Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Looking for a good make-up remover
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Im looking for a good make-up remover to remove everything from lipstick, foundation to mascara. I've tried the Vichy make-up solution, that was pretty good but i want a change. Any suggestions on a make-up remover that is not only for the eyes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
Im looking for a good make-up remover to remove everything from lipstick, foundation to mascara. I've tried the Vichy make-up solution, that was pretty good but i want a change. Any suggestions on a make-up remover that is not only for the eyes?
Have you thought of using plain old jojoba oil? It removes the makeup (including waterproof eye makeup) and also helps regulate dry or oily skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
No i have not tried of using that... hmm that may be something to consider! But i am prone to breakouts so i dont want something too oily. But my skin is also quite dry, so i dont want a make-up remover that will dry up the skin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
No i have not tried of using that... hmm that may be something to consider! But i am prone to breakouts so i dont want something too oily. But my skin is also quite dry, so i dont want a make-up remover that will dry up the skin
Contrary to popular belief, oil doesn't cause breakouts nor clog pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
^ oh thats interesting, i always thought oil clogged pores Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use Jojoba Oil to remove all my make-up including my eye make-up.
Jojoba Oil is the best one you can use for oily skin, I also use it as a night time moisturiser.
Oils are ideal for combination skin especially if you have dry skin too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I use Jojoba Oil to remove all my make-up including my eye make-up.
Jojoba Oil is the best one you can use for oily skin, I also use it as a night time moisturiser.
Oils are ideal for combination skin especially if you have dry skin too.

where can I get Joboba oil???

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I just started to use the OCM. My skin is mixed oily on nose and chin and dry over the rest. I second what everyone is saying using the right oils cleans and seems to control the oils on the oily parts while not damaging the dry spots (I've been having winter face chapping). I have a mix with jojoba that I like.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie you should be able to buy it on line, there are tons of sites that sell it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Chrissie you should be able to buy it on line, there are tons of sites that sell it.

thanks....I was wasted Mad almost a half a tank of $2.49 a gallon gasoline driving around town looking for Jojoba oil. The internet is good!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:00 am      Reply with quote
you should be able to find it in health care/food shops as well...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
novella

Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
the philosophy is a excellent cleanser and eye makeup remover try gatineau its the same ph as your tears!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I use Lancome or Cle de Peau eye makeup remover.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I use aveeno (sp?) oatmeal bar and sometimes neutragena bar soap. It seems to remove everything without stripping my skin...if I wear a lot of eye makeup I usually use OCM. Good Luck!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Just to let you know that I also use Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin because it can remove make-up and eye make-up without irritating my eyes.
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is perfect for what you are looking for. It removes everything and still rinses clean! Smile It doesn't break me out either.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have luck with Cetaphil alone, also. But if I wear especially heavy eye makeup, I use good old Ponds cold cream before cleansing.

My mother swears by baby oil but I remember reading once that baby oil in the eye area is bad.... just don't recall why! hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
LandB wrote:
My mother swears by baby oil but I remember reading once that baby oil in the eye area is bad.... just don't recall why! hmm
I heard the same thing. I think it's because baby oil is a "mineral" oil and therefore petroleum-based which isn't a good idea to use around the eyes. Although if that is truly the reason, then you probably shouldn't use Vaseline to remove your eye makeup either (which my mother did religiously for years!)....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I have been known to use Baby Wipes to remove myt eye make-up, they work suprisingly well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
The OCM is the best I've found. I was hesitant to use it at first because I thought, "Oh my God, I'm rubbing olive/castor oil on my face and grinding it into my pores! How can this work? I'm soooo going to breakout."

But I didn't and it removed my makeup and left my skin really soft. I just had a hard time believing oil can clean.

I also really like the BB tub soap and on my lazy days the Dove facial clothes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
For those users of jojoba oil to remove eye make-up...do u just rinse off with water after or do u still use a cleanser to remove the oily film? I dont feel v comfortable with the oily film but dont want to use facial cleanser around the eye area....
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Eve Lom. Awesome for removing all make-up and leaving skin baby soft yet without clogging pores.

But I seem to be the only fan of this cleanser here on the boards.. Embarassed Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:33 am      Reply with quote
mojocat, I normally cleanse as I normally would after using the Jojoba Oil to take off my make-up Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |