Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lauren Hutton Face Disk yellow Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

Ok, some of you may know I am a Bobbi Brown lover, but I must admit.....I loves me some Lauren now too! Very Happy

I received my face disk and I LOVE IT!!!! She does charge too much for shipping ($8.95, but I snagged it during a free shipping offer - LH60) and it takes awhile 3-10 days...expect closer to the ten day mark.

Customer Service: Anyway, the website didn't let me input the code, but her customer service rocks! I was able to contact them and they refunded my shipping charge immediately. I also decided I DO need her brush set (mine is sadly lacking) and they not only sent it out the same day, but didn't charge me for the shipping on that either!!

Video Review: The video was about 15 minutes, but worth more than I can describe. Lauren walks you thru her disk with brushes (she doesn't push hers but does suggest similiar styles). I found the video easy and now my morning makeup really IS faster.

Tinted moisterizer: Nothing amazing here. It is a sheer moisturizer. But I had found that this is enough coverage if I follow her advice. Now, for me that is amazing!

FYI: For the record, I love foundation. I just turned 33, I have large pores, oily, and do have mild adult acne (my monthly joy). I never thought I would go without foundation. I have worn Estee Lauder for years and switched to BB two years ago. I have tried other brands and skin care, but have always returned to EL skin care. This is the first time I have gotten better results and I don't think I have ever looked better! I have everyone here to thank!!

Right now, I use the OCM with Rose, ylang, lemon EO. I have been lazy and I bought the organic Almond butter (Raw & creamy) which works fantastic!! I will most likely never grind another almond Laughing
I use Thayers Rose Toner (another amazing find...I did think I stumbled on a gem, but someone beat me to a review. Pooh!), and HH Vit C serum. I also made a batch of oil using jojoba, grapeseed, Rose absolute, geranium, and lavendar. I love it. I use it to moisturize at night and as a scent on my neck during the day.

The skin care routine with the LH face disk makes me look younger and just look better!

Ok, now for the break down. The techniques Lauren Hutton shows in the video are amazingly easy. Check out her informercial. HSN carries her line, but I couldn't get it in my color. Also, if you have brushes you can buy her informercial deal without the brushes for $59 plus s&h. Her disk has everything you could need and the pots come out for easy replacement.

Red: The concealers are nice. They are a bit small and of the four given I only use 2, but when I run out I'll just double the colors I like. It is nice that you can mix them to match your skin perfectly. I noticed I can't just use one plain, but if mixed it matches my skin. Also, they are nice since I have different color spots on different places on my face. I have a small dark mole near my eye and a few fading acne marks on my jawline. Using normal foundation, I needed something to cover it all. Now I am actually proud of my skin. I can cover my icky areas but not the whole face.

Orange: I love this product. It actually brings light to dark areas and when applied correctly looks sooooooo good!! LH applies this differently which is hard to describe. She puts a dab on the outer eye corner (which really brightens the face!!) and of course, the inner eye by the nose. This is also used on the top of the nose and around the nose. It goes in the lines of the mouth (from nostril to mouth corner) and genlty tapped in. It sounds weird, but what a difference it makes. I can't recommend this one enough! I admit I still like Bobbi Browns under eye conclear for the texture alone, but with LH I use such a small amount now in the right places that I still give it a thumbs up. I would not apply the LH as a normal UEC, I found it doesn't look good if too much it applied. This line is the first ever where the less you use the better you look!

Yellow: Face shaper. I also like the face power used here. It is so sheer and you don't notice it go on, but you just seem to look more vibrant. It contours the face, but doesn't look like you have anything on. It plays with shadows I guess. It is used with the kabuki brush (which I don't have yet), but I have gotten good results with a blush brush. I like this mostly because it helps make my large forehead look smaller.

Light green: Blush. I really like this color. It is so natural and looks great on. For more drama, apply another sweep. I like to use my BB pale pink shade on top of the LH one to give a little flushed look. It is so easy.

dark Green: Brows. I can't say much as I prefer the BB shade I have been using (Blonde).

Blue: This is the Pooch color. LH uses this on the sides of the nose (adding shawdow to slim the nose -opposite orange which adds light) and on the 'pooch' on the eye. I can't describe what the heck that is as I don't have a pooch problem. Anyway, she puts it on the inner eye on the lid and sweeps the brow bone. THis one I haven't mastered yet, but I'm ok with that.

Purple: Liner. Once again, I still prefer my BB ink liner in sable, but i think it is great to have one with the kit. LH suggests for darker women who fall in the yellow catagory to use these colors for brows. It gives the kit a bit more flexability.

Gray: Lip balm. Blah! This one I could do without, but I will probably replace it with carmex or something. It isn't anythig to write home about, but LH techniques with it are cool. She recommends puting on the lip balm before you start then going thru your routine. When you are done (purple) then take a finger and apply the blush to your lips. It lasts longer than lipstick and is just too easy. It really looks great and pulls the face together without looking heavy.

I admit I like make-up, but with CareKate and the OCM my skin is looking amazing. I just don't need such coverage from my makeup like I used to.

I highly recommend this product! It is pushed for women who don't wear foundation, but even with your own makeup the tips are worth learning. The case is light and easy to carry with you. I want the brushes since I think it will help even more. I only use my finger, a blush brush and brow brush and I love this kit. I can't wait for the 7 brushes to arrive.
I don't think this should just be aimed at mature women. All ages would look great with this! I have recommended it to my mom for my 15 year old sister. I think a teen is ideal for this line because at that age you want sheer. This would be great for a teenager learning about makeup because it is so natural and easy with the color coded brushes (once you get used to it). I hope this helps someone out there. YOu have all helped me and I love this forum. Have a great weekend everyone!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I am so happy to read you wonderful review on LH Face Disc. I LOVE it! It totally transforms your look. Somehow you look so much more alive and fresh. It does wonders for the nose to mouth shadow. Love the color of her blush on my skintone. Very Happy There are many pots I do not use on a daily basis. The light concealer is my favorite pot. Wish you could get the concealer in a larger compact.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, this is my update:

I received my brush set about 3 days ago and WOW! What a difference the right tools make! I still love the kit, but with all her brushes it is much faster than I would have thought. I probably could go down to a michaels store and buy similar brushes (I swear one of these is from the Donna Dewberry collection Laughing ), but I am happy with my LH purchase. The brushes are kind of light feeling, but they go perfectly with the disk and the travel pouch is great. It keeps them from taking on the shape of the bottom of my purse. Very Happy I love it and hope others will too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi all Lauren Hutton users! (WINNIE)

LH is looking for new folks for her infomercial. If you get chosen then you get a free trip to sunny california!

You need to send photos. I'm going to submit mine soon. I can't remember if the cut off is 1 Feb or 10 Feb.

It'd be fun to be on an informercial!! Not to mention a free family vacation. Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |