Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Valmont Contour Cellular Eye & Mouth cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have finally decided that there is life outside the Phytomer products bubble and this was the perfect introduction to my venture into the Valmont line. I have tried a few different eye creams and love the cream/ gel formula the best as it's so comfortable to wear for contact lens wearers like me. (I am not sure if some of you have experienced it, but sometimes a too rich formula ends up in the eyes and you can see a colourful oily 'film' as you blink over your lens. Mad My favourite one so far-- Phytomer Contour Lift Eye Cream was perfect and I haven't come across another eye cream with the same winning consistency as Phytomer's, but as they say-- one door closes, another opens and you have to look at trying other things as you never know there may be something better out there...... after giving the Valmont Contour Cellular Eye and Mouth cream a run for a week now, it has scored ticks in all boxes for me when it comes to comfort , de-puffing and smoothness you get from a good eye cream.

And this is a good one.

This eye cream is quite rejuvenating, I'm doing night shift at the moment and there is no sign of puffiness that creeps up by around 4am... It's light, non-greasy and different to the Phytomer formula but does just as good a job at keeping those lines invisible. There is no stinging on application, it absorbs easily and keeps the eye area hydrated without any irritation. It's described as a 'treatment cream especially developed for the extremely sensitive' eye/ lip area so no wonder it was so gentle and totally comfortable to use. It would be good for those with really sensitive eye areas (Leila, you should definitely try this one!!)It's meant to also target under eye circles which I'm sure will be kept at bay when I finish my shift at 8am this morning! The only unmarked box is that it is a litte lax in providing the hydration I need for my normal/ dry combo skin. (But then, I like my eye area to look dewy and well hydrated.)

I have to say Valmont is an exceptional line, and glad that I have peripheral vision when it comes to my Phytomer obsession.:P:P Very Impressed.

Summertimegirl Wink

Ps. Chunlisa, you were looking for a winter eye cream....? Look no further.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl, you did it again. I heard your calling!

I've been QUIETLY reading all the posts without replying to any on the last few days. Please forgive me for being so lazy. I'm still enjoying my hollidays hang over Very Happy

I'm glad you could get away from Phytomer for a very short while to enjoy Valmont. It's truly a very good line. I very proudly own a big jar of Valmont Renewing Pack. My mom also gave me a small sample jar of Valmont Glacier which I have not opened yet. I heard it expires 3 months after opening, so I just want to save it until a very good day.

I save my Valmont Renewing Pack for special occasions when I either feel very good or very very bad. Very good: before going out with my friends on Saturday nights. Very very bad: when for no reason spots seen all over my face. Recently, I have many good reasons than bad to put this wonderful cream on my face including under eye areas and wait for the glows to come after just 5 to 10 mins. I love this cream. I feel so good putting it on. I have oily combination skin so Valmont is so agreeable with me. It can be quite not hydrating enough for dry skin.

I have not tried Valmont for eyes yet. Summertimegirl, you can't do this to me. My list of "things I must try before I'm too old" keeps getting longer and longer. How about my promise to Mabsy to try Cellcosmet's. But if you think Valmont is exceptional I have to beg Magda for a sample. Then I have to make up my mind. Spring is in the air. Time for new stocks. Time to shed old skin. Where's the coin?
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Leila, I'm glad you're relaxing and still enjoying your holidays. I'm back at work but am still in 'holiday' mode as business activity is still slow at this time of the year. I love the month of January!

You know when you have found your "Holy Grail" of products it's very hard to break away from using them-- it was so tempting for me to read all the good reviews and wanting to try different products all the time!! So when the time came for my order it was a good excuse to try Valmont as I had run out of Phytomer. Very Happy The Valmont for eyes & lips was a sample of four Valmont products that I recieved to try.... I can see why so many people love this line, it's scent was also very beautiful, a very delicate Bulgarian rose scent.

EDS were so generous and also gave me a sample jar of the Valmont Renewing Pack as well (it was bubble-wrapped!) Very excited to try this one. I haven't opened it yet either-- Like you with the 'Glacier', I'm saving it for when I'm very good Very Happy I was surprised that it's a 30g size sample which is excellent as I'll even have some left for when I'm very bad! :P:P I didn't know that it also helps win battles with spots so I think tonight I'll pop some on and see how it goes tomorrow morning when I wake up. You also use it as an under-eye treatment too-- what CAN'T the Valmont Renewing Pack do?!!Surprised I have normal/dry combination skin so I can possibly just leave this on, as some people have written in their posts, rather than remove it like a mask.

Leila, how long has the large jar of the Valmont Renewing Pack lasted you?... And does it have an expiry date as you mentioned with the Valmont Glacier? I hope you write up a review of the 'Glacier' when you've tried it-- you know what happens with your recommendations, they usually end up being on my TO-DO or TO-GET list too!! Wink:P

Summertimegirl x

ps. I also got a sample of the Cellcosmet eye cream so I'll be able to try it finally. This parcel from EDS has been all about eyes (surprise surprise!! Wink) but I'm still ecstatic that my new Phytomer products are back in my bathroom!!
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no, I'm so jealous with you again. You are so lucky to have Cellcosmet Eye Cream sample. I want it too!

Just kidding! Summertimegirl, of course after your fantastic post " All about Eyes", EDS sales of eye creams must be going up higher than ever! You should have all the eye creams you want.

Valmont Renewing Pack is a mask but to many people including me, who has prolem-prone and sensitive skin, it's a treatment so gentle yet so effective in brightening and soothing as well as renewing our skin. And right after being applied, it just soaks right into your skin, so there's nothing left to remove and there's no irritation whatsoever, I just go to bed with it. It smells sooooooooooo good!

Only one thing , I don't really think it's a problem, but I should let you know, if I put extra moisturizer on top of Valmont Cream, there's some white flakes come off. May be that's why we need to wipe it off before using extra thing on top. Ortherwise, just leave it. I have combination skin with oily T-zone, most of the time I don't need extra moisturizer but I heard for dry skin, you may need some.

And yes, I put it on all over my face, even all around my eyes and on my lips. My skin just loves it.

I think if I use it when I feel very good or want to feel very good, it will last just a month...Nah! I'm kidding again. I think this 50ml jar will last me half a year, if I use it MODERATELY. And the expired date on the bottom of my Valmont which I bought 3 months ago ( if my memory is good) is 06/05.

I think it will be super good as your "after long night shift" pick-me-up. Bring it with you to the office and put it on an hour before you leave the office. You will feel as fresh as a brand new morning! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy There I go again :P:P:P
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Summertimegirl

Now that you've got a sample of Valmont Renewing Pack, try it soon and let us know if you like it as much too!

Hope you can join the club.

:DJenny
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Leila, you're right I do have quite a few eye creams myself right now!! hehe!Very Happy I ordered the Murad Essential-C eye cream with 15 SPF based on Mabsy's recommendations, as I really needed one for the day, and I made sure I remembered to ask for a sample of the Cellcosmet Eye Cream as well to try. I'd read so many good positive rewiews about it and just had to see it for myself. I'm using it at night and it's a wonderfully light nourishing cream that absorbs right in. It's very gentle as well and really nice for my sleep-deprived, dry eye area. It has a scent that vaguely reminds me of a man's collogne-- not typically floral/ herbal at all but I quite liked it!! Very Happy:P

As for the Valmont Renewing Pack-- I am seriously converted!! SurprisedSurprised (Another Valmont Renewal Pack member joins the club Jenny!). This cream was soo beautiful to use, and one of the nicest smelling I've sampled!! As soon as I applied it using the 'suction' patting technique that I find helps the product absorb more, my skin just glowed and looked so fresh and happy. As I was using it as a mask for bedtime, I applied two normal layers-- not too thick but enough for a comfortable night's sleep and let the product do it's work. Together with the Cellcosmet Eye Cream, I went to bed totally blissed out with the lovely aromas of both creams subtly floating round me. ^^ I was going to save the Valmont Renewing Pack as a pick-me-up but decided to use it last night as Leila had said it also helps problematic skin-- I have a bumpy chin area at the moment as my skin is detoxing from the Christmas see-food/ alcohol diet that I lavishly over-indugled in over christmas... I wasn't expecting any miracles the very next morning but I was so surprised!!There was no redness in my chin area, the pimples had virtually subsided and almost smoothed out overnight, my whole face looked so rested and fresh. Overall, my skintone was so even. I love this product !! It really does live up to it's miracle cream expectations, it totally soothed and expedited to cure my pimply area and brightened up my dull, post night-shift complexion-- and thanks Leila, I will definitely take up on your suggestion and bring it with me to the office on nightshift. It'll be perfect.
Cool

If anything, the Valmont Renewing Pack is a skin saviour-- it packs a powerful punch when you need a pick-me-up treatment to bring your complexion to life. There isn't anything that this Powerful Pack can't do!! I'm so glad I listened to all you ladies and gave it a try. I'm trully converted!

Summertimegirl Very Happy
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so happy for you, Summertimegirl, and for me too. I was kind of nervously waiting to hear if you think Valmont Renewing Pack is as good as I think it is.

I'm so GLAD! Actually, I just had it last night before I went to bed too, but I didn't have Cellcosmet Eye Cream to perfect my sweet dreams:( It will be in my next parcel, I pray.

Jenny, have you ordered your Valmont yet :P

I have to thank Caspers Mum for this great discovery. She only said " Valmont Renewing Pack is my secret weapon." and I was sold.

jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Summertimgirl
Yeah! Welcome to the club! At the risk of sounding mushy, I really feel happy that we "sistas" are sharing this secret.

Leila,
I have not made my order yet cos I have yet to decide what else to add on. It's not that I got nothing else to order. It's just that I can't decide with so many good choices.....Phytomer Extended Youth Night Cream, or Orlane's Super Moisturising .....the list goes on and on. I hope I can make up my mind in the next one to 2 days.:P:P:P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Valmont sister!

I read your wonderful review of the Valmont Renewing Pack a week or so ago and was really hoping my sample would come in my first order from EDS. I couldn't remember if I had asked for one or not-- so when my parcel arrived and it was included with all the other beautiful products I ordered I was ecstatic. I just LOVE the fresh coolness of this product when you use it! The sample jar will last me for a little while but it will be first on my list next time I order. Very HappyVery Happy

I took a while to decide on the products as well as there are so many good lines-- the reviews helped me decide a lot. Have fun! It's even better when the parcel arrives as EDS are so generous with samples, don't be shy to ask as they are fantastic.

Summertimegirl Wink
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Don't you love the people at EDS. It seems they read our minds and understand everyone's need. In my career of cyper shopping, I have never experienced such a wonderful service. I love EDS.
Mabsy

Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
I ordered the Murad Essential-C eye cream with 15 SPF based on Mabsy's recommendations, as I really needed one for the day, and I made sure I remembered to ask for a sample of the Cellcosmet Eye Cream as well to try.

Summertimegirl,

I'm nervously awaiting your opinions on the Murad eye cream... Smile

I'm glad you're a Renewing Pack convert too. Actually, when I get home that will be the first thing I do after having a shower today; put on the Renewing Pack mask. Btw, Renewing Pack samples are 5mL in size. What you have is a GWP size courtesy of the lovely ladies at EDS; gotta love 'em!

The Valmont Renewing Pack * spam alert * is slowly but surely spreading *evil laugh* :P

Leila - LOL I love how you refer to your cyber shopping as a 'career' Very Happy You *SO* should own a beatuy salon! I'd come any day Wink
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
i like this but u need a moisturizing eye cream, the most moisturizing one is menard's super colax eye cream..it's suppose to incorporate collagen in the product and honestly it's the most moisturizing eye product i've ever used
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
i got a sample of this and had used it, i really liked it, if i am going to buy an eye cream this will be it.
radishhb

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! Very Happy

I am thinking about it
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
i am upset, why i can't get what supposed to get from the renewing pack? almost 99% of people who used it loved it. am i the 1%?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
summergirl have you tried the Glacier' eye cream yet? how does that compare to the eye and lip one?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
i am upset, why i can't get what supposed to get from the renewing pack? almost 99% of people who used it loved it. am i the 1%?

I'm in that 1% toooooooooooooooooo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

I'm in that 1% toooooooooooooooooo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Crying or Very sad
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Renewing Pack and was not impressed either. In fact it irritated my skin. I wonder if the percentage of us that weren't impressed is larger than everyone thinks. Perhaps a poll is in order.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
I tried the Renewing Pack and was not impressed either. In fact it irritated my skin. I wonder if the percentage of us that weren't impressed is larger than everyone thinks. Perhaps a poll is in order.

it doesnt irritate me but , there is no immediate improvement, my skin doesnt glow...i just dont know what to expect
skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I got Valmont Contour Cellular Eye and Mouth Cream this week, and love it.
skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
The fine lines under my eyes disappear in three days, amazing.
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone prone to milia used this eye cream successfully?

I got a sample from EDS, but with dismay read that 2 major ingredients are petrolatum (vaseline?) and mineral oil. Petrolatum is one of the ingredients that contributed to the milia under my eyes. I may have to forsake this sample and keep on looking for that HG of eye creams.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
so far I haven't seen, i'll keep an eye on it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |