Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Gehwol Medicated Foot Salve for Cracked Skin - FABULOUS!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies (and gentlemen), I may be behind with the times on this perhaps but I have just over the last few days discovered what an absolute star product this salve really is!!!

I have been wearing thongs the last week or so, doing lots of gardening and cleaning up from the storms, walking around bare-foot at home on the timber floors (always a killer for my usually soft feet) and in general just not taking good care of my feet. As I went to bed a few days ago the edges of my heels were starting to feel really uncomfortable from being overly dry, the skin was hard and rough, I won't paint a complete picture for you because it ain't pretty Smile

I have used the salve the last few nights and I am amazed at how my feet have improved!!! Even after the first night I woke up in the morning and that tight uncomfortable feeling was gone and my heels didn't feel that rough anymore. I had too much on to actually use a foot file so I just kept using the salve overnight. This morning I woke up with baby soft feet though with a definite feeling that they could use a foot file. I just used one and my feet are like baby feet (though many many sizes bigger). I'm truly impressed. I only had a little 20mL tube of this as a gift from EDS ages ago but will now be definitely getting the full size. The bonus is that it's surprisingly cheap!! http://www.essentialdayspa.com/gehwol-medicated-foot-sal-p_1451.htm

The salve itself is pretty thick so you don't want to be walking around bare foot after you apply it. I applied it just before going to bed but it wasn't so oily (like Burt's Bees for example) that I felt I had to apply socks over it. The smell is a little mediciny/herbal but not bad at all.

5 stars!!!

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Gehwol Medicated Foot Salve for Cracked Skin (75 ml)
Gehwol Medicated Foot Salve for Cracked Skin (75 ml)

Used best for severe hard skin, dry or rough skin, or very cracked skin.
The salve is based on a well-tried mixture of special soaps and selected skin friendly oils. Helps protect against inflammation and symptoms linked with cracked skin. By regular use the skin will regain its natural elasticity and resistibility and will be protected.

nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I agree I love it too
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I`ve purchased a full size tube of it after reading rave reviews here, but for some reason it does not work for me - me feet are still dry und ugly Sad
I`ll try to apply socks over it...

I`m glad it works for you, Mabsy! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
It's a good product indeed. (And I use it on my knees and elbows, too.) But when my heels are in really bad condition, I prefer an AHA containing foot cream, so if this one doesn't work, I'd try that next.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
It's a good product indeed. (And I use it on my knees and elbows, too.) But when my heels are in really bad condition, I prefer an AHA containing foot cream, so if this one doesn't work, I'd try that next.

yes, I think AHA can really help here, I used once the rest of my AHA cream on my not so soft elbows, and they became really soft!
thank you for reminding, flitcraft! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your review! I have a very dry skin in general and my feet are even drier and regular moisturiser don't help at all. I have been using vaseline and cocoa butter for my skin on the feet, but I never get a completely satisfied results from it. It is a great news that I can actually buy it from EDS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was just looking at the ingredient list and all the link says is "Panthenol, Bisabolol, Camomile, Medical Special Soap". Is that it? Could someone please check their tube. I want to make sure there are no nut oils in it. Thanks.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
What kind of AHA creams do you use on your cracked heels? I heard this helps but was not sure what to try.
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have gotten a sample of this too! I just don't quite remember where. I actually just used one application after I took a shower one day and the following morning, it was silky smooth. Since it was so smooth, I sorta lost my concern for using it and now I don't know where I placed it Surprised

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to try an AHA cream as well. There's one that has been on my list for absolute ages since a rave was posted here a few years ago now but I haven't yet tried it. It's the MD Formulations Pedi Cream.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I really recommended Gehwol products, I have tried many different Gehwol products and I love the aroma of the creams!
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with these raves. The Gehwol foot salve is amazing and I've even come to love the scent--kind of eucalyptus, kind of rosemary. I appreciate that it doesn't leave an oily film on my skin and it really sinks in.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |