Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
curlygirlie

Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I think I've tried every oil control lotion on the market - drug store to $$$$$ and they all have one thing in common - they make my face break out both with acne and with little white bumps! Dermalogia was recommended here and after a sample to try I bought some. It is the best! OK I have to admit I still get oily breakthrough but in 38C 100% humidity weather who wouldn't Wink It helps to keep the oil down (on moderate and cold days, no oil) and my skin looks better then without it! If you're looking to control oil during the day I'd definitely give it a try - and a little goes a loooooong way too! Smile
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion (59 ml / 2 oz.)
Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion (59 ml / 2 oz.)

A feather-light lotion with microsponge technology to absorb excess facial oil throughout the day, maintaining a matte finish. Exclusive Skin Response Complex soothes and hydrates tight, irritated skin. Acne-prone/oily skin conditions.

ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
:/ I'm sad to see that this product is discontinued.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use it too, it is very good. It stops my nose and forehead from producing too much oil.
One of my must have products.
innifree
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm afraid to say i don't think it's so good as some of the describes.

for the first time ,you will get a smooth felling with your oil nose,but it can not hold a long time.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think there is a product out there that will hold the oil in for long.

I have used everything under the sun and have found that within an hour or two of putting it on my face is very shiny.

There is a difference amongst products however which must be noted. Cheaper products tend to overdry your skin so the oil reproduction is worse than what you start off with in the morning. The more expensive and the so called non-drying products are a lot better since they do not make your skin tight and too dry so you do not notice the oil reproduction as soon and you feel more comfortable.

I use Sothys Active Cream at the moment for my acne and oil control and I can't complain. It's a lot better than anything I've tried before. It makes my skin soft, matte and I don't even feel it on my face. The oil reproduces soon after however but I guess that's the nature of my skin and I've learned to live with it. My mum also has oily skin, she's now 47 and has less wrinkles than a lot of women in their early and mid 30s that I know Smile.
keechuah kua
5% products discount

Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:59 am      Reply with quote
makes my face oilier!! Sad
lily_lily
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:13 am      Reply with quote
My husband has used this product in this summer.It minimized the appearance of surface oil and shine, but it couldn't last long time.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:23 am      Reply with quote
keechuah kua wrote:
makes my face oilier!! Sad

i have also found that a lot of products make your condition worse. i don't know why that's the case. maybe it has the drying effect and then your skin produces even more sebum because it's stripped of its natural one. it's weird.
peachy3001
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this moisturizer for a couple of years now and I find it very effective for my oily skin.
Has it really been discontinued? I cannot seem to purchase it on EDS anymore.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
It is ferfct for me, I am oily skin,Smile
cacipony
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:39 am      Reply with quote
im using the MAC oil control lotion for the past few days, and it think i have more white bumps now!

will try the dermalogica, but is it discontinued??? Sad

will check the spa at my place.
christophe
5% products discount

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
it si so hard to find a good moisturizer with sunscreen which leave a matt finish, so sometimes, this kind of product is needed,

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Oh, that's too bad that they don't sell it anymore.
peachy3001
5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
This has not been discontinued
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
peachy3001 wrote:
This has not been discontinued

Peachy3001, interesting, every single post of yours is about Dermalogica products. Neutral

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think what you must realize is that your skin is producing oil to moisturize itself and protect from dryness. The more cleaning and scraping you do to your face the more oil it will produce to try and compensate for the lost oil.
For those of us with oily T-zone for example, the trick is to find a real good moisturizer so that it has just the right type and amount of moisture that the skin does not feel compelled to produce more. All these "technologies" in a cream (go figure, do they have nano mechanisms running there?) is total BS because they can use clay, corn starch or chemical crap that absorbs moisture & oil can never last too long (and I wouldn't want clay actually staying on my face as opposed to rinse off product. What you really can do is work WITH your skin, not against it. Don't overdo it with cleansers, and let it relax and breath and excrete during the night. I have read and completely agree with Dr.H motto. I found that once I started using Dr. H day rose light cream, with time my skin figured it has enough moisture and stopped shining like crazy.
I stopped having to apply mineral makeup as much as I used to.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |