Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil & Blackheads
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello, just want to pass along that the Ylang Ylang oil has really cleared up the blackheads on my nose! I had a hard time adjusting to the concept of oil on oil, but it works! I tried so many of the drugstore products for this problem with no success (just dried out the area and nothing else). I used it everynight to get rid of them for a while and now just a couple times a week. Well worth the investment.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

This serum of Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Rosemary and St Thomas Bay Essential Oils, with a fine and silky texture, is specially formulated for the daily care of combination to oily skin. Results: Purified skin that feels bright, clean and clear.

Replaced by {{14802}}.

chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Did you use the 'aromatherapy' Ylang Ylang oil? I'm wondering because I see there is also a night balm. I would love to try this out, I absolutely ABHOR the blackheads on my nose!! Thanks for the suggestion. Very Happy
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, it is the aromessence Ylang Ylang oil, not the balm. Smile
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hello, just want to pass along that the Ylang Ylang oil has really cleared up the blackheads on my nose! I had a hard time adjusting to the concept of oil on oil, but it works! I tried so many of the drugstore products for this problem with no success (just dried out the area and nothing else). I used it everynight to get rid of them for a while and now just a couple times a week. Well worth the investment.

Just had to add my 2 cents in but this stuff really works. I use it every day. I tilt my bottle into my palm and pat all over face. No more blackheads. Very Happy Since you use so little at a time the price really does justify the means.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
This stuff is pretty expensive -- I wonder if a bottle of pure ylang ylang oil might produce the same results? It's much cheaper!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm I'll have to try this. I have been massaging in Jojoba oil to take care of my blackheads, but it really does take longer than I'd like to do the entire routine.

How long did it take from the time you started using it until you could go to only using it a couple times per week?

-Cheri
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think about 3 weeks of daily use and they were cleared up and my nose area was looking really clean and like a new layer of skin had been revealed. I'm now going to start dabbing the ylang ylang on a little whitehead that developed awhile back in the corner of eye (compliments of Shiseido Benefiance which I will never use again as long as I live) and see what happens!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
That does it! I'm ordering it. I'm so easy. Smile

-Cheri
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I also have the same wonder, oil on oil? Rolling Eyes but it sounds like this Ylang-Ylang really can regulate oil discharge. How much oil you use every time? I read some said 2-3 drops, that sounds very little. Do you use it overall the face, or just the problematic spots?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
This stuff is pretty expensive -- I wonder if a bottle of pure ylang ylang oil might produce the same results? It's much cheaper!

Chimera, I'm no aromatherapy expert, but I think ylang ylang is one of the essential oils that you shouldn't use undiluted on your skin. Most all essential oils have to be blended with carrier oils. Some of the essentials can be pretty toxic on the skin because they are so concentrated. One of the exceptions I can think of is Tea Tree oil which is ok undiluted unless you have really sensitive skin. Some examples of carrier oils are Jojoba, Grapeseed, Evening Primrose, Olive, etc. Essential oils do not go rancid, but pure carrier oils do. And that's practically all I know about oils. Smile

So be careful if you decide to try and make your own. No doubt a similar replacement of Decleor Ylang Ylang could be blended, but I'd make sure I studied up on it first. EDS says the ingredients are Ylang Ylang, geranium, rosemary, and hazelnut plant oil. I think all those are essential oils except for hazelnut.

Hope this helps!

-Cheri
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
So is it better to use Ylang-Ylang oil mixed with, say, jojobo oil?
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, I looked around my local stores, and i cannt find anyone sells pure jojojbo oil. I know that you can get good deals from online stores, but paying $9 S&H for a $5 product is kinda wierd.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
OK, it's me again ... wave one last question.... anyone else other than Decleor makes essential oils?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
happygirl63,

Do you have health food stores (like whole foods, trader joes, or vitamin shoppe etc) near you? They sell 100% pure jojoba oils.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
OK, it's me again ... wave one last question.... anyone else other than Decleor makes essential oils?

I bought some things from this site on the recommendation of EDS forum member leeleedeedee. They sell Primavera oils which have a great reputation. You can check it out at:

http://www.saffronrouge.com/site/home.html

You can buy Desert Essence Pure Jojoba Oil at drugstore.com. I think it's on sale right now.

Hope this helps!

-Cheri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
So is it better to use Ylang-Ylang oil mixed with, say, jojobo oil?

happygirl 163,

A reviewer on MUA has these facial oil recipes. I've copied these directly from her
note pad. Looks like a lot of trouble though and would probably cost just as much as buying Decleor's.

-Cheri
-----------------------------------------------
FACE OIL RECIPE:

1 OZ. KUKUI NUT OIL

6 DROPS YLANG YLANG OIL

3 DROPS LAVENDAR OR GERANIUM OIL

2 DROPS BAY LEAF OIL

1 DROP ROSEMARY OIL

MIX IT UP IN AN AMBER GLASS BOTTLE AND MAKE SURE TO SHAKE IT UP BEFORE EACH USE!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD LUCK WITH DECLEOR YLANG YLANG AROMESSENCE, I HAVE FOUND THIS TO BE A GREAT CHEAP REPLACEMENT. YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE THE KUKUI NUT OIL WITH HAZELNUT OIL IF YOU LIKE, BUT IT MUST BE REFRIGERATED AND MADE IN VERY SMALL BATCHES AS THE SHELF LIFE IS NOT VERY LONG. I CHOSE KUKUI NUT OIL TO REPLACE IT FOR PRESERVATIVE PURPOSES, AND FIND IT WORKS JUST AS WELL. IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR BREAST FEEDING, DO NOT USE THE ROSEMARY OIL...IT CAN BE TOXIC TO BABIES. I REPLACE GERANIUM OIL WITH LAVENDAR OIL IN THIS RECIPE WHEN I MAKE IT SIMPLY BECAUSE I HAVE IT ON HAND, BUT GERANIUM OIL MAY BE USED IN PLACE OF THE LAVENDAR FOR A PRODUCT MORE SIMILAR TO DECLEOR.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LOVE CLARINS LOTUS OIL, IT MAY BE MADE THE SAME WAY, REPLACING THE ESSENTIAL OILS AS FOLLOWS:

5 DROPS LOTUS OIL

3 DROPS ROSEMARY OIL

2 DROPS LAVENDAR OR GERANIUM OIL

1 DROP SAGE OIL

1 DROP CHAMOMILE OIL

LOTUS OIL CAN BE VERY HARD TO FIND, BUT IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINKS:

http://www.somaluna.com/product.asp?p=149

http://www.goemerchant7.com/index.cgi?ST=buy&Action=add&Merchant=cloakofwisdomn&ItemNumber=S4

AGAIN, KUKUI NUT OIL MAY BE REPLACED WITH HAZELNUT OIL IF YOU DESIRE AND YOU CAN USE EITHER LAVENDAR OR GERANIUM OILS WITH SIMILAR EFFECTS.

MOST OF THE ESSENTIAL OILS CAN BE PURCHASED THROUGH WHOLE FOODS OR ANY HEALTH FOOD STORE. IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE FINDING KUKUI NUT OR HAZELNUT OIL, I HAVE FOUND THE FOLLOWING E-STORES TO BE VERY REPUTABLE AND HAVE GOOD RETURN POLICIES AND FAST SHIPPING :

http://www.thesage.com

http://www.brambleberry.com/index.html

http://www.cedarvale.net/index.html

HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE SAVE SOME MONEY (AND THEIR SKIN)!
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:30 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 - Thanks for so much information. However, I got this lazy bone, the receipts are just way to much trouble. Rolling Eyes I was hoping to hear something like this "mix 4 drops of jojoba oil with 5 drops of Ylang-Ylang oil" Very Happy
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
I also have the same wonder, oil on oil? Rolling Eyes but it sounds like this Ylang-Ylang really can regulate oil discharge. How much oil you use every time? I read some said 2-3 drops, that sounds very little. Do you use it overall the face, or just the problematic spots?

Hi! I use the Ylang Ylang oil on my whole face, but I am very prone to having clogged pores all over my face, not just my nose. It really does only take a few drops, and one bottle will last me a very long time. It took me about a month to use up one sample of Ylang Ylang oil, and I have used my full sized bottle often, and it doesn't even look like any oil is missing Smile It may seem expensive, but considering that it would last a long time, I felt that it was worth it.

Tina
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I use Clarins lotus oil. It is designed to help with the normalizing oily skin. I received a small sample bottle and used it for a couple of weeks before purchasing. If you can find a Clarins counter they are quite generous with samples.

I have not used the Ylang ylang but have heard good results.

The clarins is cheaper of the two and if you have a chance to try a sample first that is really the way to go.
dolvita

Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
This is THE best product I've ever came across. PERIOD. I have a challenging skin, combination, prone to breakouts and seborrhea. A lot of problems, especially during winter season, when there is not enough natural moisture in the air. This product was my life saviour during last few seasons, as it helped me to avoid the disaster of having itching, painful, red, flaking skin that looked awful. If this sounds familiar to you - do not wait, get Ylang Ylang balm. Very Happy
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I use 2 drops of jojoba oil, 1 drop of ylang ylang, and like a half a drop of tea tree oil as a moisturizer day and night, it makes me feel like I just came from an aroma therapy facial spa, and It is transformiing my once breakout prone skin. If you try this make sure you don't get any near your eyes! Im sure it wouldn't be pleasant.
anires

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I realised that after using Decleor's Cleansing Oil, whiteheads had reduced. Anyone care to comment on this?
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
How do you use this in your current routine, as a mosturizer basically? Day AND night? I use BHA/AHA first, then pearl paste, eye cream, then IFP's healing serum on breakouts if any. Morning is just BHA then pearl paste, pearl powder, and MMU. Thanks!
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my, I was so shocked to see this post of mine from 2004 brought back to life! The Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil was great and really cleared up my problem back in '04 and I highly recommend. Unfortunately, since then, I've developed a very strong reaction to fragrance (isn't perimenopause grand!) and I can't handle even Decleor's natural fragrances. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:55 am      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney, I'm so sorry. I understand about allergies. Mine are a pain too. I hope your doctor can help you with that. I'm going to do a detox this fall to see if that helps my allergies any. It usually does. Please keep me updated.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |