Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Hi, DarkMoon! It's good to see you too. It's good to be back.

I love how you casually mentioned a safety issue with a product I used on my eyes. You know, you only get two of those (eyes) in your whole life! I had a panic moment until I realized the safety issue was before my batch. Laughing

Thanks for the laugh!

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I should have been more clear! That's why I said they must have reformulated. Shock Laughing

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Is "1000 hrs tint" effect permanent or temporary ?
If I use it for eyebrow as dark brown, will it make my eyebrows or eyelashes permanently dark brown ? or is it temporary?
plz one answer this:)
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 am      Reply with quote
selma1 wrote:
Is "1000 hrs tint" effect permanent or temporary ?
If I use it for eyebrow as dark brown, will it make my eyebrows or eyelashes permanently dark brown ? or is it temporary?
plz one answer this:)

It's permanent in the same way as a permanent hair dye - ie, the individual hairs or lashes fall out over time and so you usually need to re-dye them approximately once a month.
sarahb1012

Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Carrie (& Mabsy) for the great review of 1000 hour lash & brow dye kit. It sounds great. Eyelash tint is a must for me, and I can't really afford to have it done at a salon. After many frustrating uses of the Roux black tint (that you mentioned) for my lashes because it was difficult & maybe dangerous to do on myself, I am ready to make the change and am ordering the 1000 hour lash kit in blue/black.

My question is about using the dark brown color on eyebrows. (I know the blue/black would be too dark for my brows).

Can someone please advise me about using 1000 hour in dark brown on brows? I have blond hair and my eyebrows are not visible if they aren't tinted. I am thinking about adding the 1000 hour in dark brown to my order so that I can tint my eyebrows. But, how dark is this dark brown? I wonder if the dark brown is too dark for someone with blond hair and light blue eyes. (I don't want to look like Groucho Marks).

I'd really appreciate a reply from someone who has used the dark brown color with blond hair with some advice on how the color looks. (I like a natural/light makeup appearance but want to have pretty eyebrows).

It would be really great if someone can tell me how the color of 1000 lash dark brown compares to the Roux brown, which I have been using and is definitely not too dark. Actually, something a little darker would be nice.
Thank you very much!! Very Happy
quinquilla

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I purchased this in the blue/black and honestly,so far I do not know what all the hype is for. I did it yesterday and my lashes are pretty much the same light brown color and now my eyeballs have started to itch Sad
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:12 am      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear it didn't work out. I wouldn't give in yet - maybe you need to try again in a few weeks and you'll have better luck.

I've always had a good result with this product so there are a few things that come to mind:

***Were your eyelashes free and clear of any oily residue? or any residue before applying?
***Did you mix appropriate quantities? (I am sure you did)
***Did you leave on for at least 10 minutes after applying?

I apply mine rather thick on both the top and underneath (mascara is usually applied on only one side but I hit both when I do the dye and focus strongly on the ends and base).

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. Very Happy I believe I did all those things, but I suppose I could try leaving it for 20 minutes or using less developer. I used 10 drops of developer and one "1 inch" line of dye. (I assume that's what the directions meant??) I did have a hard time getting much of it to sit on the ends of my lashes. Did anyone else get prolonged itchy eyes? Mine still itch but it isn't as bad as last night and there isn't much swelling at all. I didn't get the product directly in my eyes while dying, in fact I avoided the base a bit just in case. Sister sweets, do you use black or blue/black dye?
lasergirl

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i'm a new kid on the block. have been following the conversation regarding lash tinting/dyeing. curious to know if everyone is still as excited about 1000 hour kit. i have also seen it at different sites for 12.95 and 14.95. do we think that's old stuff and should only be ordered from the aussie site? Rolling Eyes
thanks
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone else experienced a similar situation where the tint isn't as dark out of the tube and doesn't color lashes as dark as previous tubes? I list the batch codes below...

I'll explain in more detail:
I've been using 1000 hour lash tint in blue/black for many years now and have loved the results. The last box I ordered and received, however, is not producing the same results as previous boxes. The tint is not as dark out of its tube and only tints my lashes 40% (compared to previous boxes I've used over the years that have tinted my lashes 100%). It's like the formula doesn't have as much pigment. I noticed it when I first used it even after following the same procedure I've always used. I thought I had just made a mistake so I tried tinting them again several weeks later and again many weeks after that (after letting my lashes "rest" for awhile) only to have the same results. Confused

Could there be something wrong with the manufacturing process of the tube I received?

Here is the batch information:
Batch 4054EU (on box)
061010 (on tube)

My concern is that if I did receive a "bad batch" or something that if I order and pay for another kit it will be the same if the formula has changed in the last year.

I ordered this last "bad" kit from the same site as previous years too (a New Zealand pharmacy first recommended to me by CareKate).

Also, I've emailed the company who makes it (ChemCorp) twice (first 1 month ago and again several days ago) and the pharmacy (once several days ago) with my concerns and haven't heard back. Frustrating when you don't hear back from a company! Rolling Eyes

Has anyone had success ordering from Amazon? I noticed there is a seller that now sells it and it would be faster shipping.

Thanks!
Amnis

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Amnis, I haven't noticed that, but I have noticed that the color is lighter when I first open it and gets darker with each use. Then, the new tube does the same thing. It's light at first and gets darker each time. The pigment even looks darker coming out of the tube before I mix it. I don't know if it gets darker with age or if the pigment is more concentrated in the bottom of the tube, but it has happened with every tube.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:

Has anyone had success ordering from Amazon? I noticed there is a seller that now sells it and it would be faster shipping.

I bought a blue/black kit a couple of years ago for $19. Looks like it's still available, now from several vendors for $13.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I used this product before I found other brands that don't sting and actually work. This stuff is horrible and it doesn't have to get in your eyes before it burns them. The fumes do enough damage!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |