Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am here to sing the praises of Decleor Ylang Ylang. My skin is starting to become less oily and getting that glow. Very Happy This in conjunction with my Yonka products I now have almost clear skin. Still working on my chin. Has anyone ever tried their "toners"? Thanks in advance
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

This serum of Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Rosemary and St Thomas Bay Essential Oils, with a fine and silky texture, is specially formulated for the daily care of combination to oily skin. Results: Purified skin that feels bright, clean and clear.

Replaced by {{14802}}.

clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you like the Decleor Ylang Ylang. A lot of people with oily skin love it. Apparently it regulates oily production? Does it have strong fragrance?
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Not really, but then again I have sinus problems Confused Kinda affects my "sniffer". It hasn't triggered any headaches which I am prone to with some fragrances. hth
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I notice the smell is a bit strong for me. I've been having headaches lately, dunno if it's the fragrance or just the stupid weather we've been having.
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
SKisser, just wndering which Yonka products you use and how you fit the decleor into your regime?

thanks
Nat
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use both the ylang ylang balm and oil. They are outstanding and truely work for clearing the skin and regulating oil production...or over production as the case may be.

C.B.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Decleor Matifying Lotion. I love the smell and it really help with drying up surface oil. I've been using it for 2 weeks so i don't know if this would help.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Is Decleor Ylang Ylang any good for dry skin?
If it's a night product, could it be used with a different night cream for wrinkles?

THX!!!
Aga
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Ylang Ylang is no good for dry skin! You should try the angelique oil or balm with dry skin. Much better! I've had no problems using the aromessence oils under a moisturiser from a different brand.
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Do EDS do samples of the Decleor ylang ylang oil? I'm hoping to try some with my next order.
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, I got my first samples of ylang ylang from EDS -- I LIVE by this products -- just a wonderful wonderful product (I use it withe the Regulating Fluid instead of the balm, though).
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this Ylang Ylang oil.
How should i suppose to use it?
It said put 2 drops on the palm and rub it then press press press.. Confused is this right?

I feel it's not enough to use only 2 drops, and i think the oil stays on my palm more than on my face, can someone please help. hmm
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
What I normally do, that might help you, is that I use the little sample bottle that I received. It is easy to handle and I find that I get the perfect amount. I just refill when I need too. I put my finger over the opening and flip it, then I dot it on my face. I usually do this twice. I had the same problem as you did when I tried to rub it in my palms first.

Liz
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have a sample bottle of the neroli and have used it twice but am just not confident in using it. Im worried I will wake up to a slurry of spots. I dont have oily skin but its not normal or dry either. I have a t zone but dont want to temp fate using oil Confused
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks abejita, i'll try your way Very Happy
brookie

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
hi christine,
you should apply 3 drops of the oil to slightly damp skin. I apply it just after using my toner whilst skin is damp as this helps it spread more easily. you should warm it in your fingers first.
hope this helps.
I am having great results.I use balme essential at night.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you brookie
It really helps .. i found it's a lot easier to spread, today i use about 4 drops, but tomorrow i'll try 3 drops.

How long does a bottle last?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Cindi -

I know it sounds incredible, but neither the Ylang Ylang or Neroli oil will cause zits or clog your pores! I promise, you can use your Neroli oil with complete confidence that you won’t wake up with covered in spots. I don’t understand the science behind it, but somehow these essential oils actually regulate your own skin’s oil production, which means no more shiny T-zones!

Also, I seem to have the same problem that Christine reported when I applied my Ylang Ylang oil following the product instructions. It says that you only need 2-3 drops but when I did it that way, I seriously didn’t feel there was enough product to spread and cover my entire face! I’ve finally got the hang of it but I use more like 4-5 drops at a time, unless I apply it immediately after my CSRx Vit-C serum (i.e.: don’t wait for Vit-C to “soak in” before putting Ylang Ylang oil on top of it). And I agree with Brookie – it’s *much* easier to apply if you do it while your face is still moist from toner....

But even with the minor probs I had learning to apply it correctly, I would never go without my Ylang Ylang oil ever again – the stuff is absolutely miraculous; I never thought my hyper-oily skin would get to the point where my face started behaving like someone with a normal skintone!

Christine, I’ve been told that a bottle of Ylang Ylang oil will last 5-6 months. I hope mine lasts at least that long because the stuff is kinda pricey! Although someone on MUA posted a ‘recipe’ for making your own Ylang Ylang oil at home. I figure that buying all of the ingredients will run about $50-$60USD but this initial investment will end up paying for itself over time because you can make bottle after bottle of it!

I do have a question/concern about Decleor’s Ylang Ylang oil, though. I’ve heard that products containing essential oils should be stored in a *darkly* tinted glass bottle (i.e.: brown or blue glass bottle/vial) because direct sunlight can “kill” or cause the essential oils to become unstable. Does anyone know if this is true? If yes, then how come Decleor packages their oils in a clear glass bottle?? Will this mean that my $60USD bottle of Ylang Ylang oil is going to go bad before I ever have the chance to use it up???? Say it ain’t so!

TIA,
Carrie
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question. You said that it wouldn't be good to use with dry skin which makes sense, but my skin is a bit wacky. Dry or normal to dry mostly, but I still have those larger pores on parts of my cheeks and problems with clogged pores/blackheads on my nose. I did have oily skin growing up, but not anymore really. But I still have the pores to show for it and the congested nose which I fight. Do you think that the Ylang Ylang would work as sort of a spot treatment used as instructed on a few areas especially my nose, even if the other parts of my skin are dry and it couldn'd be used there. Would it work well that way? It would be nice to find something for those large pore or congested areas that would work.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Marella - Yes, I think it would be okay to use the Ylang Ylang oil only on the oily places on your face. I think that's what a couple of the other members have done with it....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Carekate how does your homemade version of this compare to the bought? Just wondering what your personal prfference is.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Carekate how does your homemade version of this compare to the bought? Just wondering what your personal prfference is.
I have found that it works just as well, if not better, than the actual Decleor – and my wallet certainly likes it better!! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
After reading some of the reviews....can you tell me more about the scent of ylang ylang oil?

As far as I can tell, everybody prefer to use it at night only. Why is that?

Is it because the scent is strong and it goes away overnight?

Is the scent too strong that you could not wear it in public?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
After reading some of the reviews....can you tell me more about the scent of ylang ylang oil?

It smells like Ylang Ylang! Also, I think you've got it backwards: you use the Y-Y oil during the day and the Y-Y balm at night.

The scent doesn't linger once you have applied the oil and it has been absorbed by the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Skincare wrote:

It smells like Ylang Ylang! Also, I think you've got it backwards: you use the Y-Y oil during the day and the Y-Y balm at night.

The scent doesn't linger once you have applied the oil and it has been absorbed by the skin.

So do you apply it after ISC super serum? Then after the ylang ylang then your sunblock?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |