Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Rawsome Flex Facial Exercise System
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I haven't seen any reviews on this program yet and was wondering if anyone has started it?

Tonya's appearance itself is certainly convincing!
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:36 am      Reply with quote
whats the website for this?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:38 am      Reply with quote
The website is http://www.beautifulonraw.com/

I think a large part of her beauty is due to her diet which she has written extensively about. I do have her book (and she says she never plans to make a dvd which is a shame. I do think she's quite energetic and very beautiful but I can't help but think if your not doing the diet will you be able to achieve the same results that she has - part of me is skeptical but I certainly do think its a good read and some of the exercises although borrowed she does give full credit to the originators on there.
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I think its stupid on her part not to demonstrate her exercises. I use Facercise BECAUSE of the dvd. And I met Carole at her salon. She does look great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I agree 100%
MidnightSunBaby wrote:
I think its stupid on her part not to demonstrate her exercises.
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Actually, she does demonstrate 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4eZVoLCRak&feature=related

And, actually, TheresaMary, one of the reasons I find her so convincing is because I personally don't think that a 100% raw diet is good for the health! Though, I have to say zeal and enthusiasm for anything you believe in certainly is a big component of staying youthful.

I'm really, really happy with the upper face, neck, and jaw components of facercise but I'm concerned about somethings I'm seeing in my n-l lines and paranthesis since I've started... but that's really for the facercise thread, i guess.
lawmom
5% products discount

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:36 am      Reply with quote
MidnightSunBaby wrote:
I think its stupid on her part not to demonstrate her exercises. I use Facercise BECAUSE of the dvd. And I met Carole at her salon. She does look great.

Yes... having a DVD does help. I can figure out how to do new facial exercises even with just a book, but it takes longer.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I have the book. There are 30 exercises. Most of them are taken from other programs, and when I see them, I can recognize exactly where they are taken from. She appears to borrow most heavily from Facercise, FlexEffect, and what I think of as the general canon of free online exercises (e.g., kiss the ceiling), in particular, and then a few others from a bunch of other programs. However, there are a handful that Tonya invented herself; not many though. The exercises are a mix of toning exercises and resistance exercises.

I'm least impressed with the exercises she has for the cheek area, and in my opinion, that is the weakest part of her program. She doesn't have exercises that target each of the muscles of the cheeks and with the exception of her cheek exercises for the side cheek (buccinators), they are all simply isometric or toning exercises, rather than exercises that can really build fullness. Of course, this makes sense in that Tonya has a very full face to begin with and has her whole life (according to what she has say), so she doesn't need to develop any more fullness in the face. She is also very lucky in that the extra fullness in her face will always make her look younger. (I'd love to have that sort of 'problem', but I have the opposite problem: a thin face with well-below average amounts of facial fat). So of the programs I own, there's nothing in it that I use that's unique to her program.

However, if you are a total newbie to facial exercises, the book would be great, as there are 30 exercises, which is a lot, and she does a reasonable job of picking some of the best exercises from other programs out there (with the exception of the cheeks, in my personal opinion, in which I think she has picked some of the least effective exercises). Oh, and in the back of the book, there are a few recipes and some tips. So in sum, if you are a newbie, I would recommend it as a good program to consider. If you aren't a newbie to facial exercise, I just wouldn't recommend it.

This was just a quick summary. If there's anything else I can do or tell you about the program that would help you decide whether to get it or not, let me know Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
On the topic of why Tonya looks so great, my best guess is that it's the combination of (1) her raw food diet, (2) her not eating after 2 pm (a version of intermittent fasting), (3) her very full face that she was genetically blessed with, (4) her zealous skin care regime (e.g., exfoliation, high frequency wand, moisturizing routine), and (5) the facial exercises. One person who was skeptical PMed me a while ago pointing to picture where her NL folds were larger and the area in the top of her cheeks was less full and thought she might have had facial fillers. I don't see any obvious evidence of it (though I could see the small differences) and moreover, the fullness in her face has had some small fluctuations up and down over the years (it appears that she gains and loss a few pounds every now and then) plus in her videos sometimes the light makes her look amazing and other times just very good (lighting fluctuations), so I'm inclined to say that she does look all natural to me. FWIW Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I Think Tonya is one of the most beautiful women I have seen. Her skin is just amazing. I think it is important to also note she has had years of meds and surgeries on her hip that could have left her with less than attractive skin if she had not gotten into healthly eating.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I agree 100%, and I love how she is completely upfront about what she's doing and answers questions etc. I do wish she would do a facial exercise dvd as that would be so motivating for me to watch her doing the exercises (and do them alongside her!).
Toby wrote:
I Think Tonya is one of the most beautiful women I have seen. Her skin is just amazing. I think it is important to also note she has had years of meds and surgeries on her hip that could have left her with less than attractive skin if she had not gotten into healthly eating.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |