Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Breezy 42,
Where do you get your oil based vitamin C ? Do you always use an oil based or just after rolling?
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda,
I'll tell you what I did because lighting conditions always make sm's look different as we know. I waited till night time so that there was no natural light coming in because it is always different. However my bathroom lighting is always the same & it is bright incandescent. I did not use a flash because the bright white light washes out white marks. I took the before pix this way & I will take the afters in the same way & in the same position.
Hope this helps.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bev,

I actually don't use any Vitamin C after rolling, only because I don't have a Vitamin C oil based serum. I do make a serum with water
(I use 1 tsp of L-ascorbic acid powder for 100 ml of water), but I wait for two to three days before applying it so I don't burn the skin. I would use an oil-based serum if I had it, though.

On the "Vitamin C serum post dermarolling" thread, Kassy A suggested http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-high-potency-ser-p_346.htm as a serum and jjbeacham uses IS Clinical's Pro-Heal Serum.

Maybe someone else will have a good recommendation,too. Smile
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Here is an oil based c-serum that looks really good for a great price. I am going to try it. Smile
http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/viewitem.asp?idproduct=150387
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Bev7429 wrote:
Here is an oil based c-serum that looks really good for a great price. I am going to try it. Smile
http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/viewitem.asp?idproduct=150387

Bev, that's the one I decided to try. It came today, and I love it. It's very rich and creamy, and feels amazing. I have that on and my Obagi C sunscreen on top, and my makeup looks really good, so I plan on using it quite a bit. The directions say to only use once or twice a week, but I am planning to use it more often than that. ~ JJ

P.S. I also use IS Clinical ProHeal, but I was intrigued by the many different forms of Vitamin C in the Jason Hyper-C Serum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! isn't that a conincidence! Did you pay less than the 10.27 usd per container ? Are you going to roll with it on sm's?
Elle2009
5% products discount

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kay2008 and All, I have been busy and also put rolling on hold for a while so not checked in here but will resume rolling soon; want to get a 1.5mm roller and single needle which I pm'd Kay about.

As far as my prior treatments go I have treated my stretchmarks with a 1.0mm roller on my breast, inner and outer thighs and saw improvements I tried the 5 days light roll and then the monthly more agressive one but in addition, I had a dr treatment with the 1.5mm roller on my breast and they definitely look a lot better and firmer but still some way to go I feel. Before I had the roller treatment I had 2 TCA peels with prior sandpaper abrasion on my breast which also made a big difference to the depth of the stretchmarks.

Reviewing the above thus far I would say that the TCA peel/sandpaper abrasion made the SM's shallower and the roller made the SM's narrower.

If money was no object I'd have a every 6 week dr's roll with the 1.5. It hurt a lot even with numbing cream but the dr was really agressive but all for a good reason and I was actually suprised as to how often he was rolling over each sq cm of skin.

Right now I don't get freaked out anymore when I see my breasts and even find them pretty some days; whereas before all the treatments on my breast they were causing me major upset to outright been depressed Sad

This year starting in January I also improved my nutrition as I was on a poor diet before that and aside form eating the right food for skin health its the general health that benefits. I now eat a lot of oily fish and hempseeds, flaxseed and nuts as this contains omega3/6 and this is essential for so much more but does improve the skin as well.

I take MSM and this definitly made my skin better and shinier I take up to 10g daily
I also take Maca for PMS but it mineralises your body also benefits skin also 10g daily
I have recently started taking Barley grass which is said to be good for skin health and dry skin also 10g daily at the moment but should go up to 30g daily
I am planning on getting camu camu which is full of vit c and other good things and mix this with the MSM and barely grass as this should ensure that the minerals/vitamis work in synergy in the body which is required for many of them.

I am also educating myself on the folic acid daily requirements for skin health as I think this is another important nutrient.

I strongly believe that by eating right and derma rolling some very good improvements in stretchmarks can be obtained.

Hope everyone is well and having results and keep your spirits up Smile

Elle2009
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the great news Elle. I am sooo happy for you!
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Loosey wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:

Eureka!

I don't want to shout "MIRACLE' just yet BUT a small area of skin next to my belly button is not looking like chicken skin. It's smooth.
I noticed it last night, and it's still there this morning.
The area in question is just under 1 inch long and half an inch wide.
Could this really be the dermaroller?? I'm not doing anything else so I'm assuming it is.

How long ago was it since you started rolling? If it's less than three months then it's probably not reaaaal results (unless you have amazingly fast recovering skin Very Happy ) but I'm glad for you Very Happy

My 'good' skin patches are still there and slightly larger.
I had a thought whilst rambling on the Dermaroller thread on why I may have had such a quick result.
I used Retin A on my stomach for 6 months last year almost daily. No results but maybe what I've done is a 6 mth prepping of my skin. I still don't understand why my skin has reacted so quickly - no that I'm complaining - but trying to find some clues for everyone else.

From Dr. Fernandes article on PCI:
Preparing the skin
"Adequate nourishment of the skin with vitamin A (not necessarily as retinoic acid but also as retinyl esters, retinal, or retinaldehyde) will ensure that the metabolic processes for collagen production will be maximized and the skin will heal as rapidly as possible."
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Miranda, what type of retin A did you use & where did you purchase it, may I ask?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
It was /is Retina-A 0.1% Ortho Dermatologial by Johnson & Johnson. I can't for the life of me remember the site I bought it from, but it was a North American one (I bought 3 tubes).

However Bev, I'm not sure if you're watching the 'Dermarolling' thread but a couple of people have warned me not to use Retin-a after DR'ing - and they've made some valid points. The discussion is on the last two pages so you don't have to trawl thru it.

BTW I got a reasonable pic of SM's today, but it's so hideous and unflattering, I need to gather courage to post it!
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Miranda, thank you for the info. Just wondering how do you use your retin a in conjuction with your rolling program? & then I had to laugh after what you said. I posted my photo thinking that if I didn't attach a photo of my face than I would be less embarassed Laughing
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Bev7429 wrote:
Miranda, thank you for the info. Just wondering how do you use your retin a in conjuction with your rolling program? & then I had to laugh after what you said. I posted my photo thinking that if I didn't attach a photo of my face than I would be less embarassed Laughing

Bev at least your photo was kind of sexy - I think most men would enjoy looking at your lovely thigh Wink (do men notice SM's the same way as women do??) My pic just looks revolting!

Well, last year from March til Sept, I applied Retin-A every night or if I forgot, in the morning (read somewhere on DR thread, Tretinoin is a night-time working cream). I had alot of peeling but my SM's never changed.
Now I roll, have a shower, apply RetinA mixed with hempseed oil (for vit E & omegas) and a vit C powder. I know the Retin-A guidelines say you should wait 20 mins after a shower to apply it, but I just make sure I'm completely dry. At the moment after DR'ing is the only time I bother applying R-A. Often a week later I will get flakes and then I use my Timepeel Microdermabrasion to blast the flakes. Sometimes I will put the HS Oil onto my skin.

FYI I had 8 sessions of microdermabrasion at saloon 8 mths after baby but that did nothing to the SMs.
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Miranda, thank you for your sweet words,when I think of my thighs, I never quite think "sexy".
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:52 am      Reply with quote
I think that these dastardly things (sm's) are always revolting in the eyes of the beholder!
Thanks for your routine, I'm sure you've probably posted it several times. I am wondering about using retinyl palmitate right after rolling along with an oil based vit c serum made by Jason. What do folks think? Has anyone used both of these after a roll?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Bev7429 wrote:
I think that these dastardly things (sm's) are always revolting in the eyes of the beholder!
Thanks for your routine, I'm sure you've probably posted it several times. I am wondering about using retinyl palmitate right after rolling along with an oil based vit c serum made by Jason. What do folks think? Has anyone used both of these after a roll?

I was just going to refer you over to the Dermarolling thread (but seen you've been there). There's much talk about retinyl palmitate (I got throughly told off for using Retin-A on my face when rolling and told to use this). I wonder as RP is mild enough for the face it may not be strong enough for the stomach skin?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Wait, I'm confused now... so should we apply Retin-A 30 minutes after rolling or not? And I thought we shouldn't mix it with Vit C serum anyway (or is that different when it's oil based?)?
Confused
It's all gotten so confusing.
Also, what exactly is 302a and c?

Congratulations to everyone who saw improvemnt, though. Thanks a lot for letting the rest of us know, it really gives me hope!
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Penta, sorry that I caused the confusion. I was under the impression that we should not use Retin A or waterbased c on skin until 5-7 after a roll because of the strength of both.
However you could use a mild form of A in the eves & an oil based C the day (night) of a roll and then for next 5-7 days & then go back into the stronger versions. Am I off on this? Can someone please tell me?
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use Retinol Acetate and I use it immediately after rolling. I feel slight tingling sometimes.
Retinol Acetate slowly changes into retinoic acid in the skin so it is not as aggressive as Retin A.

I use vit. C before rolling but not 2days after rolling.
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
martel would you use an oil based C on the day of or after a roll vs. a L-asorbic acid? Also, may I ask where you purchased your retinyl palmimate?
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I made some research and I found this:

“Ascorbic acid is not fat soluble but ascorbyl palmitate is.
Ascorbyl palmitate is the most widely used fat-soluble derivative of vitamin C in skin care. It is nonirritating and more stable than vitamin C. Furthermore, ascorbyl palmitate is a fat-soluble antioxidant and is at least as effective as vitamin E in protecting the skin from lipid peroxidation (a key type of free radical damage in the skin).
Unfortunately, it appears that the concentrations of ascorbyl palmitate achievable in skin care formulas do not boost collagen synthesis as much as vitamin C.”

I had the same problem as you.
I emailed with Sarah Vaughter, she said vit.C stays it the skin from 30 to 70 hours so if you prepare your skin with vit C , there is no need to apply it directly after rolling because there is still vit. C in your skin.
She said to put vit. C one hour or so before rolling and then you really don't need to put it just after rolling because your vit.C skin concentrations will be high.
She said to dilute ascorbic acid serum to a very low concentration if you really want to use it directly after rolling but there is no need for it.
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
As far as vit. A , I am using retinyl acetate. I bought a dermarolling kit from http://www.owndoc.com/ and it included a cream with retinyl acetate. She explained me that retinyl acetate is not retinoic acid (Retin A). Retinyl acetate is slowly transformed in the skin into retinoic acid and you can apply it straight after rolling. I feel slight tingling but not always.
I am using her single needle and I am really excited about my results. None of my stretchmarks disappeared but they look so much better that I am not sooo frightened about summers. I was always depressed to expose my skin. She wrote me that none of their customers achieved a total disappearance of stretchmarks, nevertheless lots of them achieved really good improvement , some only a slight one.
The downside is that it is laborious and that my boyfriend now thinks I am crazy cause I have those needled stripes and it takes some time to heal. I cannot hide it from him but I amhappy it works
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
marta1, that it is great news!!!! I am so glad it's working for you! Smile I have done two rolls so far, and although it has only been two months, I am noticing some small improvements. I was so thrilled when my husband commented on how my legs looked better. I will continue to roll every month. Keep us updated on your progress.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, I see. So is it just because Retin A would be too strong?
Nice to hear success stories, keep'em coming, ladies Very Happy
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Hmm, I see. So is it just because Retin A would be too strong?
Nice to hear success stories, keep'em coming, ladies Very Happy

I've been using Retin-A 0.1% and just did my third (or is now fourth) stomach roll last night.
I'm getting a noticeable 'breaking up' of my 5yr old milder SM's. The really deep ones on my hip are in a much more sensitive area so I can't press so hard there but I really press hard closer to my button and that's where I've seen the results.
I combine the RA application with hempseed oil and apply it 15 mins after showering, which I do just after rolling.
My advice if you're concerned or wanting to use RA is to use it on your skin a few weeks before rolling so your skin can get used to it (it's also recommended that you 'prepare' your skin for rolling by applying it beforehand).
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |