Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
:: Review :: Orlane Oligo-Vit-A-Min Light Smoothing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around this forum for weeks and can't resist the temptation to join the fun. I'm enjoying all the postings (and personalities that accompany them!).

I noticed there aren't many reviews of Orlane. I love this line. This is why:

I've had sensitive skin my entire life. I'm in my mid-thirties, and until a year ago, could not use skincare products on my face, not even the ones made for sensitive skin. I could wash only with plain water, and couldn't tolerate facial moisturizers of any kind. (I know, that must sound horrifying to all of you skincare connoisseurs!) Surprised Thankfully, though, I had no trouble with eyecreams and an occasional foundation.

Over the years I tried dozens of products: cheap/ expensive, professional/commercial, Dermatologist prescribed--you name it. Within two days, I would have large, visible, painful lumps beneath the skin, lasting for weeks. It happened every time.

(Oops, this is starting to sound like an infommercial--I'll get to the point!)

Last year I went to Paris on vacation, and met a friend of a friend who pointed to an Orlane display in a shop window and said "If it wasn't for this product, I wouldn't have such great skin." (Humble she was not, but she DID have a beautiful complexion!)

Of course, I just had to try it. I purchased Orlane's Oligo Vit-A-Min Light Smoothing Cream, and MY FACE LOVED IT!! For the first time in my life, I had comfortable, happy, glowing skin!

Since then, I've tried numerous Orlane samples, and have not had adverse reactions to any of them--even the ones NOT designed for sensitive skin!

Orlane has healed my skin so well, that I am now able to use some of the products that are raved about on this forum.

Move over, ladies, here comes another skincare junkie! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Orlane Oligo VIT-A-MIN Light Smoothing Cream (day) (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Orlane Oligo VIT-A-MIN Light Smoothing Cream (day) (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

This hypoallergenic day care with trace elements, vitamins, amino acids and minerals provides the essential elements needed to compensate for deficiencies in the skin. It soothes, softens, and hydrates skin and infuses it with the strength to defend itself against daily external aggressions.

Replaced by {{17291}}.

Mabsy

Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Alohagirl,

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you've decided to de-lurk Smile

I really like Orlane products as well. Their Vital Biological Emulsion is a really lovely light moisturiser. I think Leila posted a review of an Orlane scrub before that she was rather impressed with too.

Hope to read more of your reviews in the future.

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Alohagirl,
I hope to hear more Orlane reviews in the future from you. Wink

Is the Oligo Vit-A-Min Light Smoothing Cream a day or night cream? I love their B21 Oligo Cooling Balm Eye Contour. It is my holy grail eye cream because I love the consistency--so light and packed with vitamins and amino acids. I feel it is a really healing cream. I had this tiny bump next to my eye; it wasn't milia or anything, but it just took so long to go away. I feel that after using this eye cream it just disappeared as if it was never there. I just ordered there special--for the exact price of the eye cream you also get:

Eye make-up remover (50ml)
B21 Oligo Vitalizing Care (3.5ml)
New B21 Oligo Cooling Balm Eye Contour (15ml) retail size
B21 Oligo Vitalizing Mask (3.5ml)

So more Orlane reviews will be coming in the future. :P
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime--

Orlane's Light Smoothing Cream is a day cream. The complementing night cream is called "Gentle Soothing Cream." I haven't tried it yet. I'm a skincare novice, so I'm not sure why moisturizers come in day vs. night formulations. I would assume a night cream is richer, and thus would look too shiny for day. Sad Is that right?

And thanks for mentioning Orlane's B21 Cooling Balm Eye Contour. You reminded me that I have a neglected sample of it in my cupboard. Anything referred to as a "holy grail" deserves immediate attention!! :P:P:P
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Alohagirl,

It's so nice to have you here with us. I really like your name, sounds just like a dance song Very Happy. And just like you it catches my attention everyone "holy grail" or "little dirty secret". Because of Thoughtcrime weak moment of sharing her secret, I got to know how wonderful it is the Orlane B21 Cooling Balm Eye Contour and started my interest in Orlane. Actually, I think I received many Orlane samples when ordering this Orlane Eye, I should look into my box of sample tonight to see if there's one Smoothing Cream. Got to try it if you say it's good for sensitive skin. Thanks Alohagirl. Sorry, have to run. My boss just sneaked in to see if I'm really working. He's also my dear Daddy!!!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies Wink

Alohagirl, Because of your review I impulsively went straight from work to the Orlane counter at Saks and got some samples of B-21 Hydro-mattifying care to try (she recommended this over the smoothing cream for my skin type). Anytime someone tells me they've had GREAT results with a product, I instantly become intrigued :P So thanks for sharing. Don't know why it is, but I seem to have a penchant for French skin care lines.

And Leila, I haven't forgotten about that Orlane Oligo VIT-A-MIN scrub, you wrote such a great review on-- I'm still dying to try it!
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Oooooooh. Now that you mention the Oligo scrub, I want to tell about my experience with it. I suppose I should post it with it's own subject, since it's a review.

littlesophie

Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say, I really love Orlane B21 Oligo VIT-A-MIN Light Smoothing Cream (day)! I tried this sample(thanks to essentialdayspa's sales), and I have to say I find this one is a little thick, however, after a while, it appeared to be IN my skin, and my skin glow. Iused it as a moisturizer and make up base in replace of bare essential vitamin prep, I have to say, this product make my bare essential pwder look BETTER than its own make up base LOL. I have to get it after I finish Bare Essential!
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. Now I want to try this cream.I have about the same skin as you, Alohagirl.I have the worst time with moisturizers. I have rosacea, and every thing bothers my skin.I use Guerlain flower cleansing creme(which I really like),the only moisturizer I like is by Erno Laszlo.phormula no. 3-9.So maybe next I'll try Orlane. Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |