Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

True or False: everyone's skin is better at night, but ....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Is it true? i noticed that my skin, most of the time looks nicer at nighttime, but when i get up and shower it looks more red/noticable. anyone else have ideas on this?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Since I have been following the Dr Hauschka Regime (just cleanse & tone, if my skin feels a little too dry then a bit of Dr H Rejuvenating mask) my skin looks fantastic in the morning, I think it's because the skin has time to replenish during sleep.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
how could i do that with my plan? ive been doing mine about a month or 2? not really sure.
morn
ACV toner

afternoon
Acv toner
Duac

evening
DHCC every 3 days cause of dryness
capsiderm
acv toner
Vitamin c serum
Retin A every other day
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I've never noticed that my skin looks better during evening or morning. However, it does look MUCH better after cleansing, especially if I use Dr. H CC.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Chimara I have been sticking exclusively to the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream in oreder to have nice skin for over the festive period (and I've been to lazy to do any home recipes Embarassed ).
The Cleansing Cream is such a pampering product and yes my skin looks great all the time at the moment Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I agree. My skin looks so much better at night. I guess cause of the lighting.
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
^ ah. Yeah i dont know why it is like that. but i goto the same mirror that has the same light and it looks better at night too. I really dont know what im doing wrong, if im doing anything wrong at all.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what you are doing wrong except that you are not giving your skin enough moisture. It is possible it is just lighting playing tricks on your mind.

Again, if you are using vit-c and retin-a, it is essential that you wear sunscreen during the day. It is pointless to use them without proper sun protection.

I hope you decide wisely what you are going to get with that gift certificate.
Best of luck...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Google5, there is a thread discussing about carekate's asprin mask. It is an effective way to help acne prone skin and it is cheap. You can try and see if it works for your skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am probably going to ask Carekate about it, or just ... i dont know. lol.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Google5, I was just thinking about this the other day. I think its because at night you're lying prone, so when you get up of course your skin looks good the next morning. And than you start doing the morning routine and the blood starts to rush through your body and voila, splotches and color to your face. Thats the only explanation I can see.
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
and if your sitting around all day your skin will look better also because your not really doing anything IE on the computer all day hehe.

Quote:
Yes Google5, I was just thinking about this the other day. I think its because at night you're lying prone, so when you get up of course your skin looks good the next morning. And than you start doing the morning routine and the blood starts to rush through your body and voila, splotches and color to your face. Thats the only explanation I can see.

everyone agree?
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've never noticed or heard of something like this at all.. for those of whose skin is better at night, is it significantly better or what?
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
its less red. But usally after my shower it is red.

Maybe its because i have sensitive skin?
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I notice the same thing all the time.....and I always thought the reason to be exactly what sernx said!....I love my face best when I wake up even when it is oily because it is so even toned and the post-pimple mark are light and small.
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
SAME HERE!

but i have to shower or i will smell so bad. then it just gets bad again.. Sad
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:28 am      Reply with quote
My skin looks amazing in the morning. I wish it would stay exactly like that the entire day. It looks plump, no pores, eventoned, and I can't see those darn red blemishes leftover from pimples. I have the same regimen in the morning and night.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Google...how about taking a very quick shower in the morning and not so hot - and maybe your face wont get so red...or just wash your smelly parts in the morning and have a shower before bed instead.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
think if i took a shower and used shampoo in my hair at night then took a quick shower in the morning with soap on my body it wouldnt be as red?

But wouldnt i get bad hair since i sleep on it?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I really am not inclined to agree with Google on much since he's so quick to turn down every idea. But...My skin definitely looks better later in the day. Not at night, but within about 2 hours of getting up. I've switched to a silk pillow case, do all my treatments etc, even hydrate during the night ( I sleep like a newborn - up every 2 hours Smile ) and yet my "imperfections" are GLARING when I 1st get up. I've found a nice cold splash of water not only shakes my cob webs but helps my face go back to normal, but takes a few hours.

Google - your skin care issues have been asked and answered time and again. Slow down, take it back to the basics. This way you'll find what works for you and what doesn't.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Oh you guys are cracking me up! Laughing Google5, it's great that you have such a good sense of humor!

I notice the same thing. My face is great when I wake, red and blotchy after a shower and pretty mellow by night.

My opinion is that, like mine, your skin is very sensitive and it's possible that the things you're putting on your face are too harsh. My skin could not handle any of the things you're using on your skin. Maybe your skin looks better when it's had time to settle down from all those products. I really don't know. But you're doing the right thing by searching out the answers and getting solutions.

Eventually, you will find what works for you. Smile
google5
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, i use retin-a Micro every other day, think i should cut it back to every other 2 days?
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I don't know the answer to that.

Does it seem like it's helping you to use it every other day? Is it making a noticeable difference in your skin?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
my skin looks its worst when I get home from work...it looks its best after applying my JB products which I do in the am and after my evening shower.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
i don't know about everyone else but i sure look like hell first thing in the morning.. Laughing Laughing

A shower and makeup does wonders and at the end of the day i'm too tired to care what i look like and i don't care what others think either Wink

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |