Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

After roughly 7.5 years of my anti aging/longevity efforts
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Thepersonthatishuman

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. So I started doing daily sunscreen (for external aging), as well as intermittent fasting + periodic fasting (for both internal and external aging), at about 21 and a half years old. I now am 29 years old. Over the years while many of my friends have deteriorated pretty badly, especially in terms of either looking weathered, or simply their health has gotten quite bad (diabetes induction, etc), I have tried everything I can to keep my body and organs young. I started noticing people, once I was around 25 years old, started mistaking me for a few years younger. in addition, even at 29 now I found myself getting the same thing, and also not noticing any noticeable declines in my athletic ability. Does this mean my anti aging strategies are working? Maybe, maybe just partly, and maybe even not.

However, at least on the external end it seems my efforts (probably the sunscreen), are working. While my face has indeed aged over the years somewhat, it has largely remained the same for me, and any time I share my age, I have people surprised and guessing me anywhere from 19 (which is ridiculous overkill, no way I look that young), to 24, but usually landing in the 21 to 23 range. So I am going to share how I look now, I guess because why not. I took this photo in overhead flourescent lighting due to the fact that is the harshest most revealing lighting available. Excuse my hair, as it has not been cut since the beginning of the pandemic and is many inches longer than I have ever had it, I know it is Terrible. Also, to zoom in on the photo if you're on a small screen you can just click on the photo to enlarge it if you cannot see it well.

My next step is to figure out how well my organs are doing in regards to my efforts. At any rate, I am only reporting my real world input from people. I never make my age a topic. Sometimes it just comes up when talking about my job history and how long I have been somewhere and then I get asked, I tell it, then people act a bit surprised and say I look younger. If anything, I would think that probably most of this is due to my long use of suncreen.

At any rate, as for how I think, I feel I have kept my skin in decent condition. I try to remain very strict

Has anyone else seemed to age well based on their sunscreen usage over the years?

If anyone is interested I can post a photo (I did originally but it says I am unable to as a new member so I guess I have to make a few posts first
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello to you. I am also on a quest like you, but have been doing it for a while longer and have had pretty good results. Health wise, I am very lucky and that has contributed to a huge part of my succerss. Plus I eat pretty well and have been with the same dermatologist for a number of years (I'm praying that that man never retires as I don't know how someone else would cope with me).

Now I would share a few tips. Great that you are motivated, but dont be too strict on yourself. Having done countless diets and lost weight, for me, whenever I go so strict on myself I am almost always guaranteed to fail. Sometimes its necessary to have a day off so I would really suggest that you factor that into your regime. Secondly, health is so important. Alongside the sunscreen (and make sure you are using both uv and uva protexction) anything health challenge wise will often make you appear less than perfect. From a stress perspective alone, if you are feeling under par then that shows on your face!

I also think good skincare habits are a must too and EDS is a great resource to use on this quest. Plus you will often find tips/tools to use on the journey too. I'm not sure whether you are doing anything like facial exercises and/or microcurrent? That may be something you want to consider adding to your routine.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |