Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Revitalash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Any good? Anyone use it? Is it the same as JM?
erika

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Yes I gave it as a present to my mom because the JM was not available she has been using it 3 -4 weeks and is very happy with it, some clear gro in her eye lashed, but the product guarantees results after 60 days, so we will have to wait and see.. but based on the trend so far my mom is very pleased.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
RevitaLash (4.1 ml / 0.139 floz)
RevitaLash (4.1 ml / 0.139 floz)

Revitalash® is a unique eyelash conditioner that will help you achieve the natural beauty of Longer, Thicker, Fuller looking eyelashes. A very small amount of Revitalash® is applied once a day. No matter how brittle, short, fragile, thin or sparse your eyelashes are, Revitalash® can help you achieve your very own long, beautiful, healthy looking lashes.

cecelia
5% products discount

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Edited to delete post -- did a search and it appears my thoughts have been discussed to death with some controversy and I'd like to stay out of the fray! Laughing

For those trying the product, let us know how it works!
cecelia
5% products discount

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Well, after a bit more thought I figured I'd go ahead and redo my original deleted post, so here goes...

For anyone that is interested, I did some poking around on eyelash growth products. I think I recall seeing theories here that the active ingredient in JM might be a prostaglandin analogue (like latanoprost).

For those who don't know, latanoprost is the active ingredient in xalatan, which is used to treat glaucoma. One known side effect of xalatan treatment is eyelash growth. Another side effect is darker eyelashes. It's interesting that the MD that developed this is an opthamologist and one of the claims he makes is that lashes will also appear darker. If this is, in fact, the active ingredient in his product, it should work to promote eyelash growth... although I do wonder how this would fly with the FDA -- unless maybe there are 'natural sources' that wouldn't require approval or they are using something that stimulates prostaglandin synthesis.

So, this was what I had posted, w/ a minor edit.

FWIW, it does appear that this may also be the mechanism that JM's serum uses. If you google "stimulate prostaglandins" the last link on the page is to an expired link on the JM site. Clicking on the cached version of the page links to her comment that "The key active, proprietary ingredient in Age Intervention Eyelash falls into the category of compounds that affect or stimulate Prostaglandins"

For those interested, stimulating prostaglandin production in the eyelash area could have similar effects as applying a prostaglandin analogue, depending on the amount being synthesized.

OK, so flame away... I can take it, I think Smile
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
actually, I agree with you cecelia. I also feel this is the mechanisium in JM. Or at least something very simular.

The main reason is beacuse it not only lengthens lashs already present, but causes two to three lashs to grow from the same follicle, AND cause darkening. So it alters the hair folicle, something a "growth only" product does not normally do. (or non seen in the past)

Prostaglandins ARE well documented for doing this, and can also cause darkening of the eye lid which I think some JM users have noted. (there are actually two different common ones that act in this manner)

They have a long history of use.

The walk around for the FDA, I "think" may be because this is applyed to the EYELID - not into the eye as an Rx level prostaglandin would be.

So this may remove the "drug eye treatment" issue. And it is already approved for use "around and in" the eye.

Since it is used on the lid, the drug issues associated with the "in eye" medical application may not apply. It is something the FDA may address at somne point - but they are typicially slow to sct on things like this, unless they have a numnber of consumer inquireries or complaints.

If marketing and package wording is done correctly, not to imply an actual "change" but rather "appearance only" changes then I think it can pass the FDA regulation.

It is also a lower dose, because of administration, which also may fall below "Rx drug class" levels. Since it is lower does, and on the lid - the iris darking effects, and "treatment" effects to the eye itself are unlikely to apply.

Of course I certainly may be 100% wrong also, since all we can do is speculate at this point. Just an interesting thought.
cecelia
5% products discount

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Tangal -- glad to hear I'm not alone! I was afraid I'd get myself into some trouble. Smile I wondered as well if perhaps it was topical application or dosage that would prevent the need for fda approval. Also could be that they are using a product that they have discovered stimulates prostaglandin production and is a common ingredient already in other products approved for use.

It is a bit odd that the page mentioning prostaglandin stimulation on the JM site was removed, sometime after Oct. 4 when google cached it.

And just for the record, personally, even if a prostaglandin analogue is the active ingredient, I would still use it. The major negative side effects I've seen from the Rx version occur when applied to the eye and I would assume that would be with much stronger doses than anything we could be looking at. As far as topical application, hair growth seems to be the major side effect. I might be a bit more wary if I were pregnant though, but then, I'm paranoid like that! Very Happy
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Tangal -- glad to hear I'm not alone! I was afraid I'd get myself into some trouble. I wondered as well if perhaps it was topical application or dosage that would prevent the need for fda approval. Also could be that they are using a product that stimulates prostaglandin production is a common ingredient and already in other products approved for use

Well maybe we are both in trouble - though that is not my intention. But I do agree, it may be a prostaglandin stimulant, or somthing simular.
Not necessarily the actual "drug componant ingrediant" - But something quite simular with that type of activity.

I think the point both of us were making, is this seems to be different then standard eye lash "growth" products because it seems to act differently, like a simular Rx prostaglandin product. So it is probably a simular, related, possibly less regulated ingrediant of that type.

There are many ways to "work around"/within USA the regulatory issues, based on what I have seen in the past, since this has a different application type and a much lower dose level concintration.

Because of those differences, side effects are probably much less of a concern. Many products can be used much differently at "low enough" levels, even trace amounts to fall below the "side effect" window, but still offer some benifit.

But again, really all this is, is simple speculation. Not fact. And all we are is "guestimating" and may be 100% wrong. LOL Very Happy

Until the FDA or Company involved gives us more details anyway - if they do.

And for the record, I have no thoughts on how it compares to Revitalash.....sorry.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Nevermind. After seeing the other post on this subject. I prefer not to comment more.
cecelia
5% products discount

Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
So after reading Tangal's response, I just went back and fully read the other thread I mentioned before. I had done a search using google and it came up so I didn't realize it was a thread locked by EDS and although I knew there was debate, I didn't realize it had been quite so heated.

I thought the expired link to JM's site would be interesting to some, but I really didn't mean to resurrect a controversy. Sorry. Crying or Very sad
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I see in the New Products section that EDS has started carrying this! Anyone else tried it?
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
What happens if you come off the Revitalash? Does your eyelashes just falls off? I am wondering if there is long lasting side-effects from using this product cause it sounds too good to be true.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
cchan2009 wrote:
What happens if you come off the Revitalash? Does your eyelashes just falls off? I am wondering if there is long lasting side-effects from using this product cause it sounds too good to be true.

They fall out...I am going through it right now. You have to keep using it to keep them long.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
cchan2009 wrote:

They fall out...I am going through it right now. You have to keep using it to keep them long.

Do u mean yr existing ones fall out? or Those new ones that grown fall out?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I think you're confusing the issue a little, Fairrene. Your existing lashes grow longer, and you also have new lashes come out that grow long, too, when you use revitalash. Then they will all go through a fall out stage. After that, you will have new baby lashes replace those that fall out.
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips here. I finally started to use Revitalash. I have used it for 1&1/2 weeks nightly. I have no irritation and everything seem pretty normal. I have average length eye-lash(not too short but not long) I hope it can grow like at least 2cm longer. Of course, i have not seen any growth yet. Will update when i see any.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |