Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: SEA-CHI natural spirit infused skin-care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
As you all know, I'm on a natural/organic quest, trying to find the best natural skin-care there is...

I ordered the line of Sea Chi ( http://seachi.com/ ) products and I'll tell you about my 2 favorites;

Sea Chi Creme:
Since I have oily skin and live in a humid climate, I was sceptic about this one, but after hearing all the rave reviews, I decided to go for it. This is a very creamy cream, but surprisingly, it goes on velvety and it has not caused me to break out. The ingredients are just wonderful:

Distilled Water ,Vegetable Emulsifying Wax ,Kombucha Tea ,Organic High Oleic Safflower Oil, Golden Organic Jojoba Seed Oil ,Organic Oil of Avocado. Organic Herbal Infusions:Elder Flowers ,Comfrey Root, Horsetail ,Rosebuds ,Organic Bulgarian Rosewater ,Organic Aloe Vera,Olive Squalane Oil , Soy Lecithin , Seaweed Extract ,Vegetable Glycerin , Sea Buckthorn CO2 , Rosehips CO2 , Sage& Rosemary Organic & Wildcrafted Essential Oils:Bergamot, Sweet Orange, Palmarosa, Pink Grapefruit & Sea Buckthorne Berry Extract.

Leave On Moisturizing Treatment & Hair Growth Formula:
WoW!!! This is a keeper...definetly the BEST hair-treatment I've ever tried! My hair is so silky and smooth, yet bouncy and full, after using this wonder-cream...I just love it!

Sanandra makes these creams spirit-infused with lots of love, and you can really feel it! I recommend getting samples of atleast these 2 product of her line, they are just wonderful and I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do!
Very Happy
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
here are the ingredients for the hair treatment:

Ingredients: Certified Organic Herbal Infusions of Coltsfoot, Chickweed, Nettles, Horsetail, Slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root, Comfrey Root, Calendula Blossoms, Chamomile Flowers and Oatstraw, Kombucha , Organic Jojoba Seed , Borage and Evening Primrose Oils, Water, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Seaweed Extract, Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Calendula CO2, Certified Organic & Bio-dynamically Grown Essential Oils of Sweet Orange, Blood Orange, Rosemary Verbenone, Vetyver, Lemon & Peppermint, Vitamins A, C & E, Sage & Rosemary Antioxidants, Grapefruit Seed Extract.

Very nice! Very Happy
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy...I think this Trixx person is spamming EDS with advertising... Sad
Mabsy

Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:
Mabsy...I think this Trixx person is spamming EDS with advertising... Sad

Thank you for all the post reports everyone. I've just gone through and cleaned off lots of spam. Will contact Magda about IP range blocking shortly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I happened to be perusing the review boards and saw HH mention the SeaChi creme. Thought I'd toss in my $.02 on Sanandra's fabulous products!

I originally came across the line whilst ordering some items from a rawfood website and seeing her line added to their personal care section. I decided to check the official site out for more info and noticed they had a nice sampler pack. It was pricey, but, not only did it turn me onto the wonder that is SeaChi, but, they give you a nice discount on your first order.

My faves:

Rose Geranium Face & Body Wash - Best.face.cleanser.ever. I'm sooooo in love with this stuff. It does an amazing job and just makes me feel peaceful and happy whenever I use it. Smells uplifting and calming!

SeaChi Creme - My skin will breakout from nearly everything that isn't oil-free or magical. As SeaChi is not oil-free, I'm going with the magical powers on this one. For the first time, instead of blending voodoo mixes of Hyaluronic Acid/Squalane/(insert some brand's serum here,) I just take a quarter sized amount of the SeaChi creme and pat it over my face and neck. Happy, unblemished skin that feels nourished. Smells like an herbal/vinegary blend from the Kombucha.

Custom Body Oil - This has replaced Weleda's Sea Buckthorn as my body oil of choice. Smells nearly as gorgeous as the Weleda, but, has the distinction of being the first body oil I can apply as a handcreme(!) and have it soak in immediately... even on dry skin!

Rose Water - Expensive as sin, but, my skin loved it as much as the website said it would.

The only products I wouldn't re-order are the Blue Chamomile oil (my sample was rather odd smelling) and although I love the concept of the hair conditioner, my hair is just way too long to make it economical. I'll stick to my Aubrey Organics shampoos and conditioners.

Overall - Brilliant line and Sanandra seems to even put love and light in the invoices with a happy smiley face, thanking you for your order. SeaChi rocks and is definately one of the best product lines I discovered in 2005/2006 if not longer!

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote

O.k I ordered Sea Chi for the 1st time a few months ago. The facial cleanser Rose Geranium Face and Body Wash 16ozand the Moroccan Blue Chamomile Body Oil 16 ozI have to say I was pleasantly suprised to finally find a company such as Sea Chi that offered organic, clean products in larger quantities. My husband AND I both use them, and now I'm willing to share since its lasting a bit longer.My hasband has oily skin and I have normal skin, he doesnt break out and I rarely use moisturizer! Love, Love, Love the body oil and if you know and appreicaite the smell of Morracan Blue Chamomile you wil llove this body oil. After we shower we both use it and it soaks in oh so nice! No oily residue and a pleasant organic scent... Sea Chi is UNIQUE product for lack of better words made with MUCH LOVE! Cant wait to order more!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using these products and really like the fragrance and feel of them, but it is too early to post a review of the skin care products. At this stage I can just say that I love using them. The one product that I wont hesitate to rave about is the hair treatment which made my hair look so much thicker instantly. I left it in for 30 minutes and rinsed it out and my hair was bouncy and thick. Great product for fine limp hair. I have a feeling the face wash and moisturizer could become new favorites too. Using these products is an uplifting experience.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Smoothskin, please post your review later. I took a look at the products, and they look tempting. Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm noticing that I'm needed more moisture as winter approaches (it's gettin' even drier down here in the desert!) but my normal winter moisturizer (Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enrinched Face Base) is now 45 bucks for 1.7 oz.

I'm wondering if this Sea Chi creme might work? I'm prone to break-outs and am oily so I'm a little nervous, but I'm hearing it might be okay.

Thoughts? TIA xoxo!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, the SeaChi cream is not very rich and there is a funny thing about it which will sound strange, but here it goes; I love the smell of it, but as a face cream I am just finding it a bit too fragrant... It is almost like I have to be in the mood for it just like with my selection of fragrances... This could just be me and I don't want to put anyone off. I'll report more about the effects later.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a sample of the Sea Chi creme on the 29th (Sunday) and just got my order (Wednesday!) Wow!
My sample was 5 bucks, and 4 dollars for shipping and Sanandra included FOUR other samples!

These weren't skimpy either...the Creme is a .25oz sample, and the other samples were Hair Growth and moisturizing treatment formula (.25), Tasmanian Lavendar Shampoo (.5 oz) Rose Water and Kombuchi Firming facial toner (.5 oz) and the new facial serum (I think around 1/8 oz). While the serum isn't available online for sample, the other three would have been $3.00, $3.00, and $5.00, respectively. Fabulous!

I'm excited to try everything!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I was lucky enough to get in on the Sea Chi products when Sanandra had a 50% discount. I got the Tasmanian Lavender body oil and shampoo; her Custom Blend oil; Rose Geranium face/body cleanser, Sea Chi Creme & Kombucha Tea.

The Sea Chi creme & Custom Blend oil are both great products. I was actually surprised at how well I liked the oil as my skin is extremely oily. It disappears in and lasts all day. I've always had a problem with the sag/flab/dryness of my arm wings. For me this works great on that area. SeaChi creme is wonderful on my face.(I'm alternating this w/Janson Becketts day cream).
The other products I probably won't reorder.
As a warning to any of you who don't want to drink alcohol without knowing it: Do Not order the Kombucha Tea! I questioned Sanandra on this and she claimed less than 1/2 of 1% of alcohol in this product. I didn't have it tested, but I know there was a considerable amount more. Just a warning in case you know Bill.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
These products look gorgeous. Kombucha tea is incredible stuff - when I took it, I lost weight and lost my chronic heartburn too.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the range since I got it and have noticed some good results. I had a slight bump on my forehead which looked like milia, but with no white center and it did not budge when I went for a facial (an old fashioned one with extractions where they also use a knife on milia). All of a sudden it started changing and in 24 hours it started to look like a milia, then it healed and dissapeared. I think it must be the regenerating properties of the cream. I have to say that I am still struggling with the smell...
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
oh.. I have two of those on my forehead! I'd looove to get rid of them.. I guess I'll have to order a sample.. would that be enough, do you think?
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't know and I can't say for sure that it was the cream that sorted my milia out... Maybe e mail Sanandra and ask her about the regenerative properties of her cream. Sorry to be so vague, but it could just be that I had a lucky experience with the range. Overall my skin does look very clear though. I guess it would not be any harm in ordering a sample...
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I will do that smoothskin, thanks, you're right.

Glad to hear of your experience and of this lovely line of products.

kombucha is one of my favourite ports of call when something goes out of balance, health wise.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Just a thought: Think of how quickly Kombucha goes off... Yesterday I had to throw out a bottle that I had for a week and I started to think; how can these products be free from preservatives if they contain Kombucha... Just a thought...
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
These products look gorgeous. Kombucha tea is incredible stuff - when I took it, I lost weight and lost my chronic heartburn too.

catski...do you drink regular Kombucha or splurge on the stuff from Sea CHi? I get chronic heartburn, but if I can just drink the regular Yogi Tea version of Kombucha, rather than spending all that moolah on an already-bottled version, it would be good. Although I'm willing to try anything to get rid of it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I drink the yogi tea ParisTroika, every night after dinner. I also add to it a powder called CAL-M, which is calcium, magnesium and powdered apple cider vinegar.

It's immensely soothing to the digestion.

I know iHerb sells kombucha tincture, and you can also get it in capsule form, if you dont like the yogi tea.

I would love to buy a kombucha culture someday and make my own kombucha tea. You have to have a hot plate and tend to it regularly, so it seems quite an undertaking. Maybe when I'm an old lady I will do it!

I heard that simply drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water will sort out the digestion, also.

Though it isnt so great for the tooth enamel...
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
... I would love to buy a kombucha culture someday and make my own kombucha tea. You have to have a hot plate and tend to it regularly, so it seems quite an undertaking. Maybe when I'm an old lady I will do it!

Catski (love your user name!), my old roommate used to make her own kombucha tea. She got a little baby culture and started with that and boy did thing reproduce! It got big and had babies, and she was giving away cultures to her friends! Truthfully, it was practically no maintenance - she put the culture in a large pot with whatever else goes in there (water, etc.), put it in the oven, and the little guy just went off and did its own thing. She checked on it periodically, but it was really no hassle at all. You should give it a try!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |