Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Wrinkle MD Eye with Activator Pod
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
havana8

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Wrinkle MD Eye Hyaluronic Filler Patch System? I see EDS just added it to the store.

Wrinkle MD Eye 30-Day Starter System
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/wrinkle-md-eye-30-day-sta-p_15633.htm

I wonder how it compares to the Clarisonic Opal...
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:

WrinkleMD™ infuses your skin with the wrinkle filler injected by dermatologists, gently and safely at home. In clinical testing, women saw a 15x greater reduction in the appearance of wrinkles than the leading anti-wrinkle serum. Revolutionary INFUSION technology delivers a concentrated boost of Hyaluronic Acid and powerful peptides deep into the skin’s surface — deeper than creams and serums can reach. Pairs perfectly with any beauty regimen to supercharge results for radiant, smoother, younger-looking skin.

Replaced by {{17081}}.

LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting! I looked around online to read some reviews but there aren't many. The refill pack is $99 so that stinks.

I like the Opal because you can use any serum with it. I don't think that is the case with patch system.

I think I will wait and see!

Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Have any of you tried this?

http://www.universitymedical.com/

I have not thoroughly researched it, but it appears to be a way of enhancing topical penetration.....

Comments welcomed!

BFG
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you havana.

BFG
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
The few reviews I've read sounded pretty positive-- I think they were on Skinstore and Dermstore. Sounds like the results are cumulative. The price seems pretty consistent at $129.00. I think the refill is pretty pricey at $99, but I also read that the "pod" works for about 25 uses and then you have to buy another entire system.

Anyone tried it thus far? I have to admit that I am tempted. Even with an improved skin care regimen over the last few years or so, my undereye area is increasingly looking worse. What were once fine lines, have definitely morphed into deeper set wrinkles. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I've been looking at this product and still can't figure out how or why they think this will help diminish wrinkles...

BFG
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I agree...it seems no matter what I try or do, aging has reared its ugly head! I am turning 50 next month and I feel like I definitely look my age. I guess I'm looking for a "quick fix" but albeit, there really is none.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I've been looking at this product and still can't figure out how or why they think this will help diminish wrinkles...

BFG

Supposedly the pulse technology increases delivery of the hydrating agent, which will plump up the lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
According to my convo with the company, the effects only last for a day or so....so I think I could temporarily mask the appearance of wrinkles in easier/faster/cheaper ways, but hey what do I know? Cool

BFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
According to my convo with the company, the effects only last for a day or so....so I think I could temporarily mask the appearance of wrinkles in easier/faster/cheaper ways, but hey what do I know? Cool

BFG

Wow...then you pretty much need to use it daily. I will be passing on that (thanks for saving me!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 am      Reply with quote
yes, on the face of it, (pun intended lol) it appears to appeal to those who fear the needles of injections, but when you consider the effects don't last but for a very short time, it just seems to me that I might be better served by using a primer under my makeup, than this product...

Real fillers are a wholly different issue.

BFG
havana8

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting... they've added some clinical results (un-retouched before and after pics) to their website that suggest some cumulative effect at 4 weeks:

http://www.universitymedical.com/clinical-trials/
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
That is interesting...from what I recall of the conversation, in order to achieve benefits, the pads would have to be used daily...I already have enough on my daily to-do list Wink

I am wondering where the disconnect lies between their advertising and the person they have answering questions on Facebook.

BFG
havana8

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Apparently it was featured on "The Doctors" this week and according to the doctor who did the segment, "it has a microcurrent that infuses a couple things, hydroxy acid and peptides into the skin, 40 minute treatment, works on the basis of light electricity..." Also that "it's meant to eliminate crows feet and you get a little bit of lifting over the cheekbone area where we know we lose volume as we age."

Here's the link: http://thedoctorstv.com/videolib/init/8436
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Interesting... they've added some clinical results (un-retouched before and after pics) to their website that suggest some cumulative effect at 4 weeks:

http://www.universitymedical.com/clinical-trials/

I must say that the pics look pretty good. I wonder if they plan on coming out with components for areas other than the eyes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
It would be interesting to know how the skin penetration from this device compares to the penetration we get from cosmetic needling.

BFG
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |