Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Dermalogica Treatment Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes, another Dermalogica review Wink And I¡¯m (still) yet to try out the Microfoiliant!

I felt Dermalogica's foundation was not particularly long-lasting, at least in comparison to my current foundations -- Armarni and Bobbi Brown. In addition, it did not blend as well into my skin, which was not simply a case of colour mis-match. Rather, I felt as though the product itself did not 'sit' on the skin very evenly.

I guess a redeeming point would be that it would deliver minimal aggravation to any skin condition, after all, it has the word 'treatment' in it :P This is a huge selling point for me, as I can't stand the idea of foundation with oils &/or ingredients which clog pores.

Far from my favourite foundation, but still a possible choice for Dermalogica die-hards Very Happy
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sable,

First of all, you've GOT to try the daily microfoliant. You will LOVE it. It's just a powder form, as you've likely read from other reviews on the forum, and all you have to do is add water and rub your hands together to form a paste (foam). I've been using it for a few months now and it really does help to brighten your skin. I'm not too keen on using products with hydroquinone or products specifically geared at whitening/brightening, but the microfoliant helps a LOT . . . but it's so gentle . . . so it's a great product -- definitely try it next time you've run out of your usual exfoliant.

As for Dermalogica's treatment foundation -- I'm a Bare Escentuals nut myself . . . but the Treatment Foundation is really great. Like you said, it doesn't really clog pores cuz it's a "treatment." I use the 2G shade and it works really well. If you want more coverage, you can use the treatment foundation as a concealer / base (just on problem spots) and then use the Bare Escentuals minerals (or whatever your usual foundation is) over that. I really like it -- and the little tube will last me a LONG time at this rate!

It doesn't seem to wear out on me . . . but then again, I always wash my face the moment I get back home . . . but there's always something to wash off so it's still there! Smile I use the treatment foundation when I want natural, light coverage that doesn't feel too greasy. I usually just dab it on problem spots and I'm out the door.

Again, TRY THE MICROFOLIANT! Smile
Lisa
Mabsy

Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Surprised You haven't tried the Microfoliant!? You really REALLY should! Sorry to impose my product 'loves' on you but it's a great exfoliator! Cool
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |