum37, History Of Whoo, or sulwhasoo which is so much better than cellcosmet and you can actually see the results !!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |