Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
:: Review :: Decleor Hydra Floral Flower Essence Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I can't neglect reviewing this product. For the past 8 months I have not gone without giving myself the treat of this lovely, Decleor Mask. My first experience with Hydra Floral was a sample from EDS. After one use I knew I had to purchase it. The scent is an ultra light floral. I mention this as several Decleor products I can't tolerate as I am sensitive to floral type smells. Once a week I give myself a lactic acid peel and follow with a 30 to 40 minute Decloer Hydra Floral experience. While on my skin there is a mild cooling sensation (spa like). After rinsing off my skin looks even toned, hydrated, fine lines plumped up. What is so special about this mask is the benefits last several day. The results remind me of a post salon facial.

A few times during the cold winter I actually applied a thin layer as a night cream. My skin in the morning looked fabulous.

Certain creams can produce whiteheads on my chin. I have never had a problem with Decleor. If you have skin that at times looks tired with fine lines give this lovely, moderately priced mask a try.

My skin type is mature, combo, just starting to lose some elasticity, fine lines crows feet area and a few deeper lines on forhead.

Quote:
Description:
Hydra Floral Anti-pollution "Flower Essence" Moisturising Mask is a new-generation intensive moisturiser. It features the "drip-feed" hydrating system, reinforced by the technology of aquaporins, ture "water channels" combined with an anti-pollution plant active ingredient. Like a bouquet of moisture beneath a veil of anti-pollution care, this rich mask with its "water-cream" texture:

Immediately relaxes the skin and quenches its thirst

Intensely replenishes and moisturises

Protects against pollution

Skin Types:
all

Useage:
Once or twice a week, apply a thick layer to cleanse face and neck. Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove and excess with a cotton pad or Tonifying Lotion.

Ingredients:
Essential Oil of Neroli, Orange Blossom, Aromatic waters of Mint, Original Orange Water, Wild Pansy Extract, Micro-proteins of Moringa

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Hydra Floral
Decleor Hydra Floral "Flower Essence" Moisturizing Mask (1.7oz / 50mL)

A new-generation intensive moisturiser. It features the "drip-feed" hydrating system, reinforced by the technology of aquaporins, ture "water channels" combined with an anti-pollution plant active ingredient.

shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I‘ve buy it yesterday!!!!!!
Hope it works as yours.
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Decleor mask is fantastic... i've been use it for many yrs... strongly recommend!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I can't neglect reviewing this product. For the past 8 months I have not gone without giving myself the treat of this lovely, Decleor Mask. My first experience with Hydra Floral was a sample from EDS. After one use I knew I had to purchase it. The scent is an ultra light floral. I mention this as several Decleor products I can't tolerate as I am sensitive to floral type smells. Once a week I give myself a lactic acid peel and follow with a 30 to 40 minute Decloer Hydra Floral experience. While on my skin there is a mild cooling sensation (spa like). After rinsing off my skin looks even toned, hydrated, fine lines plumped up. What is so special about this mask is the benefits last several day. The results remind me of a post salon facial.

A few times during the cold winter I actually applied a thin layer as a night cream. My skin in the morning looked fabulous.

Certain creams can produce whiteheads on my chin. I have never had a problem with Decleor. If you have skin that at times looks tired with fine lines give this lovely, moderately priced mask a try.

My skin type is mature, combo, just starting to lose some elasticity, fine lines crows feet area and a few deeper lines on forhead.

Quote:
Description:
Hydra Floral Anti-pollution "Flower Essence" Moisturising Mask is a new-generation intensive moisturiser. It features the "drip-feed" hydrating system, reinforced by the technology of aquaporins, ture "water channels" combined with an anti-pollution plant active ingredient. Like a bouquet of moisture beneath a veil of anti-pollution care, this rich mask with its "water-cream" texture:

Immediately relaxes the skin and quenches its thirst

Intensely replenishes and moisturises

Protects against pollution

Skin Types:
all

Useage:
Once or twice a week, apply a thick layer to cleanse face and neck. Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove and excess with a cotton pad or Tonifying Lotion.

Ingredients:
Essential Oil of Neroli, Orange Blossom, Aromatic waters of Mint, Original Orange Water, Wild Pansy Extract, Micro-proteins of Moringa

Hi, winnie, I have read a lot of nice reviews from you. What do you think is the distinct places of this mask compared to the rose hydrosol?
lavendula
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am also thinking about to purchase this mask.
Is this mask only for moisturizing or it has some other effect?
I want to know more detail about the performance of this mask. Has anyone compare this with other hydrosol masks? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:14 am      Reply with quote
thank you for your review Winnie! I should try the mask! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Careful, skin products that upregulate Aquaporin 3 have been linked to tumors/cancer

http://www.springerlink.com/content/y337t51751362446/

[quote]Alan Verkman of the University of California has just published a paper in Experimental Dermatology* that urges "caution" in the use of anti-aging cosmetics that boost something called aquaporin-3 (AQP3) because of a possible link to cancer. I don't really understand how widespread this concern should be (all, most or just a few cosmetic formulations?). This is what I've been able to work out so far.

Aquaporin-3 (AQP3) is a protein that facilitates the transport of moisture and glycerol. In other words, it helps keep the skin moist. Cosmetic companies have noticed the correlation between AQP3 and moisture content in the skin and market products with ingredients that boost "the expression" of AQP3.

Dr Verkman found, in an experiment on mice, a correlation between AQP3 formation in the epidermis and tumor cells. In his paper he says: "AQP expression in tumor cells has been found to increase their migration, invasiveness and metastatic potential." And this is his conclusion: "Given the relationship between epidermal AQP3 expression and tumor cell proliferation, caution seems warranted in the use of cosmetics containing ingredients that increase epidermal AQP3 expression."

So the main question for me is what are these AQP3 boosters? If we know what they are then we'll know which products to avoid. Verkman refers to a study carried out on behalf of Christian Dior that used a plant extract called extract of ajuga turkestanica as the hydrating (AQP3 boosting) agent. I have also seen references elsewhere citing retinoic acid and glycolic as AQP3 boosting. It is tempting to conclude that any product that claims it can boost moisture by increasing AQP3 activity is to be avoided.

The problem is that I have yet to come across a cosmetic that markets itself as increasing AQP3, although there are plenty that claim to hydrate. Hopefully, more information around this story will emerge in the coming days. I'll update as I come across anything that sheds some more light.

*A cautionary note on cosmetics containing ingredients that increase aquaporin-3 expression. Experimental Dermatology 2008; 00: 000–000[quote]
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
Careful, skin products that upregulate Aquaporin 3 have been linked to tumors/cancer

Alan Verkman of the University of California has just published a paper in Experimental Dermatology* that urges "caution" in the use of anti-aging cosmetics that boost something called aquaporin-3 (AQP3) because of a possible link to cancer. I don't really understand how widespread this concern should be (all, most or just a few cosmetic formulations?). This is what I've been able to work out so far.

Aquaporin-3 (AQP3) is a protein that facilitates the transport of moisture and glycerol. In other words, it helps keep the skin moist. Cosmetic companies have noticed the correlation between AQP3 and moisture content in the skin and market products with ingredients that boost "the expression" of AQP3.

Dr Verkman found, in an experiment on mice, a correlation between AQP3 formation in the epidermis and tumor cells. In his paper he says: "AQP expression in tumor cells has been found to increase their migration, invasiveness and metastatic potential." And this is his conclusion: "Given the relationship between epidermal AQP3 expression and tumor cell proliferation, caution seems warranted in the use of cosmetics containing ingredients that increase epidermal AQP3 expression."

So the main question for me is what are these AQP3 boosters? If we know what they are then we'll know which products to avoid. Verkman refers to a study carried out on behalf of Christian Dior that used a plant extract called extract of ajuga turkestanica as the hydrating (AQP3 boosting) agent. I have also seen references elsewhere citing retinoic acid and glycolic as AQP3 boosting. It is tempting to conclude that any product that claims it can boost moisture by increasing AQP3 activity is to be avoided.

The problem is that I have yet to come across a cosmetic that markets itself as increasing AQP3, although there are plenty that claim to hydrate. Hopefully, more information around this story will emerge in the coming days. I'll update as I come across anything that sheds some more light.

*A cautionary note on cosmetics containing ingredients that increase aquaporin-3 expression. Experimental Dermatology 2008; 00: 000–000
Quote:

Gee..Is this embedded in the all kinds of hydrosol or only this product?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:

Alan Verkman of the University of California has just published a paper in Experimental Dermatology* that urges "caution" in the use of anti-aging cosmetics that boost something called aquaporin-3 (AQP3) because of a possible link to cancer. I don't really understand how widespread this concern should be (all, most or just a few cosmetic formulations?). This is what I've been able to work out so far.

*A cautionary note on cosmetics containing ingredients that increase aquaporin-3 expression. Experimental Dermatology 2008; 00: 000–000
Quote:

wow whenever I see this kind of article I want to switch to organic!
helen_liu74
5% products discount

Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I bought from EDS and have been using it for two months . the scent is florallike immediatly give me a relax feeling both on mind and skin . I use it after massage with Aromessence Rose or Neroli , I heard from beautician that this will promote effect of mask. I only left mask on my face for 10-15 minutes because it absorbed very quick . After using it (twice a week ), my dry skin moisturized and smooth and gloss.
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, Thank you for your review !
I want to know your skin type.
My skin is very oily, and i worry about the mask is too oily for me.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I also purchase Decleor Hydra Floral Flower Essence Mask and I love it.I always like to use some essential oil(just like Aromessence IRIS,Aromessence Angelique)before applying this mask. Smile
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:13 am      Reply with quote
quite good regarding its hydrating level and smell. I left it under my eyes too with no problem.
My only complaint is it's too watery, texture is like fluid, much lighter than a mask texture. So it's hard to spread it on evenly on face. I'll give it 4 lippies. But I found my cheaper better hydrating mask. It's Nuxe's.
saring
5% products discount

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
is it good for sensitive skin?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
u can try the calming mask..www.decleordirect.com is having 25% off all decleor products now
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
This mask is a typical example of the mask to add oil to use after the skin is very plump, very shiny, I very much recommend

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
So many ppl give this product such a high review! I'm a mask fan. Ummm, thanks a lot for all of you!

So can I ask a question that this mask can be done every day?

Thanks again!
vivian.vl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
by the way, does anybody use the eye mask? They are the same series.
look forward to the experience~

Thanks a lot!!!!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:16 am      Reply with quote
vivian.vl wrote:

Thanks a lot!!!!

you might want to check the MUA products reviews, the reviews for the eye mask are rather contradictory.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=30776/Masque_contour_lip_and_eye_cream_mask/Decleor/Masks

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:44 am      Reply with quote
happylydia wrote:
Decleor mask is fantastic... i've been use it for many yrs... strongly recommend!!!

i use it when i in beauty salon, they put it on my face. is ok to my skin type , very gentle
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
is Hydra Floral Anti-pollution "Flower Essence" Moisturising Mask good for dry skin?
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Louisa1303 wrote:
is Hydra Floral Anti-pollution "Flower Essence" Moisturising Mask good for dry skin?

Of course! Dry skin savior! You will fall in love with it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:07 am      Reply with quote
vivian.vl wrote:

Thanks a lot!!!!

I used two of the Eye Mask. Layer thick enough, dilute the fine lines, eye skin is very high immediately. BTW,Eye Cream with the series I am also very recommended

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:09 am      Reply with quote
saring wrote:
is it good for sensitive skin?

yes,It is very mild. A very good moisturizing facial mask

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I purchased this recently due to the raves here. I love it...very nice mask
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |