Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

retin-a micro
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
andrevi
5% products discount

Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
does anyone know of a [Mexican] pharmacy that will ship retin-a micro to the U.K? I currently buy Tretinoin serum from a pharmacy in the Channel Islands and Retin-A from a UK website, but neither supply the Retin A micro. I've noticed there is a huge difference in pricing across the suppliers. I pay aprox £30 for a 25g tube of Retin-A, and about £50 for a 5 month supply of serum, but I have seen it retailing on some sites for up to £170. I have heared that the Mexican pharmacies offer a good price.
Thanks in advance for any info.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
ww.inhousepharmacy.com might do.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
They do not have retin-A micro in mexico yet. You'll have to get the retinA gel in the green tube.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been burned by a pharmacy like this before. Has anyone actually ordered from this company and gotten their merchandise?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:25 am      Reply with quote
What is the advantage of Retin-A Micro over regular Retina-A? Right now, I developed a rash in my forehead for using tretinoi, maybe the Retin-A Micro would be better.
andrevi
5% products discount

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Reports suggest Retin-A micro is less irritating as well as more effective at increasing collagen/reducing wrinkling than Renova or Retin-A standard.
There have been reports in the UK press recently of fake products being supplied by some online pharmacies, so I have emailed the manufacturers of Retin-A etc to see if they can confirm they actually supply the pharmacies I buy from.
Some sites insist on a prescription, while others are happy with an online questionnaire/disclaimer. The real surprise is the vast difference in prices charged for the same product.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
If retin-a micro is less irritating, I think using retin-a would have made my face fall off. I hated retin-a micro. My face was always red, irritated and peeling and I used it for 8 weeks straight and never "adjusted" to it.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I don't see how retinA micro can increase collegen production more that regular retinA since it is the same drug.

But it is less irritating (does not mean it is not irritating) retinA micro uses little micro sponges to time release the medication. this is why most people can tolerate a higher % in the micro formula than in the gel formula. I can use .1% micro gel, but I could only use the .05% of the regular gel.

but, fundamentally their actions are the same. You will get the same results with the micro or the gel. When I go to mexico, I get the .05% gel, because it is about $10 compared to $80 here for a 45gm tube.
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
andrevi, you might want to check out this site:
http://www.1drugstore-online.com/showproducts.asp?gcode=018

btw, is 'Tretinoin serum' another vit A derivative? What are the benefits of using serum along with retin-a? thanks
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I would imagine that 'Tretinoin serum' is just liquid retin A. Tretinoin is the generic name for retinA and it comes in several forms, liquid, gel, cream and micro. I wouldn't use the liquid retinA with any other forms of retinA because that would just be asking for excessive irritation.
andrevi
5% products discount

Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:51 am      Reply with quote
The tretinoin serum is prescribed by a paharmacy for me in the channel Islands and made up fresh by a U.K. chemist when the prescription is faxed. It is 0.05 % tretinoin in a slightly oily serum supplied in an amber dropper bottle. Is easy to use, absorbs readily, and is my favourite formulation.
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wouldn't the Green Cream (Level 6 or 9) work the same way without the irritation?
http://www.greencream.com/product.htm

and check this Vitamin A+ Skin Solution:
http://www.thevitamincure.com/solution.htm
andrevi
5% products discount

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
having tried various retinol preparations in the past, I can honestly say that compared to the dramtic results acheived by Retin-A the retinols were pretty much ineffective for wrinkle reduction. Maybe a slight improvement in skin clarity with them, but they are no substitute for tretinoin/retinoic acid [Retin-A, Renova].
In fact, from all the skin care preparations I have tried eg C serums, Glycolics etc, the only one which offered obvious and lasting results has been Retin-A and the tretionoin serum, used with an SPF moisturiser.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I agree 100% with the above. It takes a good 6 mos for your skin to adjust and to notice results, but so worth it. Also, I highly recommend the gel over the cream.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I use the inhouse pharmacy all the time for my allergy medication (used them for about 5 years now). Very reliable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone found an overseas source for retin-a micro. i just started on retin-a but hear the micro version is so much better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
oops, looks like i just answered my own question. inhouse pharmacy carries micro but in the gel version.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I am going to order the retin a micro gel from the in house pharmacy. Just wondering which strength I should get. I have been using skinceuticals retinol night serum 0.5%. Bit of peeling at first but nothing too serious. Does that mean that my skin might have adjusted to retinoids already? Perhaps I could start on the 0.1% because of this? Or should I start with the 0.04%
Also, is it a good idea to put a little facial oil or moisturizer on beforehand to help with irritation? or better to apply after?
Thanks
Felicity77
5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I live in the UK and ordered a tube of retin a micro 0.1 from the in house pharmacy dot biz website on the 4th of Jan, it arrived last week. I'm going to try it out this weekend.

I have used the retin a cream, but it was too harsh, with peeling etc, so Im going to try out the micro as apparently its gentler.

I was worried about having to pay import duty but it came through fine.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |