Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
:: Review :: Rave: Dr Hauschka Cosmetics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just realized that I have been raving about Dr H cosmetics in so many posts but I have never actually given my review of them. I have used several products in the line and love them all so here are my thoughts and opinions on everything I've tried:

Transluscent Foundation: Light and airy with good coverage and lasting stay. Blends perfectly with my skin tone. Never feels heavy or cakey. Gives a nice dewey glow and actually helps improve skin and helps heal blemishes with continued use.

Loose Powder: Excellent mattifier and not heavy at all. Perfect for overall coverage or for blotting. Goes on light and blends well. Scent is great.

Bronzing Powder: I use this as my blush or over all my face to just give me that healthy glow when I'm looking a little pallid or under the weather. Absolutely love it. Never gives that orangey look some bronzers do and blends well with natural pigments. Goes on lightly and lasts all day. Adds a beautiful luminosity to the skin.

Cover Stick: One of the best ones I've tried. Excellent coverage without any oily or cakey residue. Actually helps to diminish blemishes and heal skin.

Concealer: This one is a new addition I have been trying for a few weeks. After figuring out how to get it out of the tube LOL, I really liked the way the product came out. It reduces unnecessary product use and keeps the rest of the concealer clean and free of residue and oils. Great coverage.

Mascara: Excellent light mascara which lasts all day. Never clumps and goes on smooth. Scent is really nice as well.

Eyeliner: Non irritating. Great for sensitive eyes that are prone to infections from products like mine. Good colour selection although I wish they'd add a plum shade. Glides on easily and lasts.

Novum Lipstick: Love this lipstick! Smells great and doesn't taste bad if I lick my lips. Plus I don't have to worry about ingesting harnful chemicals and synthetic ingredients. Good lasting power and blends well with many lip liner shades.

Lip Care Stick:Ok this is not technically a cosmtic but it deserves mention as well. Not only does it smell great but it moisturizes extremely well and gives lips this beautiful juicy glow that I just adore. Sometimes I just ues this along with a lipliner instead of lipstick to give my lips a beautiful glossy sheen.

Overall, I highly recommend Dr H cosmetics. They are great quality, use excellent ingredients and actually help to improve skin rather than just covering up imperfections.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Translucent Make-Up (30 ml / 1 oz)
Dr Hauschka Translucent Make-Up (30 ml / 1 oz)

A gentle liquid foundation that enhances the skin's naturally radiant glow for a dewy, flawless look. Mineral pigments blend uneven pigmentation while plant extracts oils and waxes moisturize and protect.

Dr Hauschka Kajal Eyeliner (1 g / .037 oz)
Dr Hauschka Kajal Eyeliner (1 g / .037 oz)

Nature-inspired colors highlight the natural beauty of the eyes in soft or dramatic tones. Color glides on easily and remains fresh and vivid all day. Safe ingredients are suitable for those with even the most sensitive skin.

Dr Hauschka Mascara (6 ml)
Dr Hauschka Mascara (6 ml)

Natural mascaras made from organic and natural ingredients give eyelashes a silky, lush and vital color. Rose and jojoba wax protect the fine lashes while extracts of neem and tea leaves fortify. Extract of the healing euphrasia (eyebright) plant soothes the sensitive, allergy-prone area around the eye. Ideal for wearers of contact lenses. Dr. Hauschka Mascara has the exceptional ability to remain firm throughout the day.

Dr Hauschka Bronzing Powder - 01 Bronze (10 g / 0.35 oz)
Dr Hauschka Bronzing Powder - 01 Bronze (10 g / 0.35 oz)

Sun-kissed and glowing. This sheer powder adds a translucent bronzed effect to the skin for radiance that glows with vitality.
The sunny formulation combines mineral pigments with nourishing botanical ingredients such as witch hazel and sage to soothe, protect and comfort skin.

Dr Hauschka Concealer (2.5 ml / 0.08 floz)
Dr Hauschka Concealer (2.5 ml / 0.08 floz)

Beautifully balanced: Natural coverage conceals imperfections. The formulation combines mineral pigments with nourishing botanical ingredients such as calendula and shea butter to nurture skin.

jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wildflower, does the eyeliner stay on all day?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
Wildflower, does the eyeliner stay on all day?

It does for me. I guess I should specify that it's the eye pencil I use and not the liquid liner.
Mabsy

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm really glad to see you also had a good experience with the mascara - I *love* the Dr Hauschka mascara! I wish they also made it in a plum colour...

I have and like the translucent makeup. My initial impression of it was that it felt a bit thick/heavy as I was applying it but it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It's a keeper Smile
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the informative post, wildflower! I'm a huge fan of the mascara, eyeliner, lipsticks, lipliner, cover stick, and pressed powder. However, I haven't tried the foundation, concealer, or loose powder, and I've been wondering about them.

You're so right about the lip care stick and the lipliner pencil being a great combo. It's a perfect sheer look for summer. Of course, now Dr. H is tempting me with the liquid lipliners!

I also love Dr. H eyeshadows, and I'm hoping EDS will start to carry the solos.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
What? Liquid Lipliners? When did those come out? I never heard anything about it. Very interesting....
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not certain when the liquid lipliners were introduced. They're actually what led me to EDS. (I was comparing prices among various online sources for Dr. H products and happened to see the lipliners. I felt like I'd discovered gold!)

Strangely, my old online Dr. H source still isn't offering them.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, a correction to my previous posts--I said liquid lipliners when I meant to say lip glosses. Must stop posting on the fly! Apologies for the confusion.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification Shanno. I read your earlier post and I was still confused. I went to look at the Dr Hauschka products again today thinking EDS had added liquid lipliners and I had just missed them but now it all makes sense. Thought I was blind or losing my mind. LOL Wink
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower - i'm curious how the dr. h cover stick and liquid concealer compare? is there a strong reason to choose one vs. the other? i noticed that the cover stick is 25% off at the dr.h website, btw Smile i'm looking for a product that can work both under my eyes for brightening, and also on blemishes to tone down redness (without pore clogging). i'm also quite fair skinned . . .
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info as I want to switch my Dior cosmetics/make-up to another line. Just for a change.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Wow what a great review, you've tried everything! So far I've tried the mascara, pencil/kohl eyeliners & eyeshadows & I thought they were all great & non-rritating! I'm also interested in trying some of the lip products & blushes/bronzer. However I do wish there were some lighter shades available for the foundations though.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
You, guys, got me interested.

Will have to drop by the local Whole Foods to try the foundation.

Did anyone like eye shadows? Do they stay?

TIA,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
so i stopped by sephora and whole foods today to look at the dr.h cosmetics - i still need to try out the translucent bronze concentrate sample i got from sephora, and at w.f. i liked the color of the liquid concealer (they didn't have the stick anymore), but i think i might like the texture and healing properties of the cover stick more, so i might order it from the dr.h website. bummed though about the foundation - even the lightest shade was way way too orange and dark on my skin Sad (just for reference, i was looking at the larenim mmu at the same time, and i think i'm a match to their 2warm loose powder foundation) . . .
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I went to local WF and got some products.
So far -

the foundation is indeed lovely, but #1 is too dark for me.

the concealer (#1) - is not good for occasional reddness/pimples, but seems OK for the dry under eye area

the eye shadow (single #3) - the color is perfect, but where is it's staing power? It creased by mid day. No good.

the eye pencil - beutiful color (dark gray), does not irriatet my eyes; does not stay too well, but OK and I will keep it.

Sort of dissapointing, since I had such high hopes for that line (I am trying to switch to healthier makeup and was looking for cream foundation).

Thanks,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Dr H skincare, but haven't tried any of their makeup yet. I'm considdering getting True Cosmetics mineral foundation, but I'm wondering if I should give the Dr H foundation a go. Has anyone used both?
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
the dr. h foundation was way too dark and orange for me, even in the lightest shade Sad i had a much better color match in true, where i'm a fair #4.

fyi - there are a bunch of products on sale 25% off at the dr. h website - mascara, eyeshadow, cover stick, etc. that you might want to check out!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:

fyi - there are a bunch of products on sale 25% off at the dr. h website - mascara, eyeshadow, cover stick, etc. that you might want to check out!

ahhhh ... hear me scream ... I just ordered the mascara from EDS not 10 minutes ago.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sad so sorry i didn't post earlier - perhaps they'll let you cancel the order?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks but I think I'll just leave it be - I like getting one box. Actually, I'd need to pay for shipping from Dr. H so it probably evens out in the end.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
wildflower - i'm curious how the dr. h cover stick and liquid concealer compare? is there a strong reason to choose one vs. the other? i noticed that the cover stick is 25% off at the dr.h website, btw Smile i'm looking for a product that can work both under my eyes for brightening, and also on blemishes to tone down redness (without pore clogging). i'm also quite fair skinned . . .

I'm so sorry I never got to your post before. I just noticed it. (Must admit I don't check the reviews all too often.) Although I use both consistently, I actually prefer the coverstick to the cream concealer. First off I find it a bit lighter in tone and since I have fair skin it works better for me. The coverage is better than the concealer without being heavy or cakey. It highlights and tones down redness better than the cream one too IMO. Plus it glides on really nicely and blends really really well. Super convenient and easy to apply. I absolutely love it. It's the best concealer I've ever tried. I sometimes use the cream concealer over top the coverstick for extra coverage because it is very light or I will use it on tiny blems that don't need as much coverage. Like I mentioned before, I find Dr H cosmetics actually improve skin tone and help heal blemishes and redness so I find that my skin looks much better after removing my makeup, and I can assure you I've never experienced this before with any other makeup. Hope you went for the coverstick afterall and are enjoying using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add that when I first saw the foundation I was disappointed too because I thought there was no way it would be light enough for me but the great thing I doscovered was that you don't need to apply much and it blends really well. I have fair skin and have been using it for years without any problems. It works for me both in the winter when I'm pasty white as well as the summer when I have a bit of a sunkissed glow (I just add more bronzing powder in the summer). I only use I'd say maybe half a pea size amount on my palm and just apply to my face like I would my day cream. I find if you use a sponge it takes in too much colour and you end up putting too much on. The best thing to do is to ask for a sample and try it at home and blend it with your concealers and powders. Of course I'm sure it won't work for EVERYONE, but it will indeed work for many people with fair skin as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
thanks wildflower - i did end up buying the cover stick 01 today as well as some mascaras, and i'm quite excited to try them out. unfortunately the foundation just didn't work for me, it wasn't just the too dark thing, but it was super orange on my skin - perhaps this is b/c i'm cool toned?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
thanks wildflower - i did end up buying the cover stick 01 today as well as some mascaras, and i'm quite excited to try them out. unfortunately the foundation just didn't work for me, it wasn't just the too dark thing, but it was super orange on my skin - perhaps this is b/c i'm cool toned?

Yup the orange face thing is a total no go. Laughing Glad you opted out. LOL Wink I'm fair with a warm to neutral tone (a mix of very light olive undertone with pink and yellowish tones) so it works well with my type of fair skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I use the concealer #1 under my eyes. It dries to a matte finish and provides nice coverage without becoming cakey. I do also carry the puncto cover stick in my bag if I need a touch up in the inside corners of my eyes. No itchiness or allergic reaction either!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |