Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Dr. Hauschka Normalising Day Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Well, crossing my fingers here, but, I *think* my skin is liking this!

I noticed how much cheaper the Dr. H face oil is compared to my beloved Decleor Ylang-Ylang and decided to give it a try.

I must say, peanut oil...? Shock However, it's been three days now and I haven't had a breakout. It seems to sink in better than the Ylang-Ylang and leaves my skin with more of a naturally radiant look and feel. I've learned by now to not trust my "mass-market instinct," cultivated by years of OIL-FREE, EVIL OIL! ads by Cover Girl, Oxy, etc. Instead, it's "I trust you, Dr. Hauschka... I know you shall not let me down" Pray Laughing

If I continue to not have any problems with pimples from this, I'll definately be making it my top skincare pick for the summer and perhaps beyond Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
This review comes out at a good time! I got a trial vial of this oil, but don't have any instructions. I suppose you only use it in the daytime and maybe 2-3 drops each time? Anyways, I am gonna try this out tomorrow, so please keep updating your experience!
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wawa wrote:
This review comes out at a good time! I got a trial vial of this oil, but don't have any instructions. I suppose you only use it in the daytime and maybe 2-3 drops each time? Anyways, I am gonna try this out tomorrow, so please keep updating your experience!

Yes, I have only used it during the day so far. Unlike the Decleor, it comes in a pump bottle, so, I use one pump for my face and neck. I'm not sure how many "drops" that amounts to.

By the way, after the gym, I went to the bookstore and was browsing the Dr. Hauschka one. What a lovely, little treat! It even has a little cookbook! Actually, I just reminded myself to see if Beautyhabit still has that special for the book as a GWP.

I could see myself reading that over and over in bed, with a cup of tea, falling asleep with visions of biodynamic farms and beautiful faces of all ethnic backgrounds.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I love this oil and am currently using it every morning. It smells absolutely divine, I do switch between this and Jojoba Oil but I think it is the scent that keeps me coming back to the Dr Hauschka.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Normalizing Day Oil for a couple of weeks and love it -- no break outs so far. I use it only during the day. At night, I am still using a mixture of emu oil and HA.
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I just noticed EDS sells the oil for $28, Sephora has it for $38! Shock Shock

I definately know where I'm buying my replacements Razz

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I agree that the smell of Dr. H is fabulous. Plus I recieved a sample of this at Whole Foods which has lasted me the month (still tons left!!)
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Can it be used under makeup?

cuz i use concealer and blemish stick
sassy180
5% products discount

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking about trying this. Can it be used under suncreen?
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this and find it nice. I wait until my skin dries and absorbs the oil before i put on make-up
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
sassy180 wrote:
I am thinking about trying this. Can it be used under suncreen?

I know this is a sensitive topic, but, I don't use "normal" SPF on a regular basis.

Now, I am a "recovering goth" with very pale skin. I get mistaken for 18 and I'm ten years beyond that :P

I use mineral makeup (sparingly, mostly as concealer) on top of face oils with unoffical SPF ratings (Hazelnut, Jojoba, etc) so, I figure, altogether, I get a decent amount of product SPF. I also stay out of the sun. I don't tuck and roll past well lit patches of NYC street to get into shadowy spots, but, I don't sunbathe and if I AM going to be in direct sunlight, I wear a cute sunhat from Anthropologie (God bless them for making dorky sunhats chic and oft coveted by strangers Smile )

BTW, speaking of combining the mineral makeup with the Normalising Oil - I've never had the mineral makeup go on as easily as when I do use face oils. They melt right in and become completely natural looking.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, you can use the Normalizing Oil under make-up. I haven't used it for a while now, but I just ordered some. When I am using it, I usually wash my face, tone, apply the normalizing oil, then go and eat breakfast, or get dressed, or something to allow it time to absorb, then come back and put on my make-up. I never had a problem with it.
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
yeah, thats what i'm afraid of.

i haven tried the texture yet and will be very soon.
i afraid that it'll just melt into ur skin mixing together with the oil and u'll end up as if u hadn't put anything on but in fact u already pile on tons of them...
LuckyCharms

Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the normalising day oil for about a week now and so far so good! Smells nice.
I have had a couple of breakouts but can't blame the day oil just yet!
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
is the oil only for daytime? or night too? I need a light moisturizer for both day and night.
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
hopemelody wrote:
is the oil only for daytime? or night too? I need a light moisturizer for both day and night.

According to Dr.H's philosophy, you should only use the oil (or any other moisturizer for that matter) in the daytime, while use only toners/conditioners at night so that your skin can detox/breath on itself at night.
nyjlm
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Wawa wrote:

According to Dr.H's philosophy, you should only use the oil (or any other moisturizer for that matter) in the daytime, while use only toners/conditioners at night so that your skin can detox/breath on itself at night.

I have oily skin and have been using the normalising oil exclusively for about three weeks now. I am not putting anything on at night (although I just got the rhythmic night so I'm using that) and my face has really loved the routine. I don't think my skin has ever had the oil under such control as now. I am using the diy dhcc (after trying the kit size one and loving it), diy acv toner, normalising oil, dr h clay mask and rhythmic night. I'm so happy!
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I do have to add in after almost a week of use that I believe the Decleor is better at controlling/fixing problem skin.

I think the Dr. H is great and especially good for maintaining, but, that the Ylang-Ylang is something I'd sooner reach for if my face was breaking out.

My skin was looking great and I decided to mess around with some large looking pores after a VERY intense french clay mask. Well, my skin looked red and bumpy today and my first reaction was to press on the Decleor, as it fixed me up in the first place when my skin was REALLY bad.

I guess together they make a great team. The fixer-upper and the maintenance crew Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
It could be my oily skin during summer, but I am loving Dr. H's philosophy now. I've found if I put only toner on my fact at night, my skin looks brighter and the redness from occasional breakout disappears pretty quickly. Not sure if this would still work in winter, but I am definitely having a good time now!
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have sensitive acne prone skin, but it also tends towards dryness (no, I don't understand). I have been only moisturizing during the day for ages now, and my skin has adjusted, and is able to handle that routine even in the winter. Just FYI. I just use the Dr. H toner at night.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I found that the more damp my skin was with the Clarifying toner upon application of the oil, the better it soaked into my skin.

I was using Dr H Norm. Oil before I got into Zenbiotic. I found that it did help normalize my skin but I was still experiencing dry patches. (weird since I have oily skin, right?) And I did see improvement in my skin overall. (But I've gotten even better results with Zenbiotic. (Sorry Dr. Hauschka)).

And I LOVED the smell. I still enjoy it when I use the toner and oil on my eczema outbreaks. When I put it onto my hands I can't keep them away from my nose! Laughing

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Both the Dr. Hauschka normalizing oil and the Decleor Ylang Ylang oils are great products. When I'm really oily and broken out I will go back to the Dr. Hauschka for awhile then resume my Decleor Ylang Ylang. The Dr. Hauschka is cheaper and you get more but for me will eventually dry my skin out if used for too long.
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
this is an okay product. it does absorbs quickly into my skin but peanut oil? i used the sample tube but nothing amazing happened to my skin so I stopped. Would not purchase the full size.
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
BTW i forgot to add. when i went to see my dermatologist for the 1st time, she was appalled to hear that i applied oil on my skin! I know how nature and science sometimes conflict but she cured my skin, so I'm taking her advice. If you have problem skin, don't mess around with it and see a dermatologist instead. You will be glad. I was.
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I used this years ago and it worked well. But I had to apply a really tiny amount, otherwise looking like a peace of bacon Shock .

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |