Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone used apocynin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies! It's been years since I have been on here and I am sure all the people I knew have vanished. Anyhoo, I am in the process of writing about apocynin, a vanilla-like compound which apparently reverses aspects of aging skin, and my experience with it (which isn't stellar). I am resurrecting a blog I used to write and apocynin is my first skincare topic. So please let me know! Thanks so much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Good to see you here! Some of us are still here hanging on.
Interesting, I have never heard of it but you had me at vanilla.
Is this something that is used topically or orally? If topical, what is it usually mixed with and what was your reaction to it? You mentioned negative so very curious!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello Annie! It is available as a white powder from SigmaAldrich or on eBay from Ageless Extracts.

In a nutshell, in 2019, Japanese scientists carried out a study where they wounded the skin on the tails of mice (I HATE animal studies) and then applied naturally sourced apocynin, a lab-created version of this, and placebo. The skin repaired very quickly using the apocynin and lab-copy. The interesting part is why. As we age, our dermal stem cells become less active, contributing to wrinkling and sagging of the skin. The apocynin suppresses the enzyme NADPH oxidase, reducing reactive oxygen species and stimulating collagen 17—the essential component for stem cells to adhere properly to the base of the skin, and to create new skin cells.

Dr Sivak over at SkinActives pounced on it and now has six products containing apocynin.

I ordered the raw powder and made up a solution using 2 oz of warm distilled water, 1 mg (literally a speck) of apocynin, 1 mg of non-iodized table salt, and one drop of DMSO to enhance penetration. I applied it to my face (with particular attention to the philtrum, where I am seeing fine lines), neck, inner arms and back of hands. After three months, I saw no difference, and so used 3 mg of apocynin in my next batch. That was five months ago. My face, neck and arms look the same, BUT the skin on the back of my hands now springs back immediately instead of taking 2.5 seconds. That suggests the fibroblasts are being regenerated or reactivated and producing more elastin.

You could literally make up buckets full of the solution with the amount you can buy on eBay (10 g I think), and it is cheap. People are also drinking it, as it has been used for centuries in native cultures. I am going to continue using it as, at 68, I am sure my stem cells are feeling kind of lethargic and may take longer to respond.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Interesting. So you could also basically mix it in with a lotion or cream and apply it topically.
I wonder about mixing it in my coffee like I do my collagen. If so, how much would you use? I out vanilla creamer in already so I wouldn't notice that taste difference.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |