Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Ylang-Ylang Aromessence oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Sunday going into Monday I had barely slept. I never do, stupid insomnia... So, upon getting home, I poorly decided to take a shower and then a "quick" nap. Naturally, I woke up at 9:30pm and was awake till 4am Rolling Eyes

Now, the point of this all is that after showering, I merely patted on some of the Ylang-Ylang and didn't apply anything else till waking up at 7 this morning. I overslept, naturally and was panicking about having to wash my face or take a shower as no matter what I usually put on the night before, be it BHA or moisturizer, my face is a greasy mess.

Not today, however. The best way I can describe how my face looked and felt was... normal. Normal like how a 10 year old wakes up. Skin neither matte nor dewy, just, happy and ready to go. I put my hair up in a ponytail, put on some of the fantastic new Healthy Tint foundation from Neutrogena and I was good to go.

Huzzah to you, Decleor!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

This serum of Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Rosemary and St Thomas Bay Essential Oils, with a fine and silky texture, is specially formulated for the daily care of combination to oily skin. Results: Purified skin that feels bright, clean and clear.

Replaced by {{14802}}.

kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I totally forgot about how wonderful Decleor products are until I read your post! I used to be a devoted fan of the Ylang Ylang Arromessence and Balm. I have oily acne prone skin and it did the same thing for me as it did for you. It gave me soft, healthy, glowing skin. I found that I had to limit my use of it to about 2 times a week, though, because I still needed to make sure to use BP treatments more often because of my very acne prone skin. But as a weekly/bi weekly supplement, it was wonderful on my skin. Glad to hear it works so well for you, too! Smile
Mabsy

Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Actually, with all these great reviews of the Ylang Ylang oil, it makes me wonder about the balm... If you were going to get just one product - the balm or the oil - which one would it be?
Joom
5% products discount

Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Both the oil and balm are great but if I had to choose 1 it would definitely be the oil as you could use this both morning and night. I use oil in the morning followed by moisturiser and balm on it's own before bed. If I'm travelling I use the oil morning and night to save space. The balm takes a lot longer to sink in so you wouldn't be able to apply your make-up for a long time after appying the balm.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I have both and I have to say that I prefer the oil. Prefer it so much, in fact, that I’m looking to put my Y-Y balm up for adoption! I have the jumbo-size jar (the $60USD size), and it’s about 2/3 full. If anybody wants it, all I ask is that you pay for the cost of shipping....PM me if you want to work something out.

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Joom and Carrie - oil it is! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Actually, with all these great reviews of the Ylang Ylang oil, it makes me wonder about the balm... If you were going to get just one product - the balm or the oil - which one would it be?

Hello, Mabsy! Smile

ITA with Carekate and Joom, I would definitely go with the oil! Smile It absorbs quite nicely and works well on its own. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Looks like another product to add to the 'wish list'.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

My Decleor ylang ylang oil has been sitting in my cabinet for as long as I can remember, even after reading all the rave reviews, cause I tried it ONCE, and it broke me out. Last night, I was in the mood for adventure, so I gave it another try, I also got NEW instruction of how to apply treatment oil on my face from a Clarins lady. She told me to better mix the oil with equal amount of toner(non-alcohol) or serum, before pressing it on the face, I heard it somewhere before too, that you should apply the oil when your face is a little damp, so it can spread out evenly and get absorbed better, basically same idea. So I mix 2 drops of the YY oil with my homemade vitC serum(pure vitC crystal and rosewater), then I also dug out a sample of the YY balm, used just a LITTLE, WOW, I could feel the difference immediately. I woke up with much calmer and decongested skin. I have only used it for one day, so I haven't experienced the "DRYING-OUT" effect that some people on MUA mentioned (Don't want that to happen, I don't have oily skin).

I can say I like the YY balm more than the essential balm, can't put it in words, but I can feel the difference, YY has more cleansing effect on my skin, but I am planning to alternate btw the 2. Not to mention, I FLEW to Sephora today to get the full size YY balm.

D

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |