Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
:: Review :: Tweezerman lash comb
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I usually don't get too excited about brushes/tools but this is one of those products that once you try it, you will wonder why you did not buy it sooner.

I have many plastic lash combs. The plastic just does not separate lashes that well. Also it does not clean well. So I end up getting out a safety pin because it has a sharp edge to really get the lashes that are clumped together unclumped. (This is potentially very dangerous and NOT recommended.)

The tweezerman metal comb really gets the clumps out easily. When done just wipe the comb off with a tissue.

I bought mine at SDM, but EDS has the exact same thing for about $3.00 less. It is a tool worth having and far superior to the plastic ones.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Tweezerman Folding Ilashcomb
Tweezerman Folding Ilashcomb

Perfectly spaced gold plated metal teeth glide through applied mascara leaving thicker, natural looking lashes. The teeth of the Ilashcomb fold compactly into the handle for protection

poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I recently got it too and cannot imagine living without it! It is not as dangerous as it looks and actually quite easy to use. I've gotten so many compliments on how 'defined' my eyelashes look Smile You will never get clumpy lashes again

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this from EDS a few months ago. It is the best tool I own! I'm not sure how I ever lived without it.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
i don't like it at all.i don't know what it could do
Mad
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I recycle used mascara spoolies. A clean spoolie perfectly defines lashes and removes clumps, and is much more effective and safe than a safety pin. Spoolies are easy to clean: When a mascara has met it's prime, toss the tube and clean the spoolie/handle part with soap and water, rubbing the spoolie between your fingers. Let dry and you're ready to use.

I haven't used the Tweezerman lash comb, so I can't say how it compares to a clean spoolie.

autumn wrote:
I usually don't get too excited about brushes/tools but this is one of those products that once you try it, you will wonder why you did not buy it sooner.

I have many plastic lash combs. The plastic just does not separate lashes that well. Also it does not clean well. So I end up getting out a safety pin because it has a sharp edge to really get the lashes that are clumped together unclumped. (This is potentially very dangerous and NOT recommended.)

The tweezerman metal comb really gets the clumps out easily. When done just wipe the comb off with a tissue.

I bought mine at SDM, but EDS has the exact same thing for about $3.00 less. It is a tool worth having and far superior to the plastic ones.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use a mascara spoolie but I find that compared to the comb, the spoolie takes a lot of mascara off, whether it's excess or not. The lash comb, on the other hand, only take off mascara in between lashes that make it too gloopy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I wasn't getting good results with a clean spoolie either. It just didn't get between all my lashes, and I'd still have some stuck together.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Just want to confirm -- that's the Tweezerman folding lash comb you are referring to, right? If not, I don't see another one at EDS.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Just want to confirm -- that's the Tweezerman folding lash comb you are referring to, right? If not, I don't see another one at EDS.

yes yes!

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:45 am      Reply with quote
autumn wrote:
So I end up getting out a safety pin because it has a sharp edge to really get the lashes that are clumped together unclumped. (This is potentially very dangerous and NOT recommended.)

Laughing Even having worked as a pro m/up artist, do you realize how many times I've done the exact same thing? True, that. I've got a spooly brush, but have always used disposable mascara wands to remove clumps. I've always been too lazy to buy a metal comb. Crying or Very sad
Angyl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sonia Kashuk has one of these too. It's sooo cute, and only $5.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
This will definitely be in my next order, thanks.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I also have one, and I love it!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Have one, it is a must if your lashes clump when mascara is put on.

The only annoying thing is the cleaning. Because the comb is so fine I found that often masacara will be stuck between the teeth themselves. Only method that has worked successfully so far is using blotting paper, or something thin but stiff to remove the mascara.

Anyone else have a better method of cleaning? I am all ears (and eyes!).

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
First let me say that this lash comb is something that I will never be without. It works so well!!

cuppre for cleaning here is what I do: After combing my lashes I wipe the comb on a tissue to remove any obvious mascara. I usually do this several times. When I actually wash the comb I use shampoo and a clean spoolie to remove any mascara stuck between the teeth. This meathod works very well.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I don't own this lash comb, but it's on my [crowded] list! Laughing So I don't know how close together the teeth of the comb are to get this to work...

I was going to suggest maybe trying fine/uncoated dental floss for cleaning between the teeth of the comb.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
someone suggested using a toothbrush before and that has worked so well for me! I just use warm water with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I've just used a tooth brush and warm water too, and it worked fine for me.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
When I use a make up brush I always spray some brush cleaner on a tissue and clean it off.
I just found my tweezerman comb this weekend and tried it again and I tried the same method as I use on my brushes and it worked great!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

I have been wiping the comb right after use, but you know how it is, the little black bits still get stuck. I might just get an old toothbrush and scrub it in between use as well.

next question: how do you stop poking yourself in the eye with that thing! Laughing

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch!! I guess slow down a little. Thankfully, this hasn't happened to me yet.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:

next question: how do you stop poking yourself in the eye with that thing! Laughing

omgosh, I just pictured that in my head Shock

I've never had that happen to me either. I usually point the comb at an upward angle towards my eye (less than 45 degrees) instead of pointing it flat straight towards the eyes. Also, slowness is key! lol

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I guess I am just clumsier than the average joe.
It hurts a little bit but luckily have never actually done any major damage to the eye ball! *crosses fingers*

I will slow down as you have suggested Tosca and I will angle it differently as well, per poofybabypenguin's suggestion!

poofybabypenguin = the cutest name! I wish this forum allowed icons Very Happy.

poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
haha if EDS allowed icons, I'd have alternating pictures of penguins and Angelina Jolie Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I've got both the Tweezerman verion and the Sonia K version (available at Target) and keep one at home and the other at my desk at work.

A metal lash comb is a MUST HAVE product if you've been using a lash growth serum like JMAIE/Revitalash/LushLash because sooner or later your lashes will get so long (especially in the corners) that these combs are the ONLY way to safely/easily remove the tangles!!!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |