Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz)
::Review:: Pevonia's Ligne Rose Line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so, so, so happy!

I finally bit the bullet and tried the Ligne Rose (RS2) line from Pevonia for the broken capillaries on my chest and...... IT WORKS! I've had about 5 persistent broken caps on my chest for a good long time.... Three seem to have disappeared entirely and the other two are shrinking daily.

The magic product, according to the esthetician I consulted with, is the RS2 concentrate. Other products in the line include a cleanser, toner, and lotion. The concentrate was not available in a sample size, although the remaining products were, along with an eye make-up remover that is decent. The esthetician was very honest and indicated that in her opinion, buying anything but the concentrate was probably unnecessary, but I decided to buy the sampler kit in addition to the concentrate for good luck sake. I can't completely say that the concentrate, alone, is enough, but my guess is that it probably is. I don't intend to repurchase the sample sizes and will try just the concentrate alone when the samples run out. Will post an update about that when the time comes.

In the meantime, wearing a v-neck is no longer a trauma-provoking event for me, and for that I am VERY HAPPY!

The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Gentle Cleanser (200 ml / 6.8 oz)
Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Gentle Cleanser (200 ml / 6.8 oz)

Gentle and creamy, this specifically formulated water soluble cleanser combines Green Tea and Chamomile to perfectly cleanse and refresh Rosacea and sensitive skin. Skin surfaces clean, soothed and decongested.

Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Gentle Lotion (120 ml / 4 floz)
Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Gentle Lotion (120 ml / 4 floz)

Perfect a thorough cleansing with alcohol-free RS2 Gentle Lotion. Precisely combining Licorice, Green Tea, and Chamomile, this lotion gently diffuses redness and prepares your skin for further treatment.

Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Care Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Care Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Soothe and decongest! Apply Pevonia RS2 Care Cream with UV protection daily to reveal a visibly calmed, soothed, and completely decongested complexion. Formulated with Green Tea, Licorice, and Chamomile, this uniquely textured cream provides your skin vaso-constricting, repairing benefits.

Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Concentrate (30 ml / 1 oz)
Pevonia RS2 Rosacea Concentrate (30 ml / 1 oz)

A light gel highly concentrated in active ingredients that provides immediate relief, comfort and coolness. This powerful concentrate combines Green Tea and Licorice with other ingredients to radically improve skin’s chronic blotchiness, redness, congestion and sensitivity.

katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hey good for you! It's always so great when you find a product that ACTUALLY addresses something you're concerned with! Do you know what it is in the RS2 that's the active ingredient?
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Katee, here's the product description on the concentrate.

"Gently massage this soothing, microemulsified RS2 Concentrate on your skin for immediate cooling and desensitizing relief. A specific blend of Green Tea, Licorice, and Olibanum, strengthen capillaries, control blotchiness and effectively decongest."

I think Olibanum is the key ingredient. It's supposed to strengthen the capillary wall.

I did some research and found the following.

Olibanum (Incense)(Boswellia sp)

Origins
This is a small tree growing in north east Africa and south-east Arabia. Its name means oil of Lebanon. Incision of the bark produces a white resin that resembles teardrops. These are broken off the branches and collected from the ground where they sometimes fall.

Essential oil
Steam distillation of resin produces pale yellow oil with a rich, peppery smell. It has an excellent purifying effect on the atmosphere.

Most common uses
Good for mastitis
Eases cases of asthma and bronchitis
Has an uplifting effect on mood
Recommended for ulcers
Increases powers of concentration and is conducive to meditation
Stops bleeding and is a good remedy for deep wounds

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review LandB! I recently started using the cleanser and toner from this line and it is very gentle with my rosacea. Sounds like the concentrate would be a great addition to my routine. As my skin tone evens out and the redness disappears I can see the broken caps on my cheeks. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've have a broken capillary under my eye that was there for years. Finally disappeared of it's own accord but then returned. This product sounds really great. How are the other products in the range?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
LandB--thank you for calling attention to this line. I have been looking for products for my mum's rosacea and completely forgot that she also has broken capillaries to deal with. I will definitely look more into pevonia now Smile .

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
LandB your post made me order the Pevonia product you described. I've tried numerous products over the years and will cross my fingers and hope for the best as any improvement in the capillaries is better than none Wink
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus, you must keep us updated about your results!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Rufus, you must keep us updated about your results!

I sure will. I have one dialated capilary on my right cheek that is the easiest to see and if there's an improvement I'll notice it there the most. Very Happy
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I just got my order from EDS today(HURRAY!) - it included pevonia RS2 cleanser and toner, as well as the eye gel and the enzymo-spherides peel - I'll post my experiences in a week or two - it sometimes takes that long for my skin to react, if it's going too Confused
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
My update on the Pevonia rosacea serum is it's not great and not bad. It is nice to wear but hasn't improved my skin, but has not made it worse.
tamifaye
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the cleanser and toner for several months now and really liked it, so when I ran out of moisturizer, I decided to try the one in this line. LOVE IT. I have been using it a week now and I am noticing that the redness from the Rosacea is much calmer. In fact, after the first day of use, the next morning I looked in the mirror and I was mad because I saw really red patches on my cheeks, but when I looked closer, those patches weren't actually redder, but the lighter red around those areas was actually gone.

I also like the feel of the moisturizer, not too greasy or heavy and it works for day or night use. Like others have said it is expensive, but I've had the same bottle of toner and cleanser for over 6 months now. I doubt the moisturizer will last that long, but it doesn't take much product at all for both face and neck. For me, this line is a keeper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Now I regret that opened this thread and soon I will have to try something...when my bank account recover a little first. Mad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, I need to take a look at this. I heard a certain mask from Pevonia is working well for acne prone skin type and t-zone area..so I have been thinking..because torn between Christain valmy and Pevonia..and then as usual I forgot. Your post reminded me of couple of things..
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I've just got this product sample. I will try it today. I hope it will suitable for me.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
this cream is softly scented, very pretty. the cream itself is white and very thick. when applied you have to work it in and it dries quickly to a matte finish. this product actually seals and protects my skin extremely well...an ideal moisturizer for the winter.

to the touch it is a soft powder and matte, the weight of wear is light though it gives full coverage protection, and instantly the skin feels relief and hydrated.

i'm really liking this moisturizer!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
the pevonia rose ligne cleanser & toner, is something i use as an alternative to valmont. jst to switch it up a bit.

the cleanser is soft and nice to work with. it is gentle and soothing, while the scent is a pretty rose. *pretty sure, i think i'm catching a cold. colds are going around in TO and the whole scare of H1N1* a very gentle cleanser that leaves the skin feeling untouched. i finished with the rose ligne toner (no alcohol) and used it as a lotion mask, accompanied by a gel eye mask. aaaahhh feeling pampered and delicate, ideal for bed prep.

btw, i'm not that crazy about the pevonia rosacea serum. however, i have found that combining valmont dna repair serum and dematosic serum(for rosacea), as a thick two layer treatment for nighttime, extremely effective. saw noticable results in a few days. HTH.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
System
Automatic Message
Wed May 08, 2024 5:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |