Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Ahava Advanced Mud Masque for Oily Skin Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lothene

Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:59 am      Reply with quote
When I was 14 I went to Israel and visited the Ahava site at the Dead Sea, and took home a few products to try. I noticed a huge improvement to my skin, and tried for about two years to find them in Australia. Eventually when I was 16 I did, and this was one of the products I picked up to try to condition my skin for my first formal. It worked really well and has been a staple of my skincare routine ever since.

The best thing about it is that it is so thorough, without being too harsh. My skin always looks brighter and clearer, and my blackheads far less prominent after use.

It looks and smells very natural, very earthy, which I prefer to some crazy pink gunk which smells like nailpolish remover. I also like that it actually sets when it's dry, so that I can feel that it's doing it's job.

I've also gotten a few friends hooked on this stuff after they've seen what it did for my skin, and I think it's pretty versatile because I have combination skin that swings between being very oily and shiny, to quite dry and flakey sometimes within two weeks - and yet it has never broken me out, or dried my skin.

This is easily the best masque I have used. - 5/5
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Ahava Purifying Mud Mask - for oily skin (125 ml / 4.2 floz)
Ahava Purifying Mud Mask - for oily skin (125 ml / 4.2 floz)

The AHAVA advanced mud masque for oily skin is the ultimate way to reduce unwanted facial oil and remove unwanted impurities. Pamper yourself with mud from the Dead Sea and give your skin the natural luster it deserves.

Replaced by {{13341}}.

Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for a great review. One of the things I notice though is you don't mind the smell-that seems to be the number one description on this forum and otherswhen they talk about Ahava. My sense of smell does not tolerate "pretty" smells, the less smelly the better (no pink nail polish remover smell for me either!). You just helped me to decide to put it on my list!
Babs:)
Mabsy

Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I remembered I had a sample of this stuff so I decided to try it last night. I've got combo skin.

This is a nice mud mask and I can see what you mean about the smell. It's not really anything I can put my finger on, it just smells natural. As with any mud mask I have used in the past this stung my skin a little bit when it dried. That might be more my fault though because the instructions said 'leave on for three minutes' but I decided to do a quick clean up of my bathroom and left it on for close to ten minutes.

The mask was easy to rinse off (not something I can say for all other mud masks I've tried) and left my skin very clean without overly drying it out.

I had a few red spots on my face from trying to extract some whiteheads that the beautician couldn't get out. I managed to get them out (Take THAT whiteheads!) two days ago but it left me with red inflamed areas where the whiteheads used to be. Last night I used this mask and followed it with some Decleor toner and then with the Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel when I went to bed. This morning the inflamed areas are almost gone. Not quite sure if it was the mask or the Dermalogica gel though.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for useful review.I like mud mask because acne skin.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I like their mud mask for dry skin, already good enough for my oily skin, wordering if this is even better.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
great review. I am always looking for a good mud mask. this one sounds really nice.
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for review,i'm looking for mud mask,i think i'll put this one in my list
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to get a mask for spot treatments overnight...Would this mask be okay for that? I have combination skin, and get terrible cyst like pimples right before my 'cycle'...and I want to buy a mask that I could leave on these monster like growths on my face...Sad
pieperd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I really like the mud masque, but have rosacea, so I can't use it as often. I think it's one of those to use a couple of times a week. I use Suki facial clay. It can be used at night, and works well. If you put an order in, ask for a sample and give it a try.
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!
I'm interested in Ahava products. They look quite promising.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I lived in Israel for 14 years before I m oved in Calgary .Ahava it's a good company but is one of the cheapest in Israel.I didn't get any result using it....

The expensive version of the dead sea treatements is Premier - It's products are made from minerals, water, and mud from the Dead Sea that have been extracted and purified.
They were very expensive (for me at that time) and couldn't afford it .....oh yeah I guess I was young as well and my skin was very good.

Anyways my bigest problem is eyes - bags -not too bad but still I would like some flat skin there . Last week I went to a women show in Calgary and I tried Premier eye serum and eye cream - wow I saw a miracle under my eyes. Almost on the spot my under eye looked relaxed and flater ...

I didn't buy them because I try(very hard) to stop compulsive shoping and I want to do a bit of research before jumping in. And yes - I want a sample to try before I buy it Smile
I think that I'll get it soon and I'll report if it works

thanks for all the wonderful info ladies Smile

xoxo
Roxana
Maggiehgz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!
I had bought the mud mask for dry skin type but not open it, hope it have a good result of me.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I got this mask in Isreal too. It lasts forever!!! it is kind of amazing actually, it lasted me like 2 years. You only need a little. Once i started on the Retin A though, it burned me a bit so now I avoid it. But if you arent using too many harsh things on your skin or you just have resistant skin, its a great product. It really "wakes" you up, making you look alive when you dont feel great. lol
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
My particular favorite from Ahava line, is their enriched foot cream - apply it a few nights in a row, and your feet go from dry/cracked to soft and nice.

I've lived in Israel for a few years too, and have been to Dead Sea - you'd see people walking covered in that mud head to toe, it really helps.
keechuah kua
5% products discount

Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
is the mask really that good? Cos i tried other ahava products, like the bath salts and stuff. It does nothing to my skin.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
what kind of skin do you have?

And which products have you tried?

I tried the cleanser and was too rough for me...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |