Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Feel much better knowing there is no glucosamine but would love to hear from more ladies who are getting results from better looking skin to plumper lips - today I am still getting great results on smoother skin, more even tone and sooo soft- still waiting to see something with the lips though!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking Source Naturals HA for a week or so now, 100mg once or twice a day. Not convinced my lips are plumper but I *think* my forehead is smoother. Normally when I wake up my skin is slightly dehydrated, so I can see and feel my elevens and feel an old chickenpox scar. Cleansing, moisturising and/ or eating breakfast (huge fruit salad!) plump out the wrinkles but the scar is pretty constant. Now both the wrinkles and the scar seem smoother all the time ... Cool

This is pretty subtle, so it's possible there is a placebo effect. Will be interesting to see what happens when I forget to take them for a day or two.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am finally on the full dose of 200mg (2 tabs of 50mg) twice a day. My guy said that my face is glowing but I cannot be sure it is not due to the DMAE 5% topical gel that I am using twice a day. As for wrinkles or lips, I am not seeing any plumping effect or smoothing out. But it could be slowly happening and I am not seeing it. I hope so. I don't have that many wrinkles but I do have the crease in the middle of the eyebrows and some crowsfeet that I would like diminished. I am wondering why so many had such a dramatic result and I am not seeing that. I am going to go through the bottle and see if by then I notice anything big!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:08 am      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I am taking it with food. Trying it again today to see if that was just a one off and caused by something else. My concern with raised blood sugar and an insulin rush is that also causes weight gain. That is the whole success of diets like Atkins and people watching the glycemic index of foods. Basically, when you eat foods with a high glycemic index then it puts sugar in your blood causing an insulin rush which in turn causes you to store food as fat and not burn it as energy. So I am still researching how the glucosamine might be doing that and if it is doing that. Also, wondering if I need that in order to have the great effects of HA. I only tried this formula bc I heard great things about the biocell II, but not sure now. I will report back later to let you know if I still get the same rush.

I have been doing some research and found most reports that glucosamine can cause insulin resistance and weight gain. This is very concerning to me and bc it seems that most people only saw the positive skin results by taking the supplements with the biocell II which includes the glucosamine. I am wondering if anyone has experienced weight gain. Uggg this is so confusing now. I don't want to jeopardize my health by putting myself at risk for diabetes II which can result from insulin resistance. And I certainly do NOT want to gain weight.

I am aware of insulin resistance, the glycaemic index and Atkins as I work in lifestyle healthcare! That is why I asked if you were taking the tablet with food. Wink Bearing in mind we carry up to 5g (5000mg) of glucose in the blood, I'd love to know how any layperson has proven a few hundred mg of glucosamine triggers insulin release. It's more likely to be carb fillers in the tablet, whatever they ate/ drank alongside or adrenaline being released in response to low blood sugar. Weight gain is unlikely: each gram of carbohydrate (except alcohol) is ~4kcal and each pound of fat is ~3500kcal.

It's not wise to get your nutrition knowledge from the internet unless you stick to unbiased and reputable sources (governments, World Health Organisation, UK national health service, universities, health charities, sporting bodies). Low carb may help you lose weight but so will an eating disorder. Atkins is deficient in essential minerals, stops you exercising at anything more than a light intensity, keeps you in a permanent state of dehydration, starves the brain of fuel and risks organ damage especially the kidneys.

Do you know the risk factors for insulin resistance and do you tick the boxes? Are you aware that insulin resistance will not progress to type 2 diabetes with lifestyle management? Did you know that physical activity alone confers substantially lower risk of a host of lifestyle diseases, and that increased intensity confers additional protection? Did you know it is healthier to be overweight but fit than 'healthy' weight but unfit?

I hope that makes you feel better because needlessly worrying about your health will actually make you less healthy. Crying or Very sad

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Firefox thanks for the info. Turns out there is no glucosamine in the Skin Eternal brand so it's all good any way. Took the whole bottle and just got another bottle yesterday. I definitely see softer skin all over but have yet to see any lip plumping or wrinkle reduction that everyone else seemed to experience. Not sure why. I am taking 100mg twice a day. Hopefully over time I will see more. I do however feel like it is plumping my skin slightly overall.
mariaXwest

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi, girls!

I'm only 17 but I'm researching lip plumping products - not surgical options!! - as my lips are my favourite feature, but I would like them fuller!! I know that HA capsules wouldn't be AMAZING and give me angelina jolie lips, but after reading this forum, and seeing how cheap the prices were, I gave it a go!
Now I bought HA tablets with added Biocell Collagen on Ebay (£12.99 for 60 capsules!), and took one in the morning and then one before bed. After 2 days I think my lips are fuller, but its like they're more 'lifted' then bigger. Its a subtle change. I would be dissapointed if that was 'it' (I've also ordered Collagen II tablets with the HA, but have yet to try them - fingers crossed!), but I read earlier in a different thread that it takes about 3 weeks for the HA to really diffuse into skin cells, so I'm hoping that my lips may get fuller over time....
SO, my real question is, has anyone been taking HA capsules for a prolonged time and noticed enhanced effects the longer they've been taking them?? By the way, thanks for the whole HA idea, its ingenious!!

Maria x
Miafrieda

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
This is interesting. I have naturally plump lips and I'm 20. However, I sometimes feel that my lips were bigger a couple of years ago and as I like them so much, I don't want them to get lost during time.
Every morning when I look myself at the mirror, I feel like my lips are warm, moist and plumper than ever, I actually feel and see that. That's a normal thing, I believe, people also wake up with swollen eyelids, right? Well, that's the moment when I love my lips more than ever, but through the day, they become less warmer and plump. Anybody that knows this feeling? I don't want bigger lips or Angelina Jolie-like lips, I just want to keep my lips as they are right now, or right now that I'm still young, keep them as they are when I wake up, could HA supplements help me to keep my lips feeling just like when I wake up, all day long? I know my lips will get smaller with the years, so, if I want my lips to be always as they're now, probably I should stay with the HA supplements for a long time, is there any side effect on taking it for many time?
Which one you recommend me? With and without what? Thanks girls!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome MiaFrieda! It's well worth reading the first ten or fifteen pages of the thread, as that will answer your questions better than any single person could.

wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking them for 2 months or more. Never noticed any lip enhancement but did feel that my skin was very very smooth over my entire body. But one odd thing happened. I missed my two periods in a row and when stopped taking them for three weeks it returned. Not sure it if is a coincidence but the doc found no reason why this happened other than maybe stress. Just passing along the info.
mariaXwest

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:32 am      Reply with quote
thanks wrinklefreeforever! I'll just carry on using them with collagen II tablets (which seems to be working really well, by the way miafrieda!) and see what happens, but I certainly won't complain about soft skin! Very Happy Xx
Lanusik

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
That's it, I am envy now. I am going to order the same magic pills Very Happy
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 8:09 am      Reply with quote
You guys are having such fun here I hate to rain on your parade. But scientifically speaking, you have abandoned reason and taken a huge leap of faith.

HA taken orally in these doses barely gets plasma levels elevated. These cheap supplements contain very few of the right sized HA's for skin delivery, and there is not preferential vehicle here to help. Lip volumes based on actual collagen production do not take place in a day or two - it's physiologically impossible. And finally, measurement of lip volume by lip print is not scientific. The size of a lip print depends on how hard you press your curved lips against a flat surface. I tried if on myself 3 times, trying hard to press the same, but got 3 radically different results.

I'm sure I will win no popularity contest in this thread. I like the idea of oral supplements experiements, but they would need to be carefully constructed, you would need the right collagen fragments, doses of 3,000 mg a day or higher, and months of time, and a better measuring stick.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 9:27 am      Reply with quote
DrJ I can't speak for the recent posts but the early posts were not claiming overnight collagen induction, IIRC the assumption was a humectant effect.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
My biggest question/theory is how in Gods green earth does one know where a supplement (even in therapeutic dosage) land in the body? It is my understanding that the body naturally uses any nutrient where it is most needed first/most?

A slightly different example is during pregnancy the fetus will be given priority over the mother if she is lacking in any nutrient so as to protect the next generation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
You can't DarkMoon which is one of the reasons I bang on about supplement regimes being tailored to the individual. I tried HA for a while on the basis it wouldn't do my joints any harm if it ended up there, because I have postural imbalances and joint 'niggles'. If it also plumped my skin or lips so much the better! For much the same reason it is not unreasonable to supplement certain antioxidants and essential fatty acids, because they have systemic benefits. But too many people mega-dose stuff like biotin with no consideration for the effects it will have on anything but their hair. Crying or Very sad

Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've always assumed the body takes care of our physiological needs and doesn't concern itself with our cosmetic needs, lol. If it did...well then..you know, lol.

Razz

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I've always assumed the body takes care of our physiological needs and doesn't concern itself with our cosmetic needs, lol. If it did...well then..you know, lol.

Razz

BFG

Yes BFG&FF that was my point whatever nutrients we take in that our bodies actually assimilate will be used where our body is the most in need of that nutrient! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Whew, I made it through the entire thread. I will buy HA capsules Monday and am excited to see what happens! I plan to start with 100mg twice a day. Thanks for leading me to this thread Firefox Smile

I like to address some fine lines and if my lips plump up that would be great too!!
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I used Injuv several years ago then Costco dropped it and I moved on to NeoCell ha..like Injuv, its naturally sourced from rooster comb. It works for me! Besides the NeoCell ha, you might look at NeoCell Fish Collagen+ HA..its great getting both collagen and ha in one capsule. Amazon has good prices and free ship.

I am a little concerned about your plan to take 200 mg a day...Pharmacist Suzy Cohen recommends 100 mg as a limit.

http://www.marconews.com/news/2009/apr/14/ask-pharmacist-hyaluronic-acid-may-help-your-skin-/
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Monica34 wrote:
Whew, I made it through the entire thread. I will buy HA capsules Monday and am excited to see what happens! I plan to start with 100mg twice a day. Thanks for leading me to this thread Firefox Smile

I like to address some fine lines and if my lips plump up that would be great too!!

Hi monica,
Did it work for you?
danielfed

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:17 am      Reply with quote
In order to make your lips more healthy, then in that case, it can be used with the help of Idol Lips Plumper. This would help you to make your look fuller and more beautiful. Another most important way is to keep your lips hydrated and this is possible by drinking plenty of water and avoid alcohols and salty foods. For more details visit:
lipsplumper.net/blog/two-essential-natural-ways-get-fuller-bigger-lips
4everYoungLV
5% products discount

Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Wow this topic has been going on for years!! Interesting that HA has been noted to plump lips. Use HA on my skin and wondering if it would plump my lips if applied directly. Am using a 100% HA so I'm gonna try it! The fuller the lips the better, will post back in a few days.
TelHillLady

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, This is an old thread but wanted to see if anyone is still using Hyaluronic Acid capsules to plump lips naturally. It sure beats getting filler injections in the lips. I read through a lot of the posts. 50% thought it helped increase lip volume, but it did not work for the other 50%.

Before I buy these capsules, I am giving a shout out to those who are still seeing results from this. It seems incredible to me! Smile
Erica S.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

This is obviously an old thread, but have you all considered food sources of HLA, collagen, etc? Many of these ingredients are missing from our diets as we seldom if ever use bones for stock and such any longer.

Homemade bone broth (simmered for 1 - 2 days, or pressure-cooked) should contain lots of these ingredients.

FYI!

Erica Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |