Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

EMS for facial toning?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody try EMS (electric muscle stimulation) to tone/tighten the face?

I think I read a post here or somewhere about doing this, but I don't remember the verdict...

And then today I just ran across this EMS machine, specifically made for facial toning.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Muscle-Stimulation-Anti-Wrinkle-Eye-Lift-Double-Chin-Toner-Firm-Skin-Machine/391581220396

Good idea? Pointless? Bad idea?
khiana

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone.Excuse my English, it's not my mother tongue. Recently I bought an EMS facial machine, specifically NANOSKIN FACE and the instructions are very scarce. Someone who knows him can tell me how this device is used, I'm really lost. Thank you very much.
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
khiana wrote:
Hello everyone.Excuse my English, it's not my mother tongue. Recently I bought an EMS facial machine, specifically NANOSKIN FACE and the instructions are very scarce. Someone who knows him can tell me how this device is used, I'm really lost. Thank you very much.

Did you try looking for videos on youtube?
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
naha1 wrote:
Anybody try EMS (electric muscle stimulation) to tone/tighten the face?

I think I read a post here or somewhere about doing this, but I don't remember the verdict...

And then today I just ran across this EMS machine, specifically made for facial toning.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Muscle-Stimulation-Anti-Wrinkle-Eye-Lift-Double-Chin-Toner-Firm-Skin-Machine/391581220396

Good idea? Pointless? Bad idea?

Looks like I;ll have to wade through tons of threads here... So far EMS for facial toning seems inconclusive.

Seems a little too mechanical for my liking. Not sure though.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I am not an expert, I can only speak from my experience.
I tried EMS some time ago (Tua Viso). I found it complicated - you need to position it quite precisely in order to get results and I always needed a mirror when doing it. Some muscles contract strongly and some almost don't contract at all.
I have moved from EMS to micro currents - similar strength to currents produced by the body, on top of making muscles stronger it also promotes ATP (https://www.truthinaging.com/review/what-is-it-adenosine-triphosphate). In practical terms, after I learned how to move the micro-current gadget (NuFace), I can watch TV while working with it so I can use it regularly.
sunsoutbeauty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
khiana wrote:

Hey
There is instruction guide with the product.If you have you can check it on youtube in your language.
khiana

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback. The truth is that I bought this device without thinking it through, so I read, the microcurrent is better. A pity because it has cost me a lot of money and badly invested. Youtube instructions are not very precise and I have written to the company and I have never received an answer. By the way, I'm from Spain.
Now I do not know whether to buy a micro-current from Carita My Cle. If someone could tell me by their knowledge if it is a good device, I would appreciate it, I do not want to make a mistake again. Thank you very much
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:13 am      Reply with quote
khiana wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. The truth is that I bought this device without thinking it through, so I read, the microcurrent is better. A pity because it has cost me a lot of money and badly invested. Youtube instructions are not very precise and I have written to the company and I have never received an answer. By the way, I'm from Spain.
Now I do not know whether to buy a micro-current from Carita My Cle. If someone could tell me by their knowledge if it is a good device, I would appreciate it, I do not want to make a mistake again. Thank you very much

I think I am the only one here that said I prefer micro currents. I provided feedback about my experience, I did not state people should not be using EMS.
Important thing to be aware of is that all of us respond differently to various gadgets and with all of them, one needs to be consistent. If you did buy something, I would suggest you use it and provide feedback about it.

You mention some device called Nanoskin face. My google search shows that is RF type of device, meaning EMS or micro current. If you have questions about it, I suggest you start another thread.

In order to get better answers/suggestions, it would be good to know what is the problem you are trying to solve. Without it, it is not really possible to give any type of recommendations.

Good luck.
cristini

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am a licensed Esthetician and a trainer for a professional microcurrent company. Microcurrent is an amazing modality for lifting the muscle and stimulating ATP ~ the food of our cells. ATP actually makes the cells behave younger. EMS is different them Microcurrent or MENS. It actually contracts the muscle where as with MENS you should not feel a thing. I do not have a problem with EMS for the body, but IMO it is to much for the face and can actually deplete ATP. I would need to look at the specs of the item you were looking into to determine what the device actually is... It doesn't show a picture?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, it tells me that links to external websites are not available to new members.

The device is "nanotime beauty nanoskin face"

I think I ventured and bought the wrong device. I also believe that EMS is better for the body so I will use it on it.

Thank you all
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:53 am      Reply with quote
So ironically enough, I THOUGHT I was buying just a radio frequency device, but it turns out the device I bought also has EMS, which can't be turned off. Whenever you turn it on, both the EMS and the radio frequency turn on.

I really love the shape, and the way it feels in terms of ergonomics - better than any of the other radiofrequency / microcurrent devices I've had.

But I'm worried about the EMS always being on.

Cristini - would you mind taking a look at the amazon page of the device, to see what you think of the specs?

I'm concerned about using it often, due to the EMS always being on.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BDKT2SS/

Thank you in advance if you can! Smile

cristini wrote:
I am a licensed Esthetician and a trainer for a professional microcurrent company. Microcurrent is an amazing modality for lifting the muscle and stimulating ATP ~ the food of our cells. ATP actually makes the cells behave younger. EMS is different them Microcurrent or MENS. It actually contracts the muscle where as with MENS you should not feel a thing. I do not have a problem with EMS for the body, but IMO it is to much for the face and can actually deplete ATP. I would need to look at the specs of the item you were looking into to determine what the device actually is... It doesn't show a picture?
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Here are some thoughts from another EDS member, from another EMS thread...

Kassy_A wrote:

There are many forms of electrotherapeutic devices:

- TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation,
- IF (interferential),
- EMS (electrical muscle stimulation)
- Microcurrent and
- Galvanic.

I’ll just address the TENS + EMS, to hopefully answer the question of why I choose NOT to use that type of device on my face.

TENS sends small electrical currents through all the soft tissue to the nerve endings, which targets and stimulates the sensory nerves. These pulses of current help to decrease the patients pain by blocking the pain receptor signals from reaching the brain. A treatment will also stimulate production of endorphins, which further helps with pain relief.

This biphasic current provided by a TENS device, is simply put, 2 different pulses/intensities, that alternate over the course of the treatment. The operator will then select amperage + pulse width, and make any other adjustments necessary, based on individual needs of the patient, as well as the area of the injury/trauma.

EMS stimulates a muscles motor nerves at a very deep level which causes the muscle to contract. It can help patients increase range of motion to compromised or atrophied muscles, release muscle spasms + reduce tenderness by increasing the circulating blood to an area of injury.

Same treatment modalities apply to treatments with EMS as I’ve mentioned for TENS. The operator must know what they are doing when choosing; intensities, voltage, pulse ranges, and any other adjustments that are necessary. And precise placement of pads or probes are of utmost importance for all of these devices!

Why I prefer to never take a chance and use this on my delicate (over 60) facial muscles, is because;

1.) EMS/TENS are designed to work on “nerve” fibers first and foremost

2.) Even at the very lowest intensity, frequency + amperage, I am of the opinion that it is still too strong for the face

3.) Even though I am more than familiar with the use of these devices both during my medical career and now personally for at home use, there are way too many variables (with #2), to take any irreversible chances with the delicate facial tissue/muscle structure

4.) Why would I even contemplate a *maybe*, when there are so many microcurrent devices available, that are designed for the face?

5.) True microcurrent for facial use works at the “cellular” level, and has nothing whatsoever to do with “nerve endings”.

6.) My TENS/EMS/IF/Galvanic device certainly gets a workout treating a multitude of injury/trauma/chronic muscle atrophy in my personal life, but it will never be used on anybody from the waist up.

And I didn’t even get into the all important subject of “signatures, pulse modes + Hz”…. Nah… for my old hyde I prefer to leave all that work to someone else…lol

Because a few have mentioned microcurrent devices "made in China", I can only tell you that I am beyond disappointed in my *professional* unit complete with gloves, face probes, body probes and ultrasound.

Although the gloves are a decent quality, I thought I was being electrocuted when I tried them hooked into the machine at the very lowest intensity. The double pronged wands are the only attachment that *feels* right, but I am still leery that the frequency/intensity/modes can't be counted on.

The "Electrolast" is decent, and has nice treatment features/modes/intensities etc, but it is just so darned small, it's a PITA to use.

Hope that's of help a little.

(thread here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=55132)
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Naha,

The link you provided is about collagen supplements, not EMS.

Has any of you heard of or used this device?:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=pl&sl=ja&tl=pl&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.shop-v.jp%2Flepiano%2F&sandbox=1

It is also sold by Amazon in Japan. Unfortunately, I don't speak Japanese and google translator was not very helpful in this case.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |