Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MSM - I lost body fat & tighter skin - anyone else too?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
Hi Everyone -

So, I started MSM a few weeks ago - all because I learned about it here on this thread.

Am wondering though - has anyone (else besides me?) experienced water retention due to the MSM? I'm just curious - because my calves (!) seem bigger (when I wear my riding boots - I can feel the pulse pounding in my calves! Very odd...) and I don't normally ever retain water in my lower legs.

Otherwise, things seem fine - but I was wondering if it could be the MSM. (Haven't really started anything else but the MSM - at least internally...)

Thanks for your input! Smile

i also experienced alot of water retention. maybe i gained a bit of weight too. i read that lignisul msm is better for that but have not been able to find it recently. i was using doctor's best optiMSM.

i want to also try and use it topically. which brand is considered the purest and best and will also dissolve more quickly?
Cheerisonic
5% products discount

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
I used to take MSM. It takes reading a post like this to remind me the benefits of it that I am lacking. I'm goin to buy another bottle tomorrow. thanks

As I am reading this forum (old posts and new) it does take a thread like this to remind me how important some supplements are.

I ran to my cupboard after reading this to take my MSM. Going to try it again faithfully for my skin. I have always used it in the past with glucosamine and chondroitin to help my joints. I recently started working out religiously so I am hopeful of losing some fat too!

Thank you.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
so if it does this would it help the skin elasticity? I'm 38 . I was in an accident that left a scar on my neck and it seemed to age my neck area. I'm starting to get the folds.
do you think this would help it or am I just out of luck?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I would think both MSM and Vit C would help the skin remodel and then couple that with something like Retin A or CPs perhaps and that should help the scar heal up nicely.
lalosmom wrote:
so if it does this would it help the skin elasticity? I'm 38 . I was in an accident that left a scar on my neck and it seemed to age my neck area. I'm starting to get the folds.
do you think this would help it or am I just out of luck?
lalosmom

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:30 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your responses. but the scar actually looks great. but when they went to remove the glass -- and there was a ton of glass -- it was almost like it tore up the underlying muscles from all the cutting to remove and find any glass. my scars are actually very unnoticable but it's the tissue under the skin that looks bad and when I stretch my head back, I can see the skin stretch in weird way. this is the only part of me that is aging weird.

but I've got retin A and I'll start the msm and vitamin c.

thanks so much.
JAMESSTONES

Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="KathyJ"]
Tangal wrote:
Kathy - you are have a reaction to toxin release in your system, this is the Detox issue I mentioned earlier. You started with to high a dose, to fast.

You should start with closer to 500 mg once a day at first, and drink lots of water through the day to flush your system, then after a week or so SLOWLY go up, maybe up another 500 mg.

On my container 1/4 tsp is 1000 mg. You should only sytart with 1/8 to 1/4 tespoon at first. No more. If your scoop WAS 500 mg, then start with a lower dose - maybe 250 mg. And again drink LOTS of water.

I posted this link earlier in this thread, please read it . It discusses the Detox issues.

Thank you for this information...just spent the last hour reading about detox...sounds like that is what happened to me. It happened again today, when I got a bit cocky and took a half scoop again. Embarassed

This may sound like a dumb question, but just what toxins could be released? It mentions past drug use...but honestly, I am not and never have been a drug user. I am on thryoid medication and asthma meds, too. Could those be releasing some form of toxins? I am also a coffee drinker...about 2 cups a day, which I didn't think was that bad.

MSM is good for a heavy metal detox. if you are daft enough to be vaccinated at all in your life it will remove the mercury (thimerosal). also aluminium which if you don't no comes from geoengineering and you breath the particles. you are also drinking it and eating it. MSM is a white, odorless, water-soluble element produced in the fluids and tissues of all living creatures. Along with water and salt, it composes 90 percent of all living organisms.

This natural sulfonyl sulfur compound, once called "Factor N" (for returning cells to Normal), forms the flexible bond between protein amino acid chains. It builds and maintains supple, permeable collagen cell walls in flesh tissues, using Vitamin C for tissue cell formation.

MSM provides sulfur bonding in all enzymes and amino acids, and is required for the body to use Vitamin B5, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Selenium, Calcium, Manganese, and Co-Enzyme Q-10. 1/8 tsp. is used in the body daily. Humans contain about 0.2-0.25 ppm.

MSM softens leathery eye membranes, allowing nutrients to penetrate. It removes waste particle buildup (cataracts) and inside eye pressure (glaucoma), improves vision, muscle tone, red spots, damaged blood vessels for contact lens wearers (with MSM Eye Drops), and removes floaters.

MSM improves cell wall respiration, moving nutrients and oxygen into cells and waste toxins out, and it improves circulation. MSM lessens muscle inflammations and pain, athletic soreness, back problems, bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, hip dysplasia, and toe pain from weather pressure changes on leathery membranes.

MSM relieves skin problems, leathery cracked skin, wrinkles, and skin itching. MSM reduces scar tissue, moles, brown spots, black spots, skin tumors, cuts, and burns. Dogs eat greens to counter itchy skin, and caged birds pull feathers out to counter MSM deficiency itching.

MSM lessens cholesterol buildup, hardening of the arteries, varicose veins, strokes, heart attacks, and improves athletic performance, boosts energy, and lessens recovery time after distance running by 75 percent.

MSM improves immunity, counters lung problems (as in nasal spray), asthma, and emphysema. It neutralizes free radicals and foreign proteins, counters food and pollen allergies in 3-4 days (250-270 mg. daily), dust mites, Candida, headaches, migraines, hangover, alcoholism, and Alzheimer's disease.

MSM binds foreign proteins, anti-venom that neutralizes (rattle) snake bites, bee stings, mosquito and flea bites, brown recluse spider and black widow spider bites, and reduces drug hypersensitivity to non-steroid anti-arthritic drugs and oral antibiotics.

MSM helps drug withdrawal and repairs prednisone drug damage. MSM lessens the need for diabetics' insulin use. MSM is a mild diuretic, and is beneficial for PMS, cramps, nausea, and hot flashes.

MSM prevents stomach problems, counters stomach acidity and ulcers, constipation, and diverticulosus. It loosens and flushes colon urogenital parasites, roundworms, Giardia, and Trichomonas.

MSM supplementation side effects are generally considered positive. Fingernails, toenails, and hair grow twice as fast. Users report a reduction in nail ridges and split hair ends. Excess MSM is flushed in 12 hours.

if you were daft enough to vaccinate it will remove the mercury (thirmiserol) which pools at the pineal gland in the endocrine system. which leads to a lifetime of illness if not removed quickly. geoengineering is a cause of us ingesting aluminium on a daily basis just by breathing, eating and drinking. you cannot overdose on MSM it flushes out after 12 hours. i started on a 15 gram detox. which would be very expensive from a supplement supplier. the best and cheapest solution is pure distilled MSM 99,9% human food grade from an equine centre. it is exactly the same and probably better and is far cheaper. good look.
kaiqing
5% products discount

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:05 am      Reply with quote
WOW~ I do question any kind of weight loss without doing exercise.
And a quicker weight loss usually followed by a quicker weight regain!
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:42 am      Reply with quote
wow! i bought some msm to put in my skincare... looks like i will be putting it in my mouth too. it sounds like a wonder drug!
lobzii

Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:59 am      Reply with quote
What is the time frame from start of taking MSM until one starts to see any results?
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:58 am      Reply with quote
consumption of MSM - i saw results in 1 week Smile

my nails become harder ... that's usually the first sign for me.
lobzii

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Nail quality change in ONE WEEK of use? I doubt the change has to do with anything taken internally. It takes between 6 months and one year for the nail to completely grow out from the nail bed.
How about anyone with joint and muscle issues....any time frame for results with this? I guessing one could see a change in skin quality fairly soon but I just am skeptical about a perceived nail change in a week.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="JAMESSTONES"]
KathyJ wrote:
Tangal wrote:
Kathy - you are have a reaction to toxin release in your system, this is the Detox issue I mentioned earlier. You started with to high a dose, to fast.

You should start with closer to 500 mg once a day at first, and drink lots of water through the day to flush your system, then after a week or so SLOWLY go up, maybe up another 500 mg.

On my container 1/4 tsp is 1000 mg. You should only sytart with 1/8 to 1/4 tespoon at first. No more. If your scoop WAS 500 mg, then start with a lower dose - maybe 250 mg. And again drink LOTS of water.

I posted this link earlier in this thread, please read it . It discusses the Detox issues.

Thank you for this information...just spent the last hour reading about detox...sounds like that is what happened to me. It happened again today, when I got a bit cocky and took a half scoop again. Embarassed

This may sound like a dumb question, but just what toxins could be released? It mentions past drug use...but honestly, I am not and never have been a drug user. I am on thryoid medication and asthma meds, too. Could those be releasing some form of toxins? I am also a coffee drinker...about 2 cups a day, which I didn't think was that bad.

MSM is good for a heavy metal detox. if you are daft enough to be vaccinated at all in your life it will remove the mercury (thimerosal). also aluminium which if you don't no comes from geoengineering and you breath the particles. you are also drinking it and eating it. MSM is a white, odorless, water-soluble element produced in the fluids and tissues of all living creatures. Along with water and salt, it composes 90 percent of all living organisms.

This natural sulfonyl sulfur compound, once called "Factor N" (for returning cells to Normal), forms the flexible bond between protein amino acid chains. It builds and maintains supple, permeable collagen cell walls in flesh tissues, using Vitamin C for tissue cell formation.

MSM provides sulfur bonding in all enzymes and amino acids, and is required for the body to use Vitamin B5, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Selenium, Calcium, Manganese, and Co-Enzyme Q-10. 1/8 tsp. is used in the body daily. Humans contain about 0.2-0.25 ppm.

MSM softens leathery eye membranes, allowing nutrients to penetrate. It removes waste particle buildup (cataracts) and inside eye pressure (glaucoma), improves vision, muscle tone, red spots, damaged blood vessels for contact lens wearers (with MSM Eye Drops), and removes floaters.

MSM improves cell wall respiration, moving nutrients and oxygen into cells and waste toxins out, and it improves circulation. MSM lessens muscle inflammations and pain, athletic soreness, back problems, bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, hip dysplasia, and toe pain from weather pressure changes on leathery membranes.

MSM relieves skin problems, leathery cracked skin, wrinkles, and skin itching. MSM reduces scar tissue, moles, brown spots, black spots, skin tumors, cuts, and burns. Dogs eat greens to counter itchy skin, and caged birds pull feathers out to counter MSM deficiency itching.

MSM lessens cholesterol buildup, hardening of the arteries, varicose veins, strokes, heart attacks, and improves athletic performance, boosts energy, and lessens recovery time after distance running by 75 percent.

MSM improves immunity, counters lung problems (as in nasal spray), asthma, and emphysema. It neutralizes free radicals and foreign proteins, counters food and pollen allergies in 3-4 days (250-270 mg. daily), dust mites, Candida, headaches, migraines, hangover, alcoholism, and Alzheimer's disease.

MSM binds foreign proteins, anti-venom that neutralizes (rattle) snake bites, bee stings, mosquito and flea bites, brown recluse spider and black widow spider bites, and reduces drug hypersensitivity to non-steroid anti-arthritic drugs and oral antibiotics.

MSM helps drug withdrawal and repairs prednisone drug damage. MSM lessens the need for diabetics' insulin use. MSM is a mild diuretic, and is beneficial for PMS, cramps, nausea, and hot flashes.

MSM prevents stomach problems, counters stomach acidity and ulcers, constipation, and diverticulosus. It loosens and flushes colon urogenital parasites, roundworms, Giardia, and Trichomonas.

MSM supplementation side effects are generally considered positive. Fingernails, toenails, and hair grow twice as fast. Users report a reduction in nail ridges and split hair ends. Excess MSM is flushed in 12 hours.

if you were daft enough to vaccinate it will remove the mercury (thirmiserol) which pools at the pineal gland in the endocrine system. which leads to a lifetime of illness if not removed quickly. geoengineering is a cause of us ingesting aluminium on a daily basis just by breathing, eating and drinking. you cannot overdose on MSM it flushes out after 12 hours. i started on a 15 gram detox. which would be very expensive from a supplement supplier. the best and cheapest solution is pure distilled MSM 99,9% human food grade from an equine centre. it is exactly the same and probably better and is far cheaper. good look.

I'm sorry. I know this is an old post but can you provide scientific evidence of these claims? Are there any double blind studies I could read? Thanks so much.
glowyskin
5% products discount

Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I think MSM has shown to have potential skin benefits.

But has any of you with fillers (aka juvederm, restalyne) had it go away quicker when you were taking MSM.

Read this somewhere, and afraid of starting taking MSM for this reason.
kathykit

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:43 am      Reply with quote
[quote="JAMESSTONES"][quote="KathyJ"][quote="Tangal"]

[quote]
Thank you for your information.
Its sounds really not bad!
My hubby just brought it to me few days ago.
I am going to try as soon as possible
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |