Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Queen Helene, The Original Mint Julep Masque
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I tried this, quite good. It will not make my face dry and not cause allergy even I have
sensitive skin.

Cheap and good!

Supplement Facts
Water (aqua), kaolin, bentonite, glycerin, zinc oxide, propylene glycol, sulfur, chromium oxide greens (CI #777288), fragrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol, methylparaben.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
This mask is still raved about on Makeup Alley.

It is great for a spot treatment if you have a spot. Clay is good for absorbing oil

Can be hard to find. In Canada; at health food stores. (Ask to have it ordered in.) I did buy it at Sally's but I no longer see it there.

Recently purchased at Ulta when I was in the US.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
It gets a lot of raves on iherb too…

Queen Helene, The Original Mint Julep Masque
http://www.iherb.com/Queen-Helene-The-Original-Mint-Julep-Masque-8-oz-226-8-g/5796

I'm always surprised at how inexpensive it is, only C$3.84! Shock Smile
Kdvwest
5% products discount

Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I would rather use the aztec clay. Same stuff except it doesn't include zinc/kaolin/sulfur + ETC stuff (paraben :\ ).

It's also cheaper than the Julep Masque (lb/$).

You can get 2 lbs of it for $10.50 (as of 12/26/2012) on amazon.

Swanson also sells a mask called Bavarian Mask. Which 2 boxes last a whole year.

Now has a european clay as well which is touted to be pretty good. Don't think it's better than bentonite though.
JennyfromtheRock

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I know it's cheap, which is good, but I'm not thrilled about the pheno in it, :/ I will still to by trusty Garden of Wisdom products.
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, this was the first mask I used as a teenager when I started to get acne. That was over 35 years ago! Suprised it is still around. I remember liking it, but as I got older I thought the more expensive stuff would be better.....not so much, I never found anything that actually got rid of my acne. Well, except menopause!
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I went through a phase of trying to replace my more expensive items with drugstore ones that were getting raves. This mask was one I tried, and it left my skin red and irritated. Sad I was disappointed because I'd really wanted to like it.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't seen this mask in a long time. If you like the mask, you should try their facial scrubs. Very gentle and yet effective.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
me too, I get it from iherb as well.

Sat May 11, 2013 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the Queen Helene mask. Sulfur seems to really help with breakouts. Controls oily t-zone (with regular use).

I think this mask is better formulated.

-blemish-clarifying-mask $12.00 jar

I can't post links. It is under treatments under PSF (Pure Skin Formulations.)

Very reasonable cost and available at EDS. I have tried this and other PSF products. I have been very happy with the products.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I think I'm the only one that doesn't care for this. Its very unremarkable.. has a nice tingle to it but thats all. It seems harder to remove than other clay masks and makes my skin feel chalky.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! I used this in High School. I kind of forgot about it. I think it might be a little harsh for me now.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased this recently, but been curious to try it for a long time. I agree it's overhyped. I've only used it a couple times and it just seems ok to me. I make my own clay masks and that works better for me, but the convenience is nice. I've only tried a couple other premade clay mask products, they were ok, but DIY is cheaper and better.
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:46 am      Reply with quote
The product is nothing special, though the price is really friendly, the result is just so so. It dries out my skin rather than clean it.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I love the mud mask as well.. I have used it for years..it tightens my skin..just gives a great look before you go out. I buy the big jar at Sally Beauty.

If I were to put together a basket of my favorite beauty items..it would be in there.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:46 am      Reply with quote
It's the first time I heard of this mask.Maybe I can try it later.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Don't want to be a snob but $3.80 is rather inexpensive!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |