Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dermalogica AGE Smart renewal lip complex
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica AGE Smart Renewal Lip Complex

My rating = 3.5 out of 5

It’s a lip balm with powerful hydrating properties and it tastes great!

I used this product on and off over a period of four months. It costs around $30 AUD for 1.75ml. I would have scored it higher – maybe even a 4.5 out of 5 if it was more economical to use.

What’s good about it? It manages to be both hydrating and oily, leaving lips soft and comfortable while it’s on and for up to an hour after removal. It seemed very similar to Jurlique lip balm in texture and taste. If you read the ingredients list, it seems to be a slightly more sophisticated formula than the Jurlique balm, containing vitamin e and sodium hyualuronate so I imagine it probably is ‘better’ for skin although I couldn’t really say it improved the condition of my lips long-term compared to my other favourite lip balms (Jurlique and Laura Mercier lip silk). The initial texture is quite light and viscous. It may start out a tiny bit gritty if cold with the different types of waxes and oils in it, but smoothes out easily. It’s reasonably durable; if I put it on at night, there’s still slight coverage by morning. Use it during the day and any lip-licking action will deplete it pretty quickly. It comes in a nifty lipstick-style applicator. When you twist the bottom, it squishes the balm up through the plastic application tube, which is shaped like a lipstick with little perforations at the top to let the balm through. It’s a great way to apply lip balm. The cosmetic effect is colourless, very shiny and sheer.

What’s not so good about it? The cost. Each balm lasted me only about a month with once or twice a day application. It’s very similar to the Jurlique balm, but much more expensive on a cost-per-use basis. Yes, it contains 1.75ml of product. That’s not a typo.

This is a great lip balm option for those times when you want gloss and excellent hydration but don’t want to go for the finger-smear method. Great to keep in the handbag. Or if you don't really care what it costs.

Ingredients: Bisdiglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, ricinus communis (caster) seed oil, synthetic beeswax, tocopheryl acetate, di-c12-15 alkyl fumerate, euphorbia cerifera (candelila) wax, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, lauryl lactate, arginine/lysine polypeptide, palmitoyl oligopeptide, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, oryza sativa (rice bran oil), triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, buyrosperum parkii (shea butter), sodium hyualuronate, carthamus tincotious (safflower) seed oil, palm oil, aminopropanediol esters, squalane, ethylhexyl palmitate, silica dimethyl silylate, butylene glycol, tribehenin, sorbitan, isostearate, stevioside, peg-40 hydrogenated caster oil, vp/eicosene copolymner, benzyl alcohol, flavour

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
Mabsy

Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for posting this review! I was gearing up to write one but decided to hold off since I only used it from two samples so far. I did like it enough to look up the cost/size of the full product and was a little disappointed when I saw the tiny size it comes in but given my experiences with the two samples, I will buy the full size.

I found that this moisturises the lips very well and has pretty good staying power. I've used it mostly overnight and I still wake up with some of it on the lips most times. During the day the situation is a little different but that might be just me since I snack on things all the time Laughing I do love the shiny plump look it gives to my lips though, so I like to use this instead of lip gloss or lipstick.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again, Mabsy. Thanks. Yes, it's a bit hard to resist once you've tried the sample, isn't it? I still had to get through a few of the full-size before I decided to go back to my Lip Silk. And I'll probably buy it again anyway...

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I've got this lip product and the most off-putting thing I can say about it is the price for the amount of product. Otherwise it's great to use at night. I use Dermalogica at night and DDF lip gloss during the day when I want no colour.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure but does this have any SPF protection?

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guys ,

Thanks for your reviews . I recently bought my Dermalogica products after reading all the wonderful reviews. I am loving them so far.I think they are worth the price . I have tried the samples of the shampoo and conditioner and they are soo good and smell heavenly . My hair has become so sensitive and fragile these days and no shampoo has helped me so far.My hair is just falling down a loot daily. Believe me I have tried everything in the store from the most expensive to the least. None has worked on my hair . After trying out the shampoo and conditioner samples from Dermalogica i can see that my hair is loving them. I just ordered my Hydrating body wash and body cream , Shine therapy shampoo and conditioner and Age smart Lip renewal complex. Cant wait to recieve them and try them out. I hope they are as good as the other derma products .
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am actually interested in the whole dermalogica AGE line. But it seems the lip balm doesn't worth trying...
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
this product is certainly worth a try! i have very dry lips and this was great for it! its only fault is the cost
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have to add my 2 cents here. I have been trying this via samples, and I am simply LOVING it.

It really stays on, and I tend to get chapped lips and bite them, and all, so I keep applying this at night, and in the morning my lips are to die for - healed, plump and full of life. Not dull and colorless like after some chapsticks..
Yeah the price bites, but I am going to buy the full size, it's well worth it. Especially, since the ingredients are so good:

Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil and Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)

Hyaluronic Acid, which holds over a thousand times its weight in water, provides maximum skin hydration for delicate lip tissue.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
As I posted in my favorite lipbalm thread...I LOVE this balm...havnt bought it (and probably will not given the cost) but used two 1 ml samples(i thought dermalogica is sooo stingy but looking at the full retail size...i take my words back..they are actually verrry generous, more than half of retail in a sample!)...as Cathay Pacific complimentry toiletries kit...and it's hands down the best lip balm I have used.......

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I also use a sample of this lip balm and was EXTREMELY impressed. it definitely plumps out the lips and has staying power.

my little sample has been a godsend in the windy, wintry weather of chicago.

highly recommended.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Well , my sample was tiny paper thing sample. So now I HAVE to buy full size. It makes my lips look alive. And the staying power is great.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |