Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Avocado oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, cm, that does help me understand the idea behind the procedure and it does make sense now. I've seen massage therapists use that technique on other parts of the face and body, just not under the eye. When everyone was talking "pinch and roll", I was afraid it meant pulling the skin too far out.
Thanks again!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Janice,
I like to alternate between methods, I like the Firming facial massage it feels great. The FIRMING is important to me at 55 trying to keep from ending up with my face dripping off LOL I also use the other method, I guess my little mind set is best of both worlds. I recommend it to people who feel leary of intense massage on the face since I feel it is a good way to get "your feet wet" if you are new to the practice. Plus it is FIRMING Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:03 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Janice,
Here is a link to a site showing how to give yourself a FIRMING facial massage, I posted it on the OCM thread maybe you will feel comfortable with this, worth looking at.

http://store.annabellina.com/massagemyth.html

HTH
DM

Thank you DM for that link. Do you do the massage everyday?
I bought the Ageless if you dare - by Lou Lou, and her opinions are a bit different to annabellina.. do you know about her facial exercises, and her opinion that the face muscles cant be compared to the rest of the body?It makes me a bit confused.
annabellina says, I quot "The muscles of the face are extremely delicate. Massage can be tremendously beneficial, but given too deeply or frequently, it can encourage the muscle to lengthen, so the comparative fragility of older muscles and their adjacent tissue are important to bear in mind".

Whats a girl to think... take a little bit of the two different opinions, and make my own..? OK to strengthen the face muscles as long as I DONT pull in them, and OK to massage everyday when I do my cleansing, as long as I don't to it too deep/hard every time.. Neutral

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Vanji,
I learned back in my late teens when at school for cosmetology license to do facial massage as a part of a whole facial..... Cleansing massage mask hot towel massage extraction ect. I have sort of kept the massage technique in my head all these years, so it is pretty much like I do this on auto-pilot I don't need to think about it. I do cleanse with OCM 2 times a day, but get the real massage at night I personally use medium pressure most of face and a bit lighter in delicate areas, this works for me. I don't use any of the "name-brand" massages out there some on the thread do and can give more insight than I as to how those compare. I think the massage on the site is good to get started, and there are side links to target areas that may be of special concern. I was under the opinion ageless was more facial exercise or is it massage? I have yet to check it out. To start OCM for decongesting your pores I think the massage technique on the link will help as a starting point and you can decide how deeply or how long to massage to get the results you are looking for.

HTH
DM

5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Thanks for the avocado oil tip. I've been using it for about a month with skin eternal HA serum and my lips look really good. I also use it in cooking as it is similar to olive oil but is higher T stable and has a nice taste. I never would have looked at it without this thread.

What HA serum do you use?
productsavvy
5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:12 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
I love AO for skin! It's fantastic Smile But haven't seen any results for sunken eyes (though facial exercises helped my dark circles under my eyes). HTH Smile

Did the facial massages and exercises help just the dark circles or the sunken eyes as well? Anything else besides facial exercise that you've tried?
productsavvy
5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:12 am      Reply with quote
lilbou4 wrote:
I just ordered a bottle online! And will be start using it as soon as I get it!! Can't wait to see some results! I notice my eyes are getting more sunken in as I get older! I miss the fats around the eyes! They are what make the eyes appear youthful!

Did the oil help at all with your sunken eye problems?
productsavvy
5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 am      Reply with quote
lilbou4 wrote:
Hi, is the AO still working for everyone? Especially for sunken eyes??

I'd like to know the exact same thing. I am kind of afraid to try an oil directly on my face. If only, it was in a proven effective eye cream without the harsh ingredients!!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
For under-eye darkness, thickening the skin has helped the most for me, but then again, my particular problem was a thin under-eye area. Massage helped a fair bit, but exercise has been a bit more effective for me in this department. I still have them, but they are faint now. I eat a very healthy diet, too, but I wasn't been observant enough back when I was experimenting to notice if that helped or not--I would guess that it does, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to comment.

For eye sunken-ness, I don't enough about the topic it to recommend anything or know what is achievable. I, too, have naturally deep-set eyes, so I know that doesn't help Sad Maybe there are make-up tricks, exercises, or other things one can do to reduce their appearance...anyone know...??

But unrefined avocado oil is still one of my favorite oils. If I put it on after I shower and before the water evaporates, my skin is very nicely plump and soft the next day, more so than virtually all the other oils I've tried.

Just a warning, though, unrefined avocado oil is thick and smells slightly, so that might be enough of a turn off for many people.

HTH Smile

5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips; I'll try some of those. Also, I'll see if I can get myself to put a heavy oil on my face (I usually hate anything heavy and break out like crazy with oils except wheatgerm oil/tea tree oil). The plumping powers of avocado oil makes me want to try it, but then I don't know if I want another acne outbreak -- those zits hurt quite a bit!!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
productsavvy wrote:
Thanks for the tips; I'll try some of those. Also, I'll see if I can get myself to put a heavy oil on my face (I usually hate anything heavy and break out like crazy with oils except wheatgerm oil/tea tree oil). The plumping powers of avocado oil makes me want to try it, but then I don't know if I want another acne outbreak -- those zits hurt quite a bit!!

Yeah, you might want to be careful then, and stick to the lighter oils. I know different people have different reactions to an oil, so I'll be curious to hear, if you decide to try it, if it works well for you, too. Best wishes Smile

5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
productsavvy wrote:

Yeah, you might want to be careful then, and stick to the lighter oils. I know different people have different reactions to an oil, so I'll be curious to hear, if you decide to try it, if it works well for you, too. Best wishes Smile

Thanks! I'll report back here if I decide to give it a go. I'm thinking of changing my current eye cream and concealer at the moment to see if that would make a difference.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

The idea that the AO may have interracted with something else is a real possibility too. I do use sunscreen and no, I'm not at all sure that I got it all off before using the AO.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I just want to add that I've had something similar happen with a completely different botanical...aloe vera gel. Just the plain stuff, nothing else added. It made my skin feel burnt (like sunburn) it pulled the skin tight and my skin became like wrinkled paper and flaking until I stopped using it. I couldn't figure it out for ages. Then I realised that the aloe vera was reacting with my garden variety sunscreen to create this hideous effect. I tested it again, at night without sunscreen and low and behold no reaction. So sometimes seemingly inert substances can do weird things.

With regards to your AO experience I'm not surprised your eyes swelled up like that. I cannot use AO on my eye are either. It's not an allergy, I just can't use any oil at all around my eye area before I sleep at night. It always gets into my eyes and makes them swell and become painful like that. I can use it in the day though. But my eyes are extremely sensitive to products at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I really like avocado oil for everything except my face. I have heard people clearing their acne with this stuff but thats not the case for me.

I really like it as a body moisturizer, it is definately great for that. I also use it as a hot oil treatment for my hair every now and then and it really helps.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 am      Reply with quote
will it make your face green?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
will it make your face green?

No it does not
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE this thread! I just ordered the Karin Herzog line from Jo Ella and I want to try something at night on my lips...this sounds like the very thing. Also My skin on my body is rough (lower legs , back of upper arms, hands) So I bought Glycolix pads for exfoliation but I wanted a good body oil. AO sounds like the perfect thing. One question though. I read that someone mixed matryxil in their oil and liked it. Has anyone tried mixing it with bio fermented sea kelp? I have alot of it and I do try to mix it. What do you gals think?

Karin
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |