Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

looking for perfect skin care line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BabyGrrl143
5% products discount

Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking for a good, inexpensive skin care line that is natural. Basically ones that avoid these ingredients:
* cortisone, tar, anti-biotics, steroids, phosphates
* dyes, colorings, fragrances
* mineral oil, paraffin, lanolin, petrolatum, PVP/VA copolymer, DEA, TEA, MEA
* alcohols, formaldehyde, acetone
* alpha and beta hydroxy acids
* preservatives, parabens, ureas, propylene glycol
* sodium laurel or laureth sulfate, ammonium laurel or laureth sulfate.
I have sensitive skin that is oily in the t-zone in the late spring, summer and very early fall. Normal in the mid fall, then dry and flaky in the winter. Then its normal again in the early and mid spring. I get mild breakouts (though on I'm b5 and my skin is looking really clear and it hasn't even been a whole month). Though my main problem is how sensitive my skin is. I'll break out alot if a product irritates me and my skin feels itchy alot. It's probably dehydrated. It's also prone to redness. no matter how clear my skin looks I still feel I have to wear foundation (I'm using mineral makeup) because of the blotchiness. I also have a big problem with puffy eyes. I've found that normal skincare brands (like Neutrogena, Biore, Loreal etc) are ruining my skin. So I'm looking for completely natural skin care. Thanks!
Caspers Mum

Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Wow ... you've really limited your skincare choices!Surprised Know that completely "natural" products have to made by you, or a company that specializes in these. Example: Lush. There are no preservatives, derivatives, etc. Most products on the market have to have ingredients that stabilize & preserve them - otherwise, they spoil quickly, change in consistancy, emulsify, etc.

Decleor and Yonka are two brands that you might consider if you're looking for lines that offer plant-based ingredients.

thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
babygrrl143,
I understand about your concerns with ingredients cause I'm vegan (no animal products or by-products), plus I avoid mineral oil and sodium lauryl sulfate... I agree with Casper's Mum's recommendations. You could also try Arbonne or Kiss my face which is completely natural, organic with no preservatives and are cruelty free. I actually love their botanical acne gel, it works the best! Only thing I hate about it, it's so liquidy that sometimes a lot of the product comes out unexpectedly. What are you using now?
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I also really like Sothys, Orlane, and Dermalogica. Summertime girl has written great Phytomer reviews, Chunlisa knows the Yonka line, and Alohagirl has really sensitive skin and has success with the Orlane VIT-A-MIN line. These are all high quality products, so I wouldn't say they come at drugstore prices. But EDS does have the best prices I have found, plus great service :P
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
BabyGrrl, reading your post was like reading my own biography! Even the part about wanting all natural products.

For the last 14 years, I've been somewhat of a "health nut" (I eat organically, clean my home without chemicals, etc.) When it comes to food ingredients, my motto is: If you can't pronounce it--DON'T EAT IT!

My skin has always been super sensitive, and I assumed that the reason it wouldn't tolerate skincare products is because they weren't "natural" enough. Over the years, I've tried the most natural products I could find from the health-food stores, mail-order companies, and laboratories that specialize in such things. Unfortunately, these products caused more irritation and breakouts than the chemical brands.

Finally, I accepted the fact that dehydration and lack of cleansing were destroying my skin and causing premature ageing. I gave up on the idea of "all natural" skincare and tried a high quality line from Paris called "Orlane." My skin loves it!

I have to admit, though, the chemicals and perfumes they use make me nervous. I'd like to find a skincare line that at least makes an attempt to be natural. Decleor is getting rave reviews even from people with sensitive skin, so I'm going to try it. I just ordered some from EDS and I'll soon post the results.

--Alohagirl;)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |