Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What facial exercises would be the best for smile lines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Larky
5% products discount

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:04 am      Reply with quote
It would be great to read your opinion!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Its pretty hard to guide you as to what exercise would be best without seeing a photo of your face. You see smile lines are a bit like nls. They can mean a lot of many different things to different people, and like anything, they can be caused by a variety of different factors.

There is a really good reason that you will see repeatedly it suggested not to do exercises to fix one problem, because the way the face interconnects, it often is a combination of things that cause lines and sagging to show up.

How old are you out of curiosity? That too makes a huge difference and what else have you tried prior to this?
joyknights
5% products discount

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
1. Hook the corners of the mouth with the index fingers.
2. Pull out about a quarter inch from the resting position.
3. Apply resistance with the fingers and use the mouth muscles to tighten the corners of the mouth towards each other.
4. Hold the position for about 5-10 seconds.
5. Relax the muscles and then repeat.

Try these, I found it all over the internet and it seems effective.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Please do not do this.

This is something you will find many warnings about doing - its called spot training.
The face is so interconnected. Even the cheek muscles flow into the mouth muscle, so working just hte mouth muscle can create a kind of "monkey mouth" look that is not going to deal with the cheeks at all.

Sorry but the poster below has googled it and try to find a solution and instead it will create more issues not solve them for you. Just warning you.

joyknights wrote:
3. Apply resistance with the fingers and use the mouth muscles to tighten the corners of the mouth towards each other.

Larky
5% products discount

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Please do not do this.

This is something you will find many warnings about doing - its called spot training.
The face is so interconnected. Even the cheek muscles flow into the mouth muscle, so working just hte mouth muscle can create a kind of "monkey mouth" look that is not going to deal with the cheeks at all.

Sorry but the poster below has googled it and try to find a solution and instead it will create more issues not solve them for you. Just warning you.

joyknights wrote:

Thanks! I am 26. They are not superdeep but they are there. What would you suggest? .. or would you still insist for a pic? Smile (I am on my week 6 with tretinoin .025, 4-5 days a week on average.. with high hopes with it but I am realistic) Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Larky

Okay so 26, you are way too young for facial exercises in my personal opinion (I stress that its just my opinion). Right now, if you are using Retin A, 6 weeks is way too early to be seeing anything drastic skin wise and the majority of studies about Retin A were conducted over a years period, so my advice would be to stick with that and make sure you are using sun protection (that will save you from so many issues later on if you do so now). Plus make sure you are eating right and drinking water. Prevention is better than cure, and doing those things will help the smile lines to fade over time with what you are doing, just give it time.
Larky wrote:
Thanks! I am 26. They are not superdeep but they are there. What would you suggest? .. or would you still insist for a pic? Smile (I am on my week 6 with tretinoin .025, 4-5 days a week on average.. with high hopes with it but I am realistic) Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |