Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Politically correct Xmas party...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:10 am      Reply with quote
One of my co-workers forwarded this to me and it cracked me up and made me think of a post someone made a few weeks ago, needing help on how to word a multi-cultural holiday greeting card sent out by her Japanese (?) employers so as not to offend anyone and be politically correct. I mean no offense by posting this bit of holiday humor and hope that everyone will accept it in the spirit of laughter and absurdity that it was intended....

The Christmas Party in CA

Lewis, Human Resources Director

TO: All Employees

DATE: 4th November

RE: Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23rd, starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House. There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks!

We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...please feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if the Managing Director shows up dressed as Santa Claus! A Christmas tree will be lit at 1.00pm.

Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time, however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets.

This gathering is only for employees! The Managing Director will make a special announcement at the Party. Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

Pauline
---------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------
DATE: 5th November
RE: Holiday Party
In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year.

However, from now on we're calling it our 'Holiday Party'. The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians. There will be no Christmas tree or Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music
for your enjoyment.
Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family,
Pauline.
---------------------
FROM; Pauline Lewis, Human Resources Director

DATE: 6th November

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table...you didn't sign your name.

I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only", you wouldn't be anonymous anymore!!!! How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody?

Forget about the gift exchange, no gift exchange allowed now since the Union Officials feel that $10.00 is too much money and Management believes $10.00 is a little cheap.

NO GIFT EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

Pauline
-------------------------

Date: 7th November

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20th begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a
luncheon at this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs, perhaps the Grill House can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party - or else package everything up for you to take home in a
little foil doggy bag. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the
toilets, Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with gay men; each will have their own table.

Yes, there will be flower arrangements for the gay men's table too.

To the person asking permission to cross dress - no cross dressing allowed.

We will have booster seats for short people. Low fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food. We suggest those people with high blood pressure taste the food first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics; the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?!?!?!?!?!
Pauline.
---------------------------

TO: All F****** Employees

DATE: 8 November
RE: The ******** Holiday Party.

Vegetarian pricks, I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at the Grill House whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death", as you so quaintly put it, you'll get your f****** salad bar, including organic tomatoes, But you know tomatoes have feeling too, They scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing the scream right NOW!!
I hope you all have a rotten holiday, drink, drive and die.

The Bitch from HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-----------------------

DATE: 9th November

RE: Pauline Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Pauline Lewis a speedy recovery, and I'll continue to forward your cards to her.
In the meantime, the Management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and instead, give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd December off with full pay.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:48 am      Reply with quote
rofl
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Brick wall Laughing Laughing
Such difficulties when working as a group...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:12 am      Reply with quote
That is hilarious carekate! Thanks for sharing. The only questions our employees had was "are the drinks free?"

-Cheri
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!! Freakin hilarious Exclamation Exclamation

Crazy thing is I could actually imagine a "committe" debating this in some of the larger corporations. Shock Shhhhhhh....

Thanks for the laugh!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
That was so funny Very Happy Thankyou for sharing it with us, I had a good giggle Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Laughing

So funny....thank you...I've forwarded it to all my friends!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Laughing but so true!

Have you guys heard overhere in the UK some councils have taken the decision to call christmas 'winter fest' as they don't want to exclude other faiths Rolling Eyes what the hell is that all about!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing. I had to cut and copy it and sent it around to people in my building...we laugh, but it is so true. Thanks for sharing
Happy Holidays
Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |