Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
would love a solution 4 little red bumps on back of my arms
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have little red bumps (like mini acne) on the backs of both my upper arms that just won't go away. I have no idea what's causing this.

I tried using Desert Essence Tea Tree pads everyday which hardly helped.

Does anyone have a good solution?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I suggest the cheapest lotion you can buy is, 12% Lac-Hydrin lotion that you buy at the drug store. Sometimes, they are kept behind the counter. Or, from DermaDoctor, she has the same type of cream but a little bid more expensive.

Are you from USA? It makes a difference where you are from. Please let me know and then I can suggest what you can try. It has to do with the FDA.

Also, use a scrub when you shower once in ahwile. There is Dermanew, Baking Soda with Cetaphil mixed together, or Peter Thomas Roth- AHA/BHA face & body scrub (feels the same as Baking Soda with Cetaphil)
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
i'd suggest a pair of exfoliating gloves for in the shower with a body wash that has ahas and bhas in it. that combo does wonders for slightly bumpy body skin!

Kiwigirl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am from the U.S.

Aha's sound like a good solution and definately worth a try.

I've tried salt scrubs that helped smooth out the bumps but still didn't solve the problem. The area is still a bit raised and pink.

I'll look for aha's and bha's today. Smile

Thank you
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that those bumps can be a result of a lack of vit a in the diet.

Also try one of those natural bristle body brushes you can get at health food stores. They made my bumbs there totally disappear and I never used any type of lotion there. (I guess the brushing is a way of exfoiliating.)
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lily,

I love a good success story!

I will try a body brush too. Smile
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I use MD Formulations Body Scrub for that area-I think it has glycolic acid (not sure) but it does a good job of exfoliating my skin. Afterwards, I use PTR Glycolic Lotion 12%. Warning though-if you have broken skin, it stings a bit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same problems for years...It was by fluke that I got rid of it!

I found about OCM and got hooked on essential oils and I started mixing some carrier oil + EO and massaged it on my body at night before I go to bed, just because I love the smell...My bumps are all gone!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply's. It's great to have so many options to choose from.

I've been wanting to try the ocm on my face, maybe I'll include my arms while I'm at it.

Svunt1- Did you use a specific EO?
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to second the exfoliating followed by an aha moisturizer. Bumps are gone very quickly. I use Dove exfoliating body wash and Eucarin intensive moisturizer.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
When I get lazy with exfoliation I get these little bumps on the back of my thighs. To keep these away I use exfoliating gloves and also use a scrub with a high % of glycolic acid in it (it's the MDF Face & Body scrub, though I wouldn't use it on my face). I think as long as you exfoliate regularly you will see results. Another good (but tedious) way of getting rid of them quickly is with dry body brushing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Cloe,
I use different EO every time. I use Sweet Almond as carrier oil. At the moment I love the combination of

Lavender
Tea Tree
Bergamot
Geranium

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks LandB and Mabsy for adding your thoughts.

They were out of dry brushes at the health food store but should get them in this week. As soon as I find an aha or glycolic product that doesn't have too much bad stuff in it, I'll be set.

Thanks Svunt1- those oils sound great. I have at least two.

I am smiling joyfully knowing this problem of mine will soon be history. Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Please let us know what you did and how it is working.

Goodluck! Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Exfoliation is always the best method of getting rid of any bumps. Mabsy I too started to get lazy until I got one of those exfoliation gloves, In the morning in the shower I just slather on my favourate soap or shower gel, put on the glove and exfoliate away. It takes about 4 mins and my skin is so soft, plus it has cut down on having to buy Body Scrubs.
All the bumps on my upper arms, knees and erm bottom Embarassed have all gone.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Exfoliation is always the best method of getting rid of any bumps. Mabsy I too started to get lazy until I got one of those exfoliation gloves, In the morning in the shower I just slather on my favourate soap or shower gel, put on the glove and exfoliate away. It takes about 4 mins and my skin is so soft, plus it has cut down on having to buy Body Scrubs.
All the bumps on my upper arms, knees and erm bottom Embarassed have all gone.

I've got one of those glove sets as well and I must admit that I am better with using them than with dry body brushing. They do work (plus your skin feels nice and smooth and invigorated afterwards) but I still find that they don't work as well as the dry body brushing, or at least not as quickly...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would go with body brushing too... we also have body gloves here but using all those body soaps to scrub up every day is really NOT a good thing for the skin.

Docs and derms will tell ya there are only 3 places - besides the face - that need to have soap applied to them to cleanse - the rest of the body just needs water to wash it off. There were even some studies under way about the harm over washing of skin can have and its contribution to increases in skin cancer (something to do with washing off natural defenses or something)

OK, but off that little soapbox effort... a good body scrub a couple times a week to support daily dry brushing would be good. The glycolic acid ones sound good (I have never tried them). I have used my Epidermx (gasp - not many times though due to $$) microderm treatment on my arms and had a lot of success too.

For a glycolic moisturizer we have had Aquaglycolic and NeoStrata - but I think almost all glycolic products seem to be packed full of nasties like you are trying to avoid.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
You make a very interesting point there, Tiger_tim. I don't know if I could give up the shower gel as I look forward to the aromatherapy of it all. Although I would certainly save some $$. I wonder if putting lotion all over the body affects the skin in any negative way??

I do use a loofah in the shower but I'm guessing it doesn't have the same exfoliating effect as the gloves or dry brush.

I also use Shikai shower gel with aloe and oatmeal. It says it's supposed to help smooth rough, chapped areas but that's also not as strong as aha or glycolic acid.

Anyway, I'll definately let you know what I do and how it all works out.

...Rosebud- the emoticon in your last line fits so perfectly, I'm still giggling!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Cloe - Both my sons have the same thing on the backs of their arms. Inherited from their father. Took em both to the doc about this condition. I didn't want to believe him but all it is is dry skin.

So - they each have their own scrubby gloves (NO SHARING Shame on you ) for the shower and the doc recommended Aveeno for the dryness. That was until I was introduced to the mystical CareKat Wink I now have them both using the OCM followed by Cammelia <sp?> oil. No lie, my oldest boys arms cleared almost immediately and the second isn't far behind.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
very cool!

Thanks for the input Candy. Every little bit helps. Smile

Since it's related to dry skin, I wonder if it's possible that I'm still not drinking enough water. My skin is a little on the dry side. I drink my body's weight in ounces of water every day but to me it still doesn't seem like enough. I'm having other issues that are related to lack of enough water. It's just so hard to drink more than that. Rolling Eyes

I've heard people say drink half your body's weight in ounces of H2O but everybody's different, so who knows. Oh well.

I'm so glad your sons arms are clearing up. Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
If you're drinking that much water I'd be surprised that your dry skin is b/c you're dehydrated, unless....you expel alot of the water you intake. Exercise, more than 1/2 an hour within your cardio range will deplete your water, sugars, etc. Your daily environment could be something to consider. Too warm? Dry? Food too. Are you a salt fiend? Alot of factors come into play when you talk about how much water you need. If you are thirsty, drink!!

That being said, the condition itself is just that dry skin. Made no sense to me either. But, be sure address this. Thanks for the well wishes for my guys, but know, boys being boys resist "chick stuff". Well, mine do. And my older son has discoloration/scarring? on his arms b/c of not listening to dear old mom.

Good luck and keep me posted!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
It's funny, I'm really careful about all of those things especially my sodium intake. I'm sure I'll figure it out one these days.

I've been doing the ocm at night on my arms and they are more moisturized but I still need the exfoliating power of the gloves or brush. I'm going today to get them, even if it means I have to drive all over to find someone who has them in stock.

I'll post again in a few days with any results. I'm anticipating great success!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I took my niece to see a dermatologist about 10 years ago and he told me the bumps on the arms are dead skin cells that are to sticky to fall off by themselves. And it happended more often to dry skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting! That's how I feel about the skin on my face. It seems like the skin doesn't shed fast enough and I think that's a major cause of my breakouts.

Thanks for the reply. Smile
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it has taken this long but my bumps are almost gone. I tried just about everything mentioned here. It was a lot of trial and error but the things that worked best are ocm, followed by several drops of straight tea tree oil massaged in right after and moisturized with Jason organics vanilla hand and body lotion which contains bha's.

This is somewhat time consuming but it's worth it because the bumps were getting pretty bad and now they are almost nonexistent.

Thanks to Everyone for your suggestions. I don't know what I would do without all of your help. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |