Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eminence Lime Stimulating Masque
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:34 am      Reply with quote
HOLY CRAP MY CRAP IS BURNING Shock Shock

That was my first response and I only used a 1/4 scoop Crying or Very sad
Using it was fine. A sticky gel you dilute with water. Leave on 5-10 minutes and wash off.

Perhaps after I had used the thermal mud I was expecting a similar experience. Not quite in under a minute my face got hot, began to tingle. After approx 5 minutes I washed it off because I looked like I had a serious case of bad sunburn, worse it felt like Confused The tingling lasted about 15/20 minutes and I began to worry I'd had a reaction to it. It even made the skin next to my orbital/cheekbone swell like when sunburnt Crying or Very sad I figured to avoid getting stressed out I'd go lie down for 10/15 minutes and see how it went. Finally after about 30 minutes my skin felt better but was still very red for about an hour.

Ok after all that....my skin did look very healthy, fresh and no visible pores. Very Happy

And I have used it again but using a smaller amount and leaving it on for a very short time Laughing So I expect the pot to last for ages!

I thought I'd give a bit of warning as I wasn't expecting the level of 'stimulation' I got with this masque.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Eve - I've been curious about Eminence masks -- they're sold at my hair salon/spa, but are rather pricey. There are several types and I'd like to know more about them and what kind of benefit they offer. But the idea of using a lime mask is a bit scary -- I'm not surprised it burned! Do you think it exfoliated your skin or just irritated it?
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Laughing it was scary, like I say I was thinking it would be like the herbal mud.

I think -of course with the redness!- it gives an incredible blood rush to the skin. With that in mind it does what it says on the jar. With increased blood flow it will give the benefits of that, detox, plumping etc

If you're not sure see if you can get a sample or two, that way I've tried quite a few the ones I'm using at the moment are pumpkin/orange which has nice exfoliating/smoothing effect - My mum really likes this one.
Stonecrop, hydrating and works to lighten brown spots/blotches.

They aren't cheap but you don't need a whole lot

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Eminence masks (this one included) but I recall that I had a bit of a reaction to the pumpkin&orange one.

Have you tried the Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment? That might be a little more gentle than the lime mask but it still will make your face red for a while...

5% products discount

Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I use Eminence and I most always sell the Rosehip and Maize Exfoliating Mask with the Lime Stimulating. Then I give instructions to mix them together on a 1:1 dilution. Much beter results...still hot but toned down a notch or two!
It mixes well with Pumpkin and Orange as well.
I never sell it as a stand alone product just because of how stimulating it is! Very Happy
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
And I have used it again but using a smaller amount and leaving it on for a very short time So I expect the pot to last for ages!

I have a sample of this mask that I still need to try -- thank you for the warning! Smile
Mabsy

Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Tam - be VERY careful! I didn't think it was that harsh when I tried it but then one of my friends recently sent me another sample because she thought that this batch was more "potent" and she wanted to know if I agreed. Sorry, I had been meaning to write about my experience but haven't yet. Long story short, I had to rinse the mask off after a few minutes because my skin started to feel like it was burning. When I rinsed it off I had to continue to rinse with cold water for a few minutes because it was too painful to stop. My face was actually swollen (you could tell because my skin was raised significantly on the border where the mask was applied vs. not applied). It took a while for the pain to stop and a few hours for my skin to return to normal. Ironically it did look good afterwards but there is no way I would use this again!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Tam - be VERY careful! I didn't think it was that harsh when I tried it but then one of my friends recently sent me another sample because she thought that this batch was more "potent" and she wanted to know if I agreed. Sorry, I had been meaning to write about my experience but haven't yet. Long story short, I had to rinse the mask off after a few minutes because my skin started to feel like it was burning. When I rinsed it off I had to continue to rinse with cold water for a few minutes because it was too painful to stop. My face was actually swollen (you could tell because my skin was raised significantly on the border where the mask was applied vs. not applied). It took a while for the pain to stop and a few hours for my skin to return to normal. Ironically it did look good afterwards but there is no way I would use this again!

Wow Mabsy, that sounds that an extremely uncomfortable mask...thanks for the review...I was starting to get interested in this line. Now I can save some money Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

Oh my, that is definitely a harsh mask! I am still tempted to give it a try, but I think that I'll mix it with another one. The Seven Herb Treatment is a healing mask; who knows, it may dilute the lime mask enough to be tolerable. Thank you for sharing your experience.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you eminence users tried the pumpkin and yam peel? I am curious if this is any good?
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Mabsy wrote:

Oh my, that is definitely a harsh mask! I am still tempted to give it a try, but I think that I'll mix it with another one. The Seven Herb Treatment is a healing mask; who knows, it may dilute the lime mask enough to be tolerable. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Well, I totally forgot about this thread. So last night I pulled out my Eminence Lime Stimulating mask sample to give it a whirl. And because I had forgotten about this thread, I used it straight. Sad I felt a slight tingling, but that was all. I didn't give it much thought while I laid back and read my book for 10 minutes.

When I went to remove it, I honestly thought that I had burned my skin! I looked in the mirror and the mask had dried and had a transaparent finish. Underneath, my skin was bright red. Shock I quickly removed it and it looked like I had been out in the sun with sunglasses on because I had white cirlces around my eyes where I hadn't applied the mask. It still didn't hurt, so I applied the Seven Herbs mask (which is a healing/nourishing mask). My skin was still pretty red even after that, so I put on my moisturizer and then just before bed a thin layer of emu oil.

I'm glad to report that this morning, the redness was completely gone. My pores appeared to be a bit smaller, but that was it.

I'm going to try it again in a few days, but mixed with the Rosehip and Maize Exfoliating mask. I'll report my results after. Smile
elixa

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Eve,

Would you say that the end result was better than that off another mask? Ie. was all the uncomfortable feeling worth it in the end?

I was thinking of getting this one but doubt it, sounds to scary!

Eve wrote:
HOLY CRAP MY FACE IS BURNING Shock Shock

That was my first response and I only used a 1/4 scoop Crying or Very sad
Using it was fine. A sticky gel you dilute with water. Leave on 5-10 minutes and wash off.

Perhaps after I had used the thermal mud I was expecting a similar experience. Not quite in under a minute my face got hot, began to tingle. After approx 5 minutes I washed it off because I looked like I had a serious case of bad sunburn, worse it felt like Confused The tingling lasted about 15/20 minutes and I began to worry I'd had a reaction to it. It even made the skin next to my orbital/cheekbone swell like when sunburnt Crying or Very sad I figured to avoid getting stressed out I'd go lie down for 10/15 minutes and see how it went. Finally after about 30 minutes my skin felt better but was still very red for about an hour.

Ok after all that....my skin did look very healthy, fresh and no visible pores. Very Happy

And I have used it again but using a smaller amount and leaving it on for a very short time Laughing So I expect the pot to last for ages!

I thought I'd give a bit of warning as I wasn't expecting the level of 'stimulation' I got with this masque.
caliesthetician

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am an esthetician who has given dozens of lime stimulating facials and I will admit the first time I applied this product I was shocked at the redness Shock . However the redness disappeared and left a glowing complexion within the hour. The trick is to [b]use a small amount!! By that I mean a pea size amount for face and neck, anything more could mean way to much stimulation. I have to say that I have used this on VERY sensative skin with fantastic results.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
My esthetitican used a little bit of this masque along with the Rosehip and Maize mask and left it on my face for about ?10 minutes. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and yes I did feel a burn slightly (nothing to get excited about). After my facial for the whole day my skin looked absolutely amazing. I will definitely purchase this mask next time.

Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
i received a couple of samples of this masque but have been to scared to use it after reading about the burning and awful stories elsewhere, but i have read more feedback about wonderful skin aferwoods, so the last two comments have been helpful, about using a very small amount, pea size as i am one of those people who luv to use nice big amounts of masque, i normally like a generous layer, but with this one, i think ur guys r right, less is more for this one. will try it soon
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
If your skin is burning STOP using it! Inflammation does NOTHING to benefit your skin.

You'd be suprised to use anti-inflammatory ingredients on your skin and find your skin "plumped", "glowy" and moisturized.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch! Maybe I'm a baby but I wouldn't use something that actually hurts, even if it gives results. There's a lot of painless ways to beauty, we don't have to suffer. I definitely don't believe in the "no pain no gain" mantra.
Veronika

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Doesn't anyone find it funny that the original Lime Stimulating Masque that Eminence had back before they lost their distributorship from Ilsci had absolutely NO LIME in it? It was supposed to be called Nettle & Algae Treatment......the saga continues people. Do your research on Eminence. Its not rocket science to know its a stolen concept of a real skin care line who's owner wins Lifetime Achievement Awards. Eminence can't even sell into Europe because their standards are too high for them. Its a scham.
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lime Stimulating Masque is one of my favorites!!! My face looks like it's on fire when I have it on. When I used Eminence professionally one of the first things I tried was the paprika part of the AHA peel (which you are not supposed to apply directly to your skin, you're supposed to buffer by applying the peel first). My face was SO HOT I was literally running around the hallway trying to cool my skin off with the breeze I was creating. My face was a deep dark reddish purple shade for several hours... And after it calmed down it was GORGEOUS I had never seen my skin look so glowy and fabulous and that lasted for days. So after that, when I tried the Lime Stimulating it was like a walk in the park and my skin looked just as fabulous afterward. I wish I could still get that Paprika treatment though!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Veronika wrote:
Doesn't anyone find it funny that the original Lime Stimulating Masque that Eminence had back before they lost their distributorship from Ilsci had absolutely NO LIME in it? It was supposed to be called Nettle & Algae Treatment......the saga continues people. Do your research on Eminence. Its not rocket science to know its a stolen concept of a real skin care line who's owner wins Lifetime Achievement Awards. Eminence can't even sell into Europe because their standards are too high for them. Its a scham.

Hey Veronika,
Where can I read about this issue with the Eminence line?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I hate to say it, but I think your skin looked good and plumped because it was irritated and swollen.

Allison_Wonderland wrote:
Lime Stimulating Masque is one of my favorites!!! My face looks like it's on fire when I have it on. When I used Eminence professionally one of the first things I tried was the paprika part of the AHA peel (which you are not supposed to apply directly to your skin, you're supposed to buffer by applying the peel first). My face was SO HOT I was literally running around the hallway trying to cool my skin off with the breeze I was creating. My face was a deep dark reddish purple shade for several hours... And after it calmed down it was GORGEOUS I had never seen my skin look so glowy and fabulous and that lasted for days. So after that, when I tried the Lime Stimulating it was like a walk in the park and my skin looked just as fabulous afterward. I wish I could still get that Paprika treatment though!
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
LOL I don't think that was the case. My skin was not at all swollen or inflamed, it just stimulated circulation... Alot!! But thanks for the input!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if it's just the Lime Stimulating Mask or most of Eminence masks are like that? Shock
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add since it's been some time since the original post. I think the swelling near the orbital bone was because I took the mask too close to the skin under my eye Confused no harm was done. Smile

I still use this mask and the Mud version when I want my skin to look good before a night out. It isn't swollen but you know that great flushed feeling and glow you get when you've exercised really hard? I guess it's similar to that as Allison has said, increased blood flood.

(If you've used PSF pumkin mask you get a similar reaction)

I don't know about any dodgy dealings with the company & I'd have to check the old jar to see if it contained any lime.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
ladies pleaaase stop using this

if you aren't killing fibroblasts you are probably causing permanent damage in some other way

if you want that "flushed" sexy look....believe me, go for a run or use an elliptical for 30 minutes!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |