Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
This is a thread for discussion of Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

The discussion of the exercises started on Do you do Facial Exercises? thread
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17697&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Great thread, thank you!

Could you please tell me, (if you know), how many pages the 'download' version is? I'm thinking printing it out would be more convenient..

Thanks!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Great thread, thank you!

Could you please tell me, (if you know), how many pages the 'download' version is? I'm thinking printing it out would be more convenient..

Thanks!

Hi Kassy Smile

The download and the book are both 111 pages (I've just added specific info about handling the skin rather than just suggesting people do it!) The book is probably easier to deal with... it's a bit more expensive because obviously it costs more to produce, but not much.

mpstat, thank you again

((((hugs) Loulou

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mpstat, you beat me to it....I wrote LL and suggested this very thing last night! Thanks!

Kassy, the download is 106 pages. But you really only need to print the sections with the exercises (a much smaller quantity).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you made this a separate thread, mpstat, cuz it is quite worthy of it! I have been doing my Ageless exercises for 3 days now and I'm impressed at how quickly I can get thru them. I can feel the muscles working too! The lip exercises are my favorite - I can see it working already, and I am more conscious now of how I hold my face....avoiding that droopy, scowl-y, lips-pressed-together look!

As I said before, I am happy that I don't have to place my fingers into my mouth to achieve the cheek exercises - I'm weird about that! I was seeing some great results with FE, but am happy I don't need to spend as much time now, and look forward to getting that beautiful jawline and neck that LouLou has! Thanks so much LouLou for your book and to mpstat for posting this separate thread =). Go for it, Kassy! I downloaded the pages and placed them between plastic sleeves and into a ring-binder....I'm not good at waiting for mail to arrive....I had to get started - time's a-wastin'....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you one and all for the lowdown.. Very Happy

Beth: That's a great idea to just print the exercises..

mpstat: Thanks for starting this thread, and for the exitement you generated about it.. Very Happy (You too Beth!)

fawnie: I agree with everything you said...Especially the instant gratification part, and not having to wait for the snail mail.. Very Happy

I have the FE program since the spring, and it's sitting in the draw with my Carol Maggio book, and the Facial Magic DVD... I love LouLou's get down to the nitty gritty approach best though.....Because I'm a lazy slug, and can't even think about devoting 30 minutes a day to facial exercise.. Sad Besides all that, I still didn't get my FE code, even after buying the "entire" program for a 2nd time, but I won't go there in this thread...grrrr!)

Okay, off to whip out the bloody credit card.. Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

I love this freaking thread ... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
It's amazing how excited buying new 'rejuvenating' stuff gets me... In my haste to download, I forgot to enable "double sided printing", and had to keep filling the paper.. Sad Just want to throw that reminder out there..

In the mean-time, I can't wait to dig into this book! Just from the little bit I saw while printing, it looks concise, to the point, and tons of info in 111 pages.. (I can't wait to dig into the "cheek" chapter, because I really think that's the secret to a youthful look.)

LouLou, you rock.... Dancing Dancing Dancing

I'm off to relieve DH of one of his 'binders', and dig out the hole puncher......I'm so excited, I can't stand it..

fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I can't wait to dig into the "cheek" chapter

haha Kassy! I just got a visual of you diggin in and grabbing your little cheeks!!

You really DO have to dig into your cheeks and pinch, pull and tug....I was amazed at it, but it's givin me a real workout, I gotta tell ya! And only 5 minutes a day! I can sleep late now that I don't have to get up before DH to get my exercises done before he spies me at the kitchen table with my fingers in my mouth!!

Not to put down the FE program cuz I did get hooked on it and started getting excellent results, but I'm a big believer in working smarter not harder (lazy). I'm all about the simplicity!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I downloaded and saved the book in my computer. But I only printed out some of the earlier pages and the exercises. I was surprised that I could see improvement immediately after doing the exercises. It just goes to show how slack I've been holding my facial muscles all this while.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have FE and love it. I think many of us who do FE are also happy to incorporate another approach which works in a shorter way. Lou Lou and her book "Ageless if you Dare" has provided this. For me - I have been alternating now and I am DELIGHTED for this opportunity. No longer feeling guilty for "missing" a day. I used to read on FE - mostly Sean who is so knowledgable and stresses the importance of the everyday - all 40 and I think he is right. The tone and commitment and work out is important and feels great. But for me when I would miss a day or two I'd feel like a failure and that I had lost out on time and no way to make it up.... Now, when time gets tight or even if I have other things, I can manage a hard core 5 minutes - and LOVE IT when I can't do the 30. I feel the muscles working hard, know I'm doing something and the results are obvious. Feel like I have the best of both worlds. Thanks Lou Lou. Very Happy

Hugs,
Sis
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I think my FE code came in a letter with my book and CD - If I'm not mistaken. Maybe Kassie threw hers away? I wrote mine inside my book so I wouldn't (I know how I am!)....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I have FE and love it. I think many of us who do FE are also happy to incorporate another approach which works in a shorter way. Lou Lou and her book "Ageless if you Dare" has provided this. For me - I have been alternating now and I am DELIGHTED for this opportunity. No longer feeling guilty for "missing" a day. I used to read on FE - mostly Sean who is so knowledgable about the importance of the everyday - all 40 and I think he is right. The tone and commitment and work out is so important and feels great. But for me when I would miss a day or two I'd think I'd lost out on something so valuable Sad and "lost" time. Now, when time gets tight or even if I have other things, I can manage a hard core 5 minutes - and LOVE IT when I can't do the 30. I feel the muscles working hard, know I'm doing something and the results are obvious. Feel like I have the best of both worlds. Thanks Lou Lou. Very Happy

Hugs,
Sis

Sis, I agree about having the best of both worlds.

Since I started The Job From Hell, I haven't been able to spend the required time on FE, so it is nice to have a shorter option that works the upper face better than my Facial Flex. But having both FlexEffect and Ageless opens up a lot more options.

I think that Ageless is also a good way to introduce someone to facial exercise...if they decide they want to spend more time and add more exercises, FlexEffect is the logical next step!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
.... No longer feeling guilty for "missing" a day. I used to read on FE - mostly Sean who is so knowledgable and stresses the importance of the everyday - all 40 and I think he is right. The tone and commitment and work out is important and feels great. But for me when I would miss a day or two I'd feel like a failure and that I had lost out on time and no way to make it up....

This is exactly the feeling I used to have before switching to 2+1 and since a week ago every other day schedule!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat - Hi there! Can you clarify more of what you just wrote? Did you go to 2 days FE and 1 Ageless and do you mean you are now ...one day FE, next day Ageless....

thanks... Sis
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia,
It's nice to hear you miss days... Laughing I'm sure with twins you feel like you miss the world at times but you don't - it's all right there running around! Good for you.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
mpstat - Hi there! Can you clarify more of what you just wrote? Did you go to 2 days FE and 1 Ageless and do you mean you are now ...one day FE, next day Ageless....

thanks... Sis

When I wrote 2+1, I meant that I started doing two days of exercises followed by one day off. And for every other day, I meant one day of exercises followed by one day off. Just like you, I was feeling guilty when I missed a day of exercises from my schedule, then I discussed the schedule with another EDS member, and as a result switched to 2+1 schedule. After reading Loulou's approach, I switched to every other day schedule, and do not feel guilty any more, especially since I am in a maintenance mode.

I still do lots of my variations of FlexEffect especially advanced exercises when you put fingers in your mouth (I find them very effective), meanwhile trying to incorporate some of Loulou's suggestions that might suit me.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
All,

I am having a problem doing some of the grips in LL's book...it's like I can't get enough loose skin to really get a solid grip in order to do the exercises. Confused

I end up doing more of a resistance thing against the muscles...do you think that is ok?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

thanks... Sis

When I wrote 2+1, I meant that I started doing two days of exercises followed by one day off. And for every other day, I meant one day of exercises followed by one day off. Just like you, I was feeling guilty when I missed a day of exercises from my schedule, then I discussed the schedule with another EDS member, and as a result switched to 2+1 schedule. After reading Loulou's approach, I switched to every other day schedule, and do not feel guilty any more, especially since I am in a maintenance mode.

I still do lots of my variations of FlexEffect especially advanced exercises when you put fingers in your mouth (I find them very effective), meanwhile trying to incorporate some of Loulou's suggestions that might suit me.

How long have you been at the exercises?
I'm five months and it's pretty comfortable but I think I need to keep at everyday - at least variations for a while.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:36 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
All,

I am having a problem doing some of the grips in LL's book...it's like I can't get enough loose skin to really get a solid grip in order to do the exercises. Confused

I end up doing more of a resistance thing against the muscles...do you think that is ok?

Hi Bethany,

I think I know what you mean... on some ex you have to push your fingers and thumb into your face instead of squeeze them together? That's fine. Sorry, I used to have a note at the start of the exercise section suggesting this, but I seem to have lost it in revision Confused

I'll put it back in right away, thanks for the heads up, brilliant that you figured out the solution on your own and congratulations on not having much loose skin Laughing

LL Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia, and thanks for your good wishes. It sounds as if your twins are thriving! Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
The cover of book shock me.I should download it,and print.
Thanks.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:09 am      Reply with quote
How long does it take to do Lou Lou's exercises? I bought flexeffect but I am kinda overwhelmed by the amount of time it takes....I work a lot so I do the Facial flex since its only 2 minutes a day.Has anyone seen results from Lou Lou?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Isnt Lou Lou from flex effect?I thought she was one of the students-turned trainer....are her exercises different?I know the back cover says 5 minutes a day thats a lot easier than 20....
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lucy, it is me from FE. I just started to develop my own ideas and thought I'd set em down Very Happy

My exercises are different to FE, but like FE they're resistance exercises, so if you do FE you don't actually need to do mine unless you fancy a change!

My book is about isolating the parts of the face that I think really benefit from strengthening and building. There are ten main exercises, you do five a day, and then there are 6 exercises to be done once a month to keep the rest of the facial muscles from drooping. I don't try to build those though.

LL
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Anyone who has the book/download of Ageless before I added pages 107-111, please email me and I'll email them to you.

I'm at LouiseAnnetteUk@aol.com

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |