Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review:: YonKa Gel Nettoyant-your morning wake-up service
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this cleanser after reading Lisa's review of it (and what a great review it was!). I've been using it for over a week now so I thought it was time to write something about it Smile

Firstly, I'm very happy with it. This cleanser is GREAT! It's a gel cleanser, but it's not really gel, it has more of a watery jelly consistency. It's blue in colour and feels really nice and fresh. Perfect for a pick-me-up in the morning!

I have used this a few times at night as well but I found that it doesn't remove eye makeup as easily as the Decleor Cleansing Oil does. It's really good at removing normal face makeup though and it leaves your skin feeling refreshed and clean but not stripped of moisture. I also have to say that even if you poured this cleanser straight into your eye you would not feel a thing! Well, probably best not to try it, but the point I'm trying to make is that I could rub my eyes all I wanted and this did not sting or burn at all.

So as it stands, I'm using this in the mornings and the Decleor Cleansing Oil at night. Couldn't be happier with that arrangement! Though, I'm yet to try the YonKa cream cleanser which is supposed to leave a minty feeling. I've got a sample of it but haven't got around to trying it yet.

Thanks for recommening this Lisa Smile
Mabsy.

ps. As with other YonKa products I've tried, I LOVE the smell of this!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleansing Gel (200 ml / 6.76 floz)
Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleansing Gel (200 ml / 6.76 floz)

Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleanser is a 2-in-1 foamy gel formulation that cleanses while removing eye makeup. This cleanser not only improves complexion, but also enhances skin suppleness for a rejuvenated appeal.

leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy,

You must read my mind. It's so funny i know exactly what to use to wash my face at night but in the morning I was always wondering what I should use. I don't think it's getting too dirty when I'm sleeping but I always need something to clean, refresh and wake my skin up ( you always hit the right note, Mabsy!). Something that smells really really nice and has nice color...such as ...blue of a morning sky...Thanks, Mabsy, and again my wishlist is getting longer... :P:P:P
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hee hee hee! I'm so glad I've made believers out of you!

FYI, the Cleansing Creme is not that tingly. Coming from a "tingly" lover, it's just a very light tingle -- which is why I've been asking people about the Dermalogica Clay Cleanser tingly-ness. It smells good, though, and it's more tingly than the gel cleanser in any case -- but I still prefer the gel cleanser over the creme cleanser.

And the other creme cleanser (not the tingly one) is really good for removing make-up but I don't like the creamy texture as much . . . so I use it as a make-up remover and then cleanse with gel nettoyant Smile

SO glad you like the product, Mabsy!!!!!
Kate
5% products discount

Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm confused. Is this moreso a light cleanser than a wash? (Hope you know what I mean when I discern between the two!)

It sounds rather lovely, though I don't favour gels. Does it foam at all? It's rather obvious I'm not familiar with YonKa Wink
Mabsy

Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kate Smile

I'm not sure exactly what the difference is between a light cleanser and a wash. If I had to guess I would say that a wash would be one that removes all your makeup as opposed to a light cleanser which just freshens the skin.... Am I close? I think it takes off makeup very well. It also takes off eye makeup though I have been spoilt by Decleor Cleansing Oil which to me removes eye makeup much easier than the YonKa Gel Nettoyant.

The Gel Nettoyant does foam up a tiny little bit. I don't know if I would call it foam really. The gel is blue but once you rub it on your face it turns white (which to me means foam Smile). Um... help me out here Lisa Smile

I don't usually like gel cleansers myself but this one is really good. I will definitely repurchase this. It's great to use in the morning!

Mabsy.
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kate,

The Gel Cleanser does NOT feel like a regular gel cleanser. I, like you, am not fond of most gel cleansers and I've tried just about EVERY brand of gel cleanser. I was at my aesthetician's when she used the gel cleanser on me. I asked her "What kind of creamy cleanser is this?" And she told me it was the Yonka Gel Nettoyant. It feels extremely light (review Mabsy's excellent review for texture purposes). It definitely is more watery and gely -- you'll feel like you aren't using enough but honestly, a little goes a long way -- you just have to get used to the light texture.

It doesn't really "foam" as much as it smooths over your face in an even texture. It's not foamy like soap or usual gel cleansers, but yes, as Mabsy said, it does turn a white-ish color when on your face. I would highly HIGHLY recommend this cleanser. It smells wonderful and the feeling on your skin is wonderful -- I end up massaging this on my skin for minutes at a time (when I have time) because it feels and smells so great.

If you're a bit skeptical, I would ask EDS to send you a sample next time you order something (or just ask for a sample to be sent to you) so you can try it out before you commit to a regular-sized bottle.

Hope this helps!
Lisa Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |