Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
i am hairy and have a bunch of dirt around my neck what do i
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Margie

Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:12 am      Reply with quote
i really need help getting it off. it got on there in the first place because about 4 years ago i meet this boy(i was young then)and his family then i started living with him because we wanted to be together and they treated me like crap they wouldnt let me take a shower because they didnt have that much money and she would complain about the water so i would have to beg her and me and him were pretty much like bums she made us sleep in the garage and i would go for days without a shower and it would be all hot and im sweating and its all just piling up and to make it even worse im a little bit hairy at that time i didnt think anything like this would happen and i stood with him because we were partying and doing stupid stuff now i left him and i look at my self everyday in the mirror and i want to just give up because i am tired of all the people looking at me wierd and laughing and the only things that get me up in the morning are my 3 kids i dont like to go anywhere i cry everyday i really need help can some please help me make me feel good again or give me some advice.......
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Try soap and water first to get it all off. I don't know what else to say. Seems obvious to me. Confused
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Margie...

I read your other post and responded to it before I read this one.

Sweetie, your problem clearly doesn't have to do with a skincare regimen. Please don't think that I'm not sympathetic - I am. But you need to get yourself some help. There are therapy groups attached to shelters for women and children all over the U.S. that will help you deal with your self esteem problems. There is no charge attached to these programs. If you don't know how to find one, pm me, and I'll you get a referral in the area where you live.

You sound very unhappy and you clearly need some outside help in getting it together. You deserve to feel ok about yourself and your kids deserve a centered mom, so take some action. You'll feel better just for having taken that step.

P.S. If people are laughing at you because of the way you look, try telling them to f**k off. It's good therapy Wink
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Margie, you have been treated terribly, that would ruin anyone's self esteem. Do you have a place to live now that is safe? You need to remember that you are unique and special, there is no one like you! you DO have something to offer others that no one else has. You need to remember this with your friendships and relationships, there is help out there, I don't know where you live, But one thing you could do is go to the hospital, and ask for help. They see everything and have a network of referrals to help. You can get a lot of help depending on the state where you live. In Iowa there is a health care program that provides free health care for kids, and a nurse comes to your house every week to check up on the kids and you, the nurse helps the woman get back on her feet so to speak by. I'd wash your face and body with an exfoliant scrub to clean out the pores and your hair can be trimmed, bleached, waxed, there are so many things you could do. Let us know what you're thinking of trying so we can help. Laura

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Laurabeth said it, you are very unique and special. You have brought three children into this world! You are a GODDESS! You just had a bump in the road like everyone else does. There is nothing that cannot be fixed, especially your skin. And for that you have come to the right place my friend. These women will give you all of the advice that you need. You just have to be specific, welcome to the forum! Very Happy

If you really think you have dirt on your neck, you should be able to get it off easily. I do some landscaping during the summer and sometimes there is still dirt on my hands after I wash them. There is this soap called lava that I use to get it out. It isn't hot or anything, I think they named it that because it melts the dirt and whatever else right off. It is a hand soap with a fragrance, so if your skin is sensitive it it could irritate the skin on your neck. If I see something like it without fragrance I will let you know. If you cant get rid of the dirt than maybe you should have a doctor take a look at it. As for the hair there is a wide range of remedies for this. Waxing is a good one. If you want to wax for cheap you can find your nearest beauty school, and ask them if they offer waxing to the general public. They usually do and its dirt cheap. You also sound like you need to relax a bit. If you have a massage school near by, they too usually offer cheap massages, sometimes even free!

I know it must be hard to find the time and the money for yourself when you are so busy trying to raise three children in this crazy world, but you must make it a priority. You cannot think straight if you neglect yourself. You deserve only the best!! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
madeline wrote:
...There is this soap called lava that I use to get it out. It isn't hot or anything, I think they named it that because it melts the dirt and whatever else right off.
Actually, that soap is called “Lava” because it is made from the pumice stones that are created after hot lava from a volcanic eruption has cooled....Mechanics and others whose hands get really dirty from work use pumice-based soaps and they work really well, but remember never to use them on your face or other areas where the skin is delicate!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I suspect I'm going to be very unpopular after this post, but I still have to say it.

Telling Margie that she's a goddess, unique, special, etc. is, as far as I'm concerned, alot of New Age crap. I don't know her, but from reading her posts, it sounds to me like she's made some really horrendous decisions. Treated horribly? Sometimes, we just have to take at least some responsibility for the situations we find ourselves in. More often than not, until such time as we DO take responsibility, we always have the luxury (even though the situations are far from luxurious) of claiming VICTIM status. And, as long as one considers themselves a victim, they can keep making the same errors over and over.

I'm not without compassion. Far from it. It sounds to me like Margie's self esteem problems predated the unfortunate circumstances she described and are probably what led to what sounds like a pretty dismal episode in her life. I'm not passing judgement. We all have our problems and we all make stupid mistakes.

But she's got three kids now. She has a responsibility to herself, and most importantly, she has a responsibility to her kids since they didn't ask to be born. Goddess status doesn't come in a package with a uterus, vagina, and clitoris Shock Goddess status is something you earn.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I can't help but second Katee's post, we are all very supportive of helping, but a good shower with a razor, soap and wash cloth should remedy the dirt, as for the rest a good therapist, and yes i second one can get a good one for free, would help tremendously. The problem seems way bigger than just some dirt.
Melissa
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Margie , i think you may have a few medical disorders that i suffer from as well. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome with accompanying Acanthosis Nigricans.

These disorders are classically manifested as being generally obese, excess facial hair, possible acne problems, thinning scalp hair and the appearance of "dirt" patches around the neck, underarms, between thighs and other skin folds.

Here are some Links to educate you further. Please, if these symptoms fit you, get to your doctor and discuss testing and treatment. It is very possible to treat and minimize the apprearance of the symptoms of these conditions..

PCOS: http://soulcysters.com/

Support Board: http://www.soulcysters.net/

Acanthosis Nigricans: !http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/acanthosis_nigrica.html

I feel your emotional pain because i suffer from both of these disorders myself...i'm a member of the above support board so i encourage you to join all of us over there to discover whether you are a fellow "cyster".

Best wishes Margie, please don't give up hope and you are not alone in this Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:00 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I suspect I'm going to be very unpopular after this post, but I still have to say it.

Telling Margie that she's a goddess, unique, special, etc. is, as far as I'm concerned, alot of New Age crap. is something you earn.

Wow. I am sorry I upset you. lol Laughing Yea Katee your right. Maybe I just have to much respect for women. Growing up watching all the women around me raise kids by themselves kind of led me to the mentality that women like that are all very special. I don't think any two people are alike so I guess that makes us all unique. And as for earning the status of a goddess, Ive never heard this before. How do you earn "Goddess status"? Let me know so I could jot it down in my "New Age Crap" handbook.
jbaxx

Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only one that thinks the post was simply bullcrap? Seriously, this person is just yanking your chain!
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
You are probably right. Laughing
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, I thought so, too. But then, I tend to be cynical.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |